Tuesday, August 9, 2022

That's Built 🔨

Gooooood morning my friends and family!! This has been yet another crazy week! I'll try and keep it brief cause it was a longer week, and I don't really remember everything that happened haha. Luckily for me, I have Areabook, and I've been writing in my journal a lot more recently.


Monday!!
District pday!! This was pretty awesome, but mostly just at first. We went out to a creamery and got ice cream, and just mad chilled with the district, which was SO fun!! Then we drove to the Wisconsin Rapids church building, which was mega built; we raced the ZLs which was hilarious.

Once we got to the church building, the Elders immediately started playing basketball... and the three of us Sisters just chilled and played cover your assets by ourselves. Big sad. That was not built. We ended up leaving early because the Elders were just hanging out by themselves. 

(Pretty much sure that if Elder Betts was still here, it woulda been more fun; nothing wrong with the new Elder, Elder Betts was just more inclusive. If you bother to read my emails, we missed you there, man.)

We went home and called the families, and then headed to the Boyack's for dinner and FHE! It was a lot of fun! We played a game called Bang! which was a ton of fun!! They recently moved here from New York and were super excited to have us over so they could have more people to play it with on their nice full sized table. It was kinda like a mix between Werewolf and... idk. It was like cowboy werewolf but with dice. It was great! I definitely enjoyed it. :)

After that we came home and hopped on Monday Mission Miracles, which was actually different this week! There was a guest from Salt Lake who gave us some new advice and invited us to make member work our focus and to leave behind the Facebook and tracting. Not entirely, but to put a focus on helping the members to find and teach people. It was pretty cool actually!

Tuesday!
We had a couple lessons and SPFs, but the most cool thing that happened this day was that we had a lesson with Talisa, and she told us that she one day wanted to be baptized!! Just not sure when, mostly because she's not sure if family would approve. Trying to figure out how to help her there right now. 

But this lesson was a miracle because we weren't sure her intentions in meeting with us, but she just told us right off the bat there, and it was incredible!! Also she painted her Book of Mormon which was adorable! Talisa is built.

Wednesday!
We had District council that morning, which was pretty good, not much to say there, but we did go out to lunch right afterwards! That was built!! We went to the Mexican place again, and I got really good Quesadillas. 10/10 would so get it again.

We also started exchanges that afternoon!! I got to be the driver, which was such a blessing; I love driving. I'm a pretty built driver ngl [not gonna lie]. One of these transfers I'll get to be the driver, I swear. Sister Skousen came here, and that was so fun!!

We went to visit the cutest little old lady named Theresa! She's 98!! :O She has kids in their 70s! Idk why it never occurred to me that people in their 70s could have parents who are still alive, or that people in their 90s could have kids in their 70's, or that people in their 70's could have kids in their 50s! I just... that's insane! Cute Theresa said she has great great grandchildren, and the oldest is 19! She could have great great great grandchildren before she passes!! :O Theresa wasn't just built, she was built different!

Anywho, she was darling and so fun to talk to! We enjoyed that for sure. :)

After that, we were already missing dinner because we were behind schedule, but we had no time, so we headed directly to Sister Calli's house!! She's a cutie. She gave us some ant poison, which we were looking for, and then we shared a message.

After that we had planned to go to mutual, but we didn't because we were all starving and hadn't eaten yet. So we went home for dinner instead.

We also had a few more lessons online that evening before heading to bed and passing out.

Thursday!
Only exciting thing was that we finished the exchanges, had weekly planning, and a couple evening lessons. I will go into detail for one of the lessons.

We stopped by this guy named Phil's house, and we had a good long convo about his questions and the Plan of Salvation. It went well, but he had so many questions we had to tell him we'd come back because we were 20 minutes late for a different lesson.

He was so cool though! Good lesson. :) He's built.

Friday! 
Honestly a rather do nothing day; we did have a few lessons though! And we grinded that Flock Tracker! We finished filling it out, which is fabulous because it took forever. Basically it's an excel spreadsheet with all of the members and what we know about them. It's more specific than that, but I'm sure yous don’t want to read the five page essay I'd write to explain it.

We also had dinner with the Englebretsons which was cool!

Saturday!
There was a cultural fair going on that we went to which was pretty cool! We ended up running into a guy we had street contacted a while back and got his number, so that was pretty hype. He came and sat by us after we approached him the first time there, so that’s good news. 

Basically this whole thing was a fair of different cultures from people who live in the area! We got Japanese food which was really good. We also stopped by the family history booth where the Englebretsons were which was why we had initially gone. Good stuff.

