Starting from the beginning, Tuesday evening! After I sent my email, I had a pretty chill rest of the day! I got to watch an episode of The Chosen, and all together just got to vibe in the apartment! It was great!
However, a little later in the day, one of the other Sisters was kinda having a hard time, so we got to have a quad council with her, and talk it through and just let her kinda cry it out.
After we were able to talk for a bit, we went back to work for the last three hours of the day!
After 9 we had our last call with our District Leader before he moved areas! So sad! We'll miss him!
Wednesday Sister McGary and I went to one of the older ladies houses whom we visit a lot and shared a message with her as well as just talked! She's very sweet, and she has two cats which are dARLING!!
When we got home, another Sister was having a hard time, and we held another quad council to try and help and comfort her as well.
Wednesdays we try to go to mutual most of the time, and we were able to do that! They were making vision boards for the year and invited us to join!
We ducked out in the middle tho, the Zone Leaders had arrived to give the two Sisters having a hard time blessings. While they were receiving theirs, I felt prompted to ask for one as well, even though I wasn't planning to. It was exactly what I needed to hear in that moment, and I'm sO grateful for promptings as well as worthy priesthood holders! We love our ZLs!!
While we were there, I also finally gave them back their pants I had finished fixing a week prior XD. They were excited about the drawings I did of them and the popcorn I gave them! XD ...I'm kinda intolerant to popcorn and corn in general which sUCKS cause it's my favorite, and I had bought a box of it, plus I have some from home (which I wILL be eating) just not all 20 bags I have currently XD. But yes they were excited about those.
That evening we had a Zone call where we got to meet all the newbies! There are 6 new people. 3 new Elders, and 3 new Sisters! 3 (two Elders one Sister) of them are greenies and just got to the mission! I think all of them are reassigned XD. I know for sure 2/3 are.
In the zone call we played hangman while waiting for everyone to get on the call (classic Elder Graper), and then did a show and tell of something that represents us! I showed my Kalimba and my MTC District drawing. (Music and Art!!) It was pretty awesome! I'm excited for this new zone!
Thursday we had an in person lesson with some members! We got to meet their darling 9 month old daughter! They are big hunting fans, which was cool to see the decorations around their house haha!
We also had a Zoom lesson with a new person who knows the Bible in and out and as we talk about the Book of Mormon (which he has a copy already) he brings up connections that they have and likes to talk deep doctrine and is super genuinely interested in learning more! He says he likes his church, but is super open to taking lessons! Which is super Elect of him!!! We're pretty excited haha!
Friday we worked on our fb post which goes up today!! Exciting!! Definitely check it out because it's very much got my touch on it! I'm super excited!!!
We also went to Sister Doucette's again which is always awesome! Come Follow Me is awesome to always have at least one day of!! (I do more than that but still XD)
Saturday while we were on a Zone video call, we got a phone call from President Murphey! We were like, uhhh... 👀 but we picked up and he's totally awesome!! He did however extend a call to us! Sister McGary and I are now the admins for the Facebook page of our area! Basically we make the schedules, put up the posts, make sure people get theirs in on time, etc etc! I'm super excited about it!!
Later that evening the oTHER Sister had a bit of a day, and we held another quad council.
So yes, we've had a bit of a week. It was pretty good altogether tho!! I have yet to need a quad council, but I'll keep y'all updated. It's really nice to be in a quad.
SUNDAY!
Sunday was pretty great! We went to Sister Cooks house before church! They are having a missionary stay with them rn. She's a convert and she came home for a couple days for family reasons, and the cook's offered to let her stay at their place. Sister Young is super darling! I'm happy I got to meet her!!
Church was great! We had two people come! Bob, and a recent convert who hasn't been in ~6 months. It was pretty sweet to see the members just swarm them to say hello!
There was also a pretty great talk given by one of the bretheren in the ward! It was about where we can turn for peace. These are my favorite parts:
Upon being questioned, "Where can I turn for peace?" the speaker's 3 oldest kids said this:
"I punch walls"
The next, wanting to one-up their sibling said:
"I punch pEOPLE! ...judo flipping is also acceptable"
The oldest:
"I throw a plate on the ground, and then I have a lot of pieces"
... sound familiar Mom and Dad? XD totally sounds like answers my brothers and I would give.
It was pretty funny XD. I love our members!
Sunday evening we were back at the church building for another priesthood blessing for the other sister who hadn't gotten one the first time. It was a beautiful blessing. Again, we love our ZLs, and we are so blessed to have Elders who are willing and able to give us priesthood blessings when we need them.
As for today, we plan to go shopping, and treat ourselves out. It's been a week for us, and we kinda deserve it we think. :) Likely it'll be ice cream and similar shenanigans. XD
I'll probably also watch an episode or two of The Chosen. XD
Anyways, that's about it for this week!! I love y'all!! Never forget it!!
Mosiah 18:21"And he commanded them that there should be no contention one with another, but that they should look forward with one eye, having one faith and one baptism, having their hearts knit together in unity and in love one towards another."
I was reading in Mosiah this week, and I love this verse! We are all so different as members of this church, and even tho we are each individual and unique, we should "look forward with an eye single to the glory of God" (D&C 4:5) and to this faith which we are blessed with! We should love and serve one another, and I testify of this! It makes such a difference!
Again, I love you all! Thanks for tuning in again this week!!
1) TURKEYS! (Video)
| 2) Cool red sunset! |
| 3) Verse I read this week, gave off Kuzco vibes |
| 4) Preview of a little ✨project✨ I've been working on! (It goes up |
| solo tree for FB project |
[Special blog preview of Facebook project video. Visit "Church of Jesus Christ in Northeast WI" Facebook page to view, comment, and share!]
| 5) Greenie Buddies! |
6) Me with the Elders and their [mended] pants |
| 7) Last district call before we lost Elder Largey! |
| 8) Screenshot of my parents I took XP XD |
| 9) Vision board I started making at Mutual this week, and will ...eventually... finish! (Probably XD) |
No comments:
Post a Comment