God morgon mina vänner!! We're going with Swedish today! This has been a really great albeit crazy week, and it was of course another that flew by, so I guess let's get to it, huh? :D
Monday!
We were all ready for our district pday by 12:00 pretty much, but then the Steven's Point Elders informed us they couldn't go as they were sick. :( So, instead of our planned pday, Sister Olsen and I just hung out around here and did some artsy things and watched movies. It was actually really nice. Even if we were sad to reschedule our district pday.
Tuesday!
Tuesday We had DC as usual, and it was really good! We had a really great discussion on the prep, and even though Steven's Point joined us virtually, we still had an absolute blast! Good times.
We went to the usual La Taqaria for lunch, and with a smaller group, it was actually a lot more manageable haha. Usual district size, two trios and our one duo evening things out to be a nice solid 8. ...yeah, that's not gunna happen ever again. More on that later.
We also had a lesson with Christel that afternoon, the only one of the week. We walked there to preserve our miles (Thank goodness) and read a chapter of the Book of Mormon with her. :) She's awesome. We also told her about the Chosen because she's been watching a bunch of Bible movies, and we showed her how to get it on her Roku.
I'll recommend it to you too. If you're reading this and have never seen that show, I would 100% recommend it. I'm mega hyped to be able to watch Season 3 as it comes out starting in December. It's good guys. It's so good.
Anyways! We also had a lesson with Jason, Cody, and Joe. This one was absolutely BOMB. We decided to bear our testimonies on faith and how we grew that faith, and it was an amazing discussion. (I also got to pet a kitty again, so that's always a bonus 🤣) We didn't leave until after 9:00, but that's okay, cause if you have a lesson your curfew goes out an extra 30 min lol. We hopped on the district call on the drive home.
What a chaotic call that was 😆. Photo attatched.
Wednesday!
Wednesday was an interesting day... kinda a rollercoaster ngl.
It started out with someone responding to my free Book of Mormon ad on Facebook. I was SUPER excited because they seemed totally legit for once.
We had interviews with President that morning over zoom as well, and that was really awesome! I love President and Sister Hansen. :)
After we both had ours, I was still messaging the one guy about getting him a BoM, but all the sudden he sent a message that was a little sus. I reread the whole convo, and realized he was being... a pain let's say that. I ended up blocking the man. I was pretty furious about the whole thing I'm not going to lie. I was mostly mad I hadn't caught on quicker, but I'm just glad we didn't actually go over to his house.
After that we had personal study, in the which I was mostly fuming the whole time, so I began to do a pretty tedious art project to let me focus on something while I listened through my headphones.
We walked over to Christel's after lunch, and she wasn't home, so we decided to walk around a little bit more. We ended up running into Brother Lockheart who was on his mail route. That was the second time we've done that which was pretty fun.
Okay okay okay, but forget all that, the most crazy part of all of this was that we had a mission meeting that evening to share what we were grateful for and what we learned from ZC with Elder Wong. After we did that, President goes, "So now it's time for the real reason for this meeting-"
Basically the next 30 minutes was a mission wide ET (Emergency Transfer) of all the trios. Meanwhile I was panicking because my WHOLE DISTRICT is trios, (sides me and Sis Olsen) so I was worried they were all leaving. InstEAD, our district is now 14 people big because all three of those areas became quads. It was absolutely buck wild.
So that was Wednesday.
Thursday!! Thanksgiving!!! 🦃
I had a mild mid-mission crisis this day, as a year ago from thence I was in the MTC partying it up with my MTC district having the best day of my life. How I have reached a year already I have no clue.
But it was a good day. We started out by making cookies to deliver, and we also got to call home during lunch! Epic times. We got a text after lunch, (during which neither of us ate miraculously🐞) asking us if we were coming to our Thanksgiving dinner?
We had been told it started at 5:00, and as it was presently 1:15, we were a tad taken off guard. We said we'd be right there, and shot a quick text to Gabriel who was to be joining us for this endeavor.
We all were able to go and enjoy our time together! We played throw throw burrito and telestrations with the members and Gabriel, and it was a lot of fun!! They had some rules for telestrations I've never played with, so that is something I enjoyed.
The whole thing was awesome, but I definitely miss my family's Thanksgiving dishes haha. No place like home right?
The rest of the day was spent driving those cookies to the member families we had planned to do earlier! Did we kinda bust our miles a bit? Maybe, but it was definitely worth it.
Friday!!
Friday was basically eating and playing piano. That's basically all we did. We had three meals that day. We started off with an amazing breakfast at the Lonsdale's. I've decided I HAVE to stay in this area one more transfer because President Lonsdale told us that we were the best companionship of missionaries that has ever served in their ward. We about teared up. 🥺🥹 It was super sweet. We had a great time there altogether.
Then we had a DL call where they asked us to do a musical number for DC, to which we readily agreed. ("We" being relative, I left it up to Sister Olsen, and she said it'd be okay, but I was hyped haha)
We decided to use our comp study to prepare for that, so we practiced piano and singing together. It was really awesome. We sound epic.
