Monday, January 24, 2022

There Can Be Miracles, When You Believe

Why hello again folks! This was yet another week of highlights!!


Monday! 
We did not! In fact! Do anything we had planned to do. XD mostly cause peeps were talking to families earlier in the day, and took a hot minute, so we didn't leave for shopping until like 4:30... yeah... pday ends at 6?? It was chaotic. XD I also received a lot of emails from people! That was probably my favorite part of the day! Hearing from y'all and being able to respond is one of my favorite things to do! Being able to hold email conversations?? 10/10 favorite thing right there! I love y'all!!

Tuesday! We helped one of the members clean out their trailer home! I got to scrub and organize the fridge, (anyone who knows me should know that I had a grand old time doing that, I adore organizing) and Sister McGary vacuumed! (She said she has no opinion either way, so it worked out for me haha!)

We also got a ticket.... that was a good time XD. Apparently parking on the side of the road is highly discouraged and pretty enforced during the winters. Adieu 20 dollars. (No I wasn't driving, I'm not allowed yet XD)

For dinner we made Hawaiian BBQ pulled pork sliders! They were kinda delicious XD. The other sisters were on a call with the ZLs earlier in the day, and they [the Zone Leaders] had jokingly asked for some, so we took them some!! XD we knocked and "ran" but they saw us out their window and looked at us confused XD we pointed at their door then took off. They called us two minutes later to thank us and inform us that they had "straight up" eaten all of them already. XD completely plausible as there were only 8 rolls and there were two of them. Our ZLs crack me up XD.

I had my first emotional breakdown! The reasoning behind it was!! ...I lost my scripture marker. XD But I found it like two minutes later in the back of my scriptures, and I was mostly laughing while "weeping" on the floor. XD Sister Williamson claims it was my turn for a quad council (even tho it was just her there). It was close enough. Haha I'm a pretty happy person, so I don't think I'm going to have that hard of a time. Maybe later. XD 

Wednesday! It was Zone Conference!! It was my first "real" zone conference. (Not Christmas ZC, because apparently that doesn't count. Being on the other side of it now, it really doesn't XD) It was a tad more intense, and much more like a conference meeting vs a Christmas celebration.

President and Sister Murphy spoke to us, as well as the APs (Assistants to the President) Elder Herschi and Elder Smith. It was really good!! We received ZC prep a couple days prior, and we had listened to/read a talk called "The Peace of Christ Abolishes Enmity" by Elder Renlund, as well as studied in the PMG (Preach My Gospel) in chapter one. We were able to talk about and have a really good discussion about it, and honestly, idk why my trainer was so stressed about Zone Conference, XD it was really good!

The only slightly stressful part was called "Dominating Preach My Gospel". Basically it's a quiz on a bunch of stuff in the PMG. I got out on the 2nd question. 😅 I'm going to have to study the chapter sections further. I thought I was set because I knew chapter one, but it was the whole book. I'm too green to know that XD. I'll try again for next ZC. XD

Thursday! We got an online referral at like 9:45, and we called him immediately XD. He picked up and was impressed with the speed of our call. He is sO ELECT! He has not only read the Bible, but also the Book of Mormon! He said he knows it's true, and that he has been thinking about joining our church for a while now! His online referral request was a prayer, so we prayed with him, and then shared a scripture because he just kept asking questions!! He is coming to church on Sunday!! We are so excited for him! It was a huge blessing because for the past week and a half we haven't really been able to find any new people. The Wisconsin Milwaukee Mission truly is a mission of miracles guys!! God is good!!

We also went over to an older member couple's house. They are the absolute sweetest!! She told us practically her entire life story; we were there... definitely too long. She just kept going tho, and we could barely a word in edgewise until the very end where she was like, "enough from me, I want to hear your message now" so we hurried on with it while we had the chance. XD it was awesome tho! I have adopted her into my heart as one of my many adopted grandmother figures. I absolutely adore talking to sweet little old ladies. They make me laugh so hard.

We had Friday Finding Forum, which is where the whole mission gets together and a few previously assigned zones talk about a few of the miracles they had seen in the past week! It is always incredible to hear about what miracles people are seeing!! 

In the meeting President Murphy also asked us to continue having zero unmasked in person interactions. Which means zero member meals T.T [crying emoji] for at the very least the rest of this week, if not longer. I 100% understand why, and I'm not particularly upset about it, but it is a bit disenheartening that we have to tell members that we can't eat at their houses when they invite us over. :'(

We got to attend our training/all admin council and kinda get an idea of what we're supposed to be doing with this calling. XD It went well! Side note: Sister McGary and I both randomly remembered that we might be more qualified for this calling than we initially thought. I took a social media marketing class, and she was the admin on her school's FFA page. God is good and knows us and our strengths well, guys! Never forget that!

Come Follow Me with Sister Doucette again! Won't go too far into details because it is a weekly thing haha. But I love having that to look forward to! She always tells us fun stories about her life as well! She's pretty awesome! :D

We were also on exchanges with the Hermanas starting at 5:30, so Sister Williamson was temporarily replaced by Hermana Smith! We ended up doing something called a prayer call where we make a group call and just all add random people we have friended on Facebook to the call. When someone gets on we stop adding, and the person who's friend it is speaks up and says a prayer with them, and then invites them to hear a message and set up another time for that!! It was pretty effective, but got a bit chaotic at one point because 2-3 people joined all at the same time and there was a lot of "what's going on here??" "what is this?" "who even aRE you???" going on, but that was to be expected XD. It went well otherwise! We got an appointment set up out of it!!

