Why hello again my dearest friends and family!!
This week has.... been a week. XD
Monday last week!! District P-day! I finally found out what we were doing XD. We played pickle ball, volleyball, and some really intense rounds of apples to apples and Uno XD. ...when I say intense, I am not kidding. Last week I said I didn't think I'd ever laugh harder, but that's a LIE! This week has proved this to me. XD
This week was also the last week before transfers, and so the group chat got even a little more chaotic than it was last week XD. I adore this district, and now I know that if I loved my MTC district so much, and this district so much, that I will just continue to love each and ever district I am blessed to be a part of. (Don't worry MTC district!! Y'all are still way up there on my list of favorites!! :D)
Tuesday was CDC last week, which I now know! means Combined District Council XD. Sister McGary and I did a musical number! (Yes I sang Alto again XD.) We sang "I Believe in Christ," which made it easy for me because I sang that at the MTC with the other sisters in my MTC district for Sacrament meeting! Thus I already knew the Alto part. :D
DC which means District Council was also this week, but Wednesday, and that was pretty good too! Sister McGary and I did a training for that XD. We had to study and teach about the technology safeguards. It went well! Our District is pretty fun.
Thursday we got to do some service and shovel a member's driveway! She broke her arm this week on the ice, :( so we agreed to shovel it for her! It was extra fun cause Sister McGary is from California, and had never done it before. (Coincidentally she is also our driver XD. Don't worry tho, she's a great driver, and the Lord is protecting us)
Friday was New Missionary Summit!! Basically thats a meeting where all the missionaries who are super green (brand new) as of this transfer, all hop on a Zoom call and get some extra training from the Mission President! He's super funny, and we all love President and Sister Murphy! We talked about making power stances, and I bet some of you can guess what mine was when we got to choose for the last one! (...yes it was a dab)
We also got to visit Sister Doucette for Come Follow Me this Thursday! It was super cool to talk about the differences between the three different accounts of the creation. I've never read the old testament, so I am thoroughly enjoying the topic of study for Come Follow Me this year. :)
Okay, so Saturday.... was a day.
In the morning, we