We also had a few SPFs and lessons, and we went to the Freeman's for dinner! They're awesome. We love them. Their girls had just gotten back from Girl's Camp the day prior, so Chloe was telling us all about it. I miss Girl's Camp. So many good memories. :)

Sunday!
We had ward coordination for the 2nd time ever! It was good! Joseph McKee was there, and so were Sister Dahl and Brother Catmul. Relief Society Pres and Elders Quorum Pres respectively. It was good but mildly awkward because we weren't entirely sure what we were doing. They did say they're working with bishop to get a Ward mission leader though, so that’s great!

Church was good, Solomon was the only one to come, which he had initially told us he wasn't, but then ended up coming. He was in back pain from work, but it turned out that laying down hurt worse, so he figured he might as well come. Which was good! We had a good lesson afterwards. :)

After that we came home, and since it was fast Sunday, we didn't have a lunch hour, but I was making chicken pillows. So during my personal study I listened to conference talks, and made chicken pillows. Funny thing about fasting is it affects your thought process a bit, so when the comps shared what we all learned from personal, it was a lot of, "not much really", "this chapter was cool", and "chicken". I'll let you guess which one was mine. It was pretty built.

Also! We received a video from our friend Joseph Joseph Kamoira who lives in Kenya that he made it to church again! Honestly, he's what's holding our sanity together. Let me share with you an excerpt from something he texted us last Sunday:

"today at the church of Jesus Christ at Nakuru ,the Good missionaries welcome,and told me to visit every Sunday and friday,although is very far 70kilometers, Need transport, but heavenly father help me because I Love church of Jesus Christ is the church of God" (emphasis added ofc)

We quote that often. We go, "maybe ____ ghosted us, but at least Joseph Joseph goes to church because the church of Jesus Christ is the church of God."

He is our sanity. Joseph Joseph is built. He's the GOAT. (Greatest of all time) That man is elect. When he is mentioned in a conference talk someday: my companion reached out to him, and we called the missionaries there to get him to church. But really, most importantly, the Spirit led him to our Facebook page. Pop off, Joseph Joseph. You go, sir.

Anyways, after our personal studies, we had a lesson with Talisa and the McKee twins. (Speaking of the GOAT, they're it.) It was awesome!! She also texted us that evening to ask us for help setting up a plan for her to be baptized and that she wants to be!! 🤯 It was EPIC!! We love her. I love her. She's built.

We also had mission prayer. 

By way of notice, the chicken pillows were fabulous. Now that's a built meal.

Monday
We basically spent the whole day being as busy as possible so we didn't have to stress about transfers. We drove out to Neilsville and visited members out there, and stopped by a really cool family in Marshfield. We also! Had a member meal! With the Lonsdales! They're built. Super cool! It was also probably the most awkward member meal I've been to, and I don’t actually know why. It was strange.

Anyways! We were busy right up until the last 10 minutes before the transfer call, and that's when we all started panicking.

The call was good, though!! None of us got transferred, so that's fun. Bonus points, Sister Anderson got transferred up here so I get to be in a district with her again!! 🥳

Today!
Today is another chill pday, but only because we didn't get transferred. It's gotta be a crazy pday for others. But we be chilling. We're planning to go to Culver's again today for my 9 months because apparently I'm mission old now, which is stupid, because I feel like I just got here.

Anywho, I love you all so much!! Thanks for reading my crazy emails!! Have a built week!!! 😘❤️

We can do this!
¡Sí se puede! 
Peb Yeej Ua Tau!

Love
Sister Lovell

Link to the photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH8UuZNVov71FYot7

Link to the blog:
https://sisterhannahlovellwisconsin.blogspot.com/

PS: "That's built" is a rather peculiar inside joke that the comps told me to include. I found it rather entertaining, so don't be concerned if you don't understand. All you need to know is it's slang. For what? Idk, but there you have it.

Photos:
1) District pday ice cream!! 🍦😋

2) The district ft. Ice cream 🍦

3) Clouds ☁️

4) Heart attack!! ❤️

5) Sisters Skousen, Orozco and I ft. Epic garage

6) Epic garage full pic
(See dad! I did see the mountains this week!)

7) Sister Skousen ft. toad

8) cHICKEN

9) Baby cows! 🐄

10) Writing more letters

11) The comps

11) The comps x2

12) Funny meme of the week

13) Scripture art!!

13) Scripture art!! x2

14) Chicken pillows!! 😋

15) heart attack signature

16) Fraug 🐸

17) The cow that ate my quarter

18) Wisco! 🧀

19) The cuz calling me old

No comments:

Post a Comment