Why hello there my amazing friends and family!! And happy Mother's Day!! This week has been quite the interesting one, so let's hop to it!!
Tuesday!
We had in person District Council (DC) which was excellent!! I was asked to bear my testimony at the end about joy and obedience!! It was a really good DC, and I look forward to another awesome one tomorrow!!
After DC we went out to lunch at Country Café again, and we talked over lunch. It was awesome!! Sister Foster goes home this transfer, so we asked her about her plans and stuff, and let me tell you, she's pretty hyped to be heading out.
After
we got home from DC, we went straight to UW Platteville campus to film for our
Mother's Day [Facebook] Live!! We were able to find like 4-5 people to interview and film for
the live, and it went really really well!! We were super excited.
Watch the Live video:
After dinner that evening we also went over to the Cox's to interview their kids for the live as well!! They are the most darling, and it was so much fun!! They also showed us around a little bit more of their house which was aWESOME because I've wanted to see their downstairs for a while haha. They keep talking about it, and this time we got to see!!
Wednesday!
Wednesday wasn't particularly eventful; we did studies and stuff in the morning, and throughout the day I just worked on editing the Live. If there was an activity that didn't require my full attention, I was off to work on the live again. The comps woulda helped; they offered every once in a while, but there's not much multiple people can do to edit something on one person's phone haha.
We went to mutual that night!! It wasn't particularly eventful, they were just working on their sewing projects, and we got to talk with them and the leaders a bit, but it was good. :)
Thursday!
Okay, so Thursday was the crazy busiest day of my entire liFE!! It was actually kinda ridiculous. So in the morning, we had our studies and zone devo. I am so grateful we got those studies in because we had 0 other time for them.
Zone devo was excellent; we all shared our experiences and ideas for finding new people to teach through the members, because Elder Piercy had asked at CDC for some suggestions.
After lunch we headed directly to Sister Crider's to work on the bears again! And let me tell you, those bears are the buffest little men there ever were. They crack me up.
We finished several bears while we were there, and we even took a picture!! Luckily, Devil cat didn't make much of an appearance. Made 1 (one) appearance. He jumped onto a very not solid surface, (plastic mat sticking out of a cricket cutting machine) and made a very loud noise. I think the poor kitty is scarred for life. He scampered off to elsewhere in the house and didn't show his face again. (Mostly haha)
Immediately after we finished at Sister Crider's, we drove home and booked it to Ruby's Pantry which was also going on that day. It went pretty well, tho it was a little slower than usual. We actually saw our friend Brooks there again!! He unfortunately dropped us (stopped talking to us/told us he wasn't interested) this past week, maybe last week. However! He was really nice and helped us pick up a heavy box from our carts at one point. I will admit, (even though I've never had one haha) seeing him again felt like what I would imagine seeing an ex again after a breakup is like. *cue eponymous song*
Anyways, we had to leave early which was fine because the line was starting to drag anyways. But we booked it home and changed into service clothes (jeans and a t-shirt) before driving off to the Green's to help them do some gardening! Now that was fun. Got to dig in some dirt, rake some leaves, pick up sticks, ALL the things. It was awesome!! Their kids are our age and are really fun to talk to. Sister Cox was also there which was great!!
After tHAT we booked it home to grab a snack, (we had worked through our dinner hour) and then sped off to the Robinsons' for an SPF. Let me tell you, we were there for an eXCEEDINGLY long amount of time. Two hours to be exact. It was awhile. Their daughter was planning to give a Book of Mormon away, so we brought one for her. We talked to her about it, but the rest of the time was the mom telling us about the Root beer store she works at, as well as some of her life story. We very much enjoyed it because we don't know them very well, but I think we were all very exhausted. Good news, she sent us all on our way with a can of one of their favorite root beer brands!!
Funny story with the root beer, so because Wisconsin is big on their beer, they're also very big on root beer. Apparently every brewery prides themselves on having a completely clean drink. No caffeine, alcohol, nothing. So.... root beer it is. There are a loT of brands of root beer in Wisconsin. I have now had two different brands. Both excellent. 😋 I love root beer 😆.
We came home and crashed. We were all dead inside. We were definitely starving the next morning.
Friday!
Not particularly eventful. We had weekly planning, Friday fundamentals, and Friday Finding Forum. I also continued working on the live. We finished it and attempted to upload it to the drive. (Missionary internet kinda sucks.)
Saturday!!
