Hello again my favorite people!!!
This week was pretty exciting, as have all of the weeks thus far. XD The reason being, we had exchanges!!
Exchanges started on Tuesday right after CDC. Don't ask me what that means, because I'm not entirely sure XD. Something district council I think. Basically our entire zone/area got together and we talked about our plans and goals for the next month as well as the rest of the transfer (six weeks). Sister Williamson and I somehow ended up doing another musical number during that, which.... went okay~ considering we only practiced like 4-5 times that morning and I had never sung the alto part before. XD
That's another thing!! Ever since I've left on my mission I've ended up singing the alto part in songs. That's not a bad thing at all, in fact I appreciate that it's expanding my ability to sing harmony, but I have yet to sing soprano in a single musical number (unless you count the MTC choir), which a) is strange because I've never been an alto on any musical number before, and b) thus far, (only a stinking month and a half!) I have been a part of 5-6 musical numbers!!!! It's very strange XD. I'm beginning to think it's a sign XD.
Anyways!! So exchanges happened right after CDC, I grabbed my carry-on out of the car, and got into the car with the STL (Sister Training Leader) and one of her two companions. (the other one took my place in my quad.)
That brings us to the reason for my title!! The sisters I was on the exchange with were the Hermanas!!!!! I got to be an HERMANA FOR A DAY!!!! My life-long goal of being a Spanish-speaking missionary has been fulFILLED GUYS!!! I was super excited XD. I've taken a couple years of Spanish in High-School so I was pretty easily able to follow the lessons, and they even gave me a line or two to say during a few of the lessons!!! Only one of the lessons ended up happening, but that's okay XD. I got to recite a few things in Spanish as well as read some scriptures. :D My Spanish is fAR from fluent, but I was extremely pleased to find that I could understand the basic idea of what was being said. :)
Another Spanish thing!! I had a conversation a couple days after the exchanges over text with a guy who only spoke Spanish, which was pretty fancy!! I asked the Hermanas when I saw them the next day if it was actually intelligible, and they said it was, so I was pretty pleased with myself XD.
Goodness sakes, my emails do drag on don't they XD. Only a bit further I promise. (Edit: ...maybe not)
On our way to the Hermana's apartment, we had to drop off some Peanut Butter one of the Elder's forgot, (long story, in short: crepes) and they had all decided to go out for dollar tacos at a local taco place, which strictly speaking, we're not allowed to do. (Yet another long story. In short: obscure rules)
All of the Elders were there, including the Zone Leaders (who "should know better" XD). When Hermana Egbert walked in straight faced and directly to their table, they all froze. Hermana Stark set down the Peanut Butter jar and Hermana Egbert asked them if they were enjoying their tacos. In response they nodded and tentatively asked us if we wanted to join them.
Hermana Egbert politely declined, told the Zone Leaders to call her later, and we walked out XD. The look of absolute terror on their faces was hiLARIOUS!! My sole interaction was that I said hi to the Hmong Elders. When we got outside all three of us busted up laughing. A couple of the Elders actually called us later to make sure they didn't do anything wrong (they didn't know), because they were genuinely concerned she was mad. XD good times.
In other news!! I finished a project I was working on!! I'll probably share more details next week for... *cough* reasons *cough*. ...don't worry about it XD. It did take me a good while though, and I wanted to share this much because I am genuinely relieved to have it done.
We had some member meals this week which are always awesome, and they were all delicious. It's always fun to talk to members and share messages with them. :)
On Wednesday after one such member meal, we headed to the youth activity, but because we were coming from a different direction we got a little bit turned around. ...By "a little bit" turned around I mean "10-12 extra miles" turned around. Don't... don't worry about it XD. But becAUSE of this, we ended up on some random backroad, and there was a massive storm going on, but we were just out of the range. We had started in the storm however. That shows just how turned around we were I guess.
So we were driving down this backroad, and we drove directly into a massive cloud of fog. Sister McGary was driving, and neither of us could see literally anything. Sister Hoki and Sister Williamson were in the backseat, and we decided to say a prayer. Sister Hoki said it, and I kept my eyes open as I wAS supposed to be being copilot. Sister Hoki prayed for the fog to clear so Sister McGary could see, and imMEDIATELY the fog cleared. Talk about tender mercies and miracles!! Even though we did add 10-12 extra miles to our total miles for the month, it was worth it as it was a major testimony builder.
The youth activity was great! I'd go into detail but this email is already entirely too long, so it will suffice me to say that it was Christmas themed and quite fun.
After the activity was another tender mercy. Sister Williamson and I both decided we wanted to have a priesthood blessing, so we had asked the Zone Leaders to meet us at the church building. We all went into the Relief Society room and they gave us blessings. It was really beautiful. :) I am very grateful for Elders who are willing and worthy to give such blessings. It was a blessing of comfort and Sister Williamson and I both agreed that it was something that we needed in that moment. :)
Many of you may have seen this already, but our mission's musical Christmas card was released a couple of days ago!! I have watched it entirely too many times already, and I absolutely adore it!! I will link it here: https://fb.watch/a0M68m6it6/
This Sunday was also Come and See Sunday, and in our ward we had Brother Tatarian read the Christmas story and we sang pretty much every single Christmas song in the Hymnbook XD. I love singing... but that was a loT of singing. XDXDXD
That's pretty much it!!! I hope everyone has a fabulous Christmas!!! Thank you for reading my extensive emails every week!! I love you all!!
Love, The Milk Man*
(Aka Sister Lovell. ...If you don't understand that, you probably don't want to XD)
Link to the photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH8UuZNVov71FYot7
Link to the blog:
https://sisterhannahlovellwisconsin.blogspot.com/
Link to the photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH8UuZNVov71FYot7
Link to the blog:
https://sisterhannahlovellwisconsin.blogspot.com/
(I didn't take like aNY pictures this week guys!!! I feel so bad 😅)
| 1) Sorta blurry picture of Lambough Field's sign from the path by our house |
| 2) Me in Sister Williamson's glasses |
| 3) Cool picture in the Hermana's apartment |
* Essentially I have received a new nickname...
... I drink a lot of milk XD
No comments:
Post a Comment