After that we had lunch at the Beil's. Tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. It was a lot of soup. 😆 It was sO good tho, and I definitely enjoyed it.
Then we came home (on time! 🤯) and did some more piano and about 45 minutes later, Sister Englebretson picked us up to go to her house for dinner as we're busted on miles.
We got there and helped them make the food, and then helped Sister Englebretson do some decorating for Christmas. Solomon was invited to this, and he showed up right in time for dinner. He was shy at first, but he said they reminded him of his aunt and uncle, so he warmed up pretty quick. :) It was epic.
Then the Englebretsons drove us home, and we did a bit of facebook work and calls and such, and then the day was over. Absolutely nuts, that day was. I was stuffed.
Saturday!!!
Okay so this was the best.
We had Sisters Conference this day, which I'd been waiting for for LITERAL months. It was epic. We were some of the first Sisters there, and we got to talk to a lot of the other sisters! There are two sisters who just got here who are also from Nampa whom I actually knew before the mish, so it was really cool to say hi and to see them!! :D
This took up pretty much the whole day. It was amazing. We started in the chapel and had an opening song and the likes; you know how it goes. We then were counted off into breakout rooms, and went to four different rooms to grow closer together and to just do different activities. It was a lot of fun!!
After those we had lunch, which was awesome of course, I got to talk to sisters I miss dearly, and to give ALL the hugs. Bonus points, Elder Ellis sat by us, and we got to talk to him lots.
After lunch we did a cookie decorating project. We drew numbers out of a bin, and I got number 10. My group was four people, and it was the best I coulda asked for. I had, Sister Horton, Sister Skousen, and Sister Hollingsworth!!!! All some of my amazing Sisters I've served around! We decorated our cookies to be a dinosaur, and it was a blast haha!!! It looked a little funky, but hey! We did our best. :D
Then we had a more spiritual close to the meeting, and we sang and headed out. We got to take a plate of 5 cookies each to give to whomever we desired.
We drove the 2 hours home, and accidentally missed a turn. (Yet another detriment to our miles. 😳) But the best part? We ended up driving right past the Gabor's house, and we got to drop off cookies to them even though they live so far from us. They weren't home, but we sat next to them in church on Sunday, and they thanked us. :D
The district call that night was awesome as well! We got to introduce ourselves for the 3 new folks in the district. It was a party and a half!
Sunday!
Oh goodness sakes, this was a day.
We don't have miles, so the Englebretsons picked us up for church because they're angels. Church itself was amazing: the Gabors spoke, and we had 3 friends attend church! Gabriel, Solomon (of his own accord!! Didn't even tell us, just showed up!!!! :o), and Jason (via zoom)!!!! It was epic!!
2nd hour in Relief Society was good as well!! I mostly zoned out, but the talk we studied was a good one. It's the one from last conference about how our habits become our new normal.
After church we came home and ate lunch. After that we both had zero motivation to do anything, and standards and adjusting to missionary life says that if you need rest, take it. Don't run at 20% when you could recharge and then be at 100%. So we took that to heart and took a fat nap. It was amazing, and we were very energized that evening.
We had 3 calls that evening that I'm so glad I was awake for because they were miracle filled!! We called Solomon and talked for an hour and a half about his questions. We called Rod, who was a self referral, and whom we found!!! We also called Cody, who is an RM from this mission about five years ago, and is living with Jason, who was one of his investigators when he was serving here in Marshfield.
All in all, it was a good day.
We also had the mission wide prayer and miracle call. Appleton presented, but also the SMLs! They shared with us ideas for what we can do for the #LightTheWorld initiative during the month of December!! It's beginning to feel a lot like it did when I first got out on the mish, and I'm mega hyped about it!!
Today!
Today is gunna be the busy day. We're actually having the district pday today, so we gotta finish up our stuffs by 12:00 so we can head over to Rapids and use the last of our miles in doing so lol. It's going to be awesome!! I can't wait.
That's all, folks!! I hope yous have a great week!!
We can do this!
¡Sí se puede!
Peb Yeej Ua Tau!
Love
Sister Lovell
Link to the photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH8UuZNVov71FYot7
Link to the blog:
https://sisterhannahlovellwisconsin.blogspot.com/
¡Sí se puede!
Peb Yeej Ua Tau!
Love
Sister Lovell
Link to the photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH8UuZNVov71FYot7
Link to the blog:
https://sisterhannahlovellwisconsin.blogspot.com/
Photos!:
![]() |
| 1) Chaotic District Calls x2 |
![]() |
| 1) Chaotic District Calls x2 |
![]() |
| 2) Happy Thanksgiving ft. Pres and Sis Hansen |
![]() |
| 3) In the Beginning 🦕 |
![]() |
| 4) Group 10 ft. Cookie dino (Sis's Horton, Lovell, Hollingsworth, Skousen) |
![]() |
| 5) Weekly Meme 😋 |
![]() |
| 6) Morning sky |







No comments:
Post a Comment