Saturday!! We went to the church building to post a video that we needed more internet bandwidth for than our apartment allows XD. We did our personal study while we were there as well! It was pretty awesome! 

The coolest part of that, was that on the way home from the church building we decided to go through the drive through for the other Sisters' "get uncomfy" goal from the APs at Zone Conference. The reason it was uncomfy was because they also were giving the window attendant a Book of Mormon! I got to vibe in the back seat and get good food, so I had zero complaints XD. (I got to take notes for future ideas tho, so it was at least a little productive for me XD)

We held our first Facebook council as the Admins, which was pretty good! Getting people to talk when you're the ones in charge is like pulling teeth ngl [not gonna lie], but it was still a good council! We talked about some plans and goals we have for the page and got everyone's input on them! Overall a success!!

We had a call with all the missionaries who came out at the same time as me and their trainers so we could receive further training on Social media use as missionaries! Sister Barrus' companion said the closing prayer which was pretty cool! I got to see her! :D

We had Zone Finding!! Through the [Facebook] page too which was pretty awesome! I don't think we found anyone in that time period, but we did find a few people through the page this week, but more on that later!! At the end when we all hopped back on the call, we were having a good old time, and we took a few screenshot pictures! (The only companionship missing is the Spanish Elders in the everyone picture.) They're pretty fun so I'll drop them in my picture album for the week!

OKAY! So Sunday!! We had sO many people come to church this week! We saw literally so many miracles!!! Our goals for the week were to find 4 people, get 4 people to church, get one person on Baptismal date, and no baptisms (just cause we didn't have anyone on date, so that would be unreasonable).

Our actuals!! We met Every. Single. Goal!!! We exCEEDED our church goal by tHREE!! 

So just to be specific:
New friends - 4/4
Church attendance - 7/4!!!!
On date - 1/1
Baptisms - 0/0

It was iNSANE!!! Like.... we haven't actually met our weekly goals since before Sister McGary has been here, so this was a big deal!!! Our entire zone was just popping off this week! I think we set like 6??? 7???? Baptismal dates??? Found like 44 people, and got 25 people to church!!!  There are 22 missionaries in our zone, and 10 companionships (I cAN do math, there's two trios), so that means each companionship found like 4 people each on average?? (K so maybe I can't do math that well, but OH WELL!! ¡¡Muchos mILAGROS!!) It's literally sO crazy!! God has truly blessed us this week, and we are determined to work even harder next week!!

I think the coolest part about this, is that the few weeks beforehand we were really struggling to get anyone to church or to find anyone. God has seen how hard we have been working, and has truly given us an outpouring of miracles all in one week!! And as we like to say here in the Wisconsin Milwaukee Mission, we do not put a cap on God's miracles or blessings!! He has given us these miracles, and if we continue to work hard! We will be able to see even more!! 

2nd Nephi 26:13
"And that he manifesteth himself unto all those who believe in him, by the power of the Holy Ghost; yea, unto every nation, kindred, tongue, and people, working mighty miracles, signs, and wonders, among the children of men according to their faith."

I have truly seen what this scripture shares and I know that you can see these blessings and miracles in your own life!! If you will just but believe and put your faith and trust in Him!! I love my Savior and how He has truly given us the greatest call. The call to follow Him!! The second call is to feed His sheep. 

We can do this by lifting where we stand!! You don't have to be on a full-time mission to feed His sheep! Serve and love the people around you!! I promise you you will see the blessings this brings!!

As far as the rest of the day Sunday, church was fabulous of course, and our members are darling. We had mission prayer that evening, as well as a mission wide devotional we could invite recent converts or friends on date etc. to watch over zoom. That was really good as well; I definitely enjoyed it.

Today our plans are to take it easy, go shopping at some point, and get some stuff done at the apartment. Maybe go out to get ice-cream if we're lucky haha. XD

Anyways, that's about all that's happened for me this week! I hope *y'all're having a great time no matter where you are in the world!! :D

I love you guys!!

(Btw I hAVE AN OUTRO NOW GUYS!!) 
[outro= noun. In music, a portion of music at the end of a song; like an intro, but at the end instead of the beginning.]

We can do this!
¡Sí se puede! 
Peb Yeej Ua Tau!



1) Necklace I got from Zone Conference (and the inspiration for my outro)

2) Massive grape I got from Zone Conference

3) Y'all already know I gotta have a sunset picture 

4) adorable gif sent in the chat! (I want to make oneeeeee T.T)

5) Zone call pictures x3





*Ps, before y'all come at me, y'all're is a word ok?? The ZLs already made fun of me for it. XD that's already been done, don't feel inclined to pitch in.

Pps, for all you Spanish speakers, I know that "Sí se puede" means "yes we can" and not "we can do this", but our mission president does not XD. It's okay, it works out in the end: "We can do this! Yes we can!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment