Tuesday, November 9, 2021

MTC Week (Day) 1

Hey there everyone!! This is Sister Lovell, hailing from the Home MTC.

 Today is my first P-Day, and it's only day 2 so far, so there isn't a ton to report. In all honesty, I am a jump-in-the-deep-end kind of person, and the Home MTC kinda feels like taking the stairs. XD Even still!! It's been great so far!!

 In the mornings, I've been able to drag my brothers out of their warm beds to come go on a bike ride or a run with me for my exercise commitment, and they've been awesome about it, even though it was below freezing yesterday. XD

 I was also able to contact my companion through email before the first meeting, so we were able to do companionship study starting on day one. I loved being able to get to know her before jumping into the meeting with everyone in the district, because it felt like I already knew someone there! Speaking of, my district is awesome!! There are 14 of us, and I have absolutely enjoyed talking with them, and discussing the lessons. 

 Day one was definitely a bit overwhelming, but it was also a spiritual high. There was so much shared, and I took a whole lot of notes. It was hard to keep up!! One thing that I remember most prominently, is something one of the teachers said; "You can't sing 'I Hope They Call Me On A Mission' anymore, you already have been!". That may seem like a simple comment to most, but to me it meant a lot. It made me realize, "yeah, I am doing this".

Outside of scheduled MTC time, I've been working with a very sweet lady in my ward to make my own missionary skirts!! We're making three of them, and they're replicas of my favorite skirt I've been wearing for years!! I'm excited to have them finished so I can show them off. :D

Lastly, In our final meeting yesterday, we shared our favorite scriptures. Mine is 1 Nephi 3:7

"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

 I have always loved this scripture, but I love it even more, especially now, because I am going and doing! I am going on a mission to serve the Lord, and I am doing the work he has prepared for me to do.

 I am beyond excited to finally be a missionary of the Lord, and I cannot wait to head out first, to the Provo MTC, and second, to the mission field.

 (Insert cool calling card here)

Sister Lovell

I will also be uploading all of my mission photos to a google photos album. Here is the link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH8UuZNVov71FYot7

Photos:

1- Drawing I did a while back of myself


2-Me and my companion



3- Preview of one of the skirts I'm making







4- Sneaky picture my parents took of me on my first day

5-Just Me :D






No comments:

Post a Comment