We got to start off the day in service clothes, which for once made it feel like a Saturday. We had a District Devo first thing in the morning which was led by Sister Stewart. Very good thought! :)
Then we headed over to this one lady's house whom we did service for last week as well, and we helped her plant a tree and some hostas. It was so much fun!! She also bought us pizza for lunch which was excellent!! She is really cool, and we will probably go back to help her again sometime. :D
We had studies in the afternoon, and then we made some calls and found someone to teach!! :D We haven't had much luck as of late, so we're always super grateful to meet someone who is interested in learning more. :)
Then we had Zone Finding that evening, which basically means we hop on a call to pray with the zone, find for half an hour, and then hop on to pray again. It's always really cool to hear the miracles that happen in just that half hour.
Sunday!!
We were able to go to church this week! It felt like forever since we had been last. Because it was Mothers' Day, they were handing out flowers after Sacrament meeting to all the moms, and all three of us got one!! They're little purple pansies in a cute little pot. It was awesome!!
We went to Young Women's this week which is always fun. Young Women's was always my favorite, so I thoroughly enjoy any time I can spend there. :D We actually went in and sang with the Primary, because the YW are doing a duet with them. :)
After church, we ended up not having a lesson with Sam, which was sad, but he texted us and apologized for dipping, he was asked to pray in second hour and wasn't sure whether or not he did well, so he was flustered and totally forgot. That was way too precious, and we were able to reschedule, so we easily forgave him. He's a sweetheart. He's practically a member already; it's really funny. XD He's definitely our most solid friend we're teaching.
Imagine going to a college thousands of miles away from home, and just going to this new church, of mostly old people or really young families you don't even know, by yourself, every single week. Sam is awesome. We're definitely sad to have lost a few friends we were teaching this past week, but we are so grateful for the few we are teaching.
The rest of the day was great as well! We went to the Woods for Mother's Day dinner and had a very delicious breakfast for dinner. It was excellent.
I got to call home which was also awesome!! I actually got to join my family for our weekly Come Follow Me on Sundays, which was awesome because I kinda forgot they did that. It felt just like being back home haha. It was pretty fun to listen in especially to the singing part because each member of my family has a specific part they sing, and I'm the high melody, and I was not there. XD I sang it quietly here (so as to not disturb the comps on their calls), but it was interesting to think of what it sounded like for them. (I was muted of course. Singing and tech lagging doesn't work out the greatest.) Love my fam! :D
Today!
We did district pday! We went to a park and played on the playground for a bit before doing some Frisbee and playing 500. We also played some card games at one of the pavilions. Cool thing about the pavilions at that park, they had these sheets of fabric you can unroll that block the wind. It was extremely nice. After we put them down, the wind stopped blowing our cards all over.
Unfortunately we are all goofs and didn't get any pictures. :(( We also went to Culver's tho!! Culver's is excellent. (Thanks, grandma and grandpa for the gift card!! It was the only reason I could afford food this week haha.)
That's about it I think. I am currently very exhausted from all our goofing around today. Haha funny story about that, the playground had one of those metal slides, and this one was rEALLY tall for some reason. Probably 10 feet idk. But anyways, I went down it first, and I think there were many contributing factors to the outcome, but in any case, I took a good roll in the bark at the bottom. Those slides are fAST!! My knee kinda hurts XD. Eh, I'll get over it.
Moral of the story: don't fool around with the metal slides. Even if they're not so scalding hot they could burn you alive, they're still a hazard to anyone who dares brave an attempt. XD
I also hit 6 months on the mission yesterday!! That is super weird. I am currently a third of the way through my mission which is absolutely ridiculous. What is with mission time anyways?? I have a feeling this is how the rest of my life is going to be like which.... I don't actually want to think about that.
Anways!!
Hope y'all had an amazing week!! Thanks again for reading my weekly novel!!!
I love you all!! 😁 ❤
We
can do this!
¡Sí se puede!
Peb Yeej Ua Tau!
Love
Sister Lovell
PS:
Next week is transfers, so my email will be coming on Tuesday! :)
Link to the photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH8UuZNVov71FYot7
Link to the blog:
https://sisterhannahlovellwisconsin.blogspot.com/
![]() |
| 1) Weekly Meme |
![]() |
| 2) Sister Crider and the Bears! |
![]() |
| 3) Selfie with the beb XD |
![]() |
| 4) This is Udderly Fabulous |
![]() |
| 5) Thank you note we received at church |
![]() |
| 6) Share the love!! |
![]() |
| 7) District Council Lunch |
![]() |
| 8) The green is beginning |








No comments:
Post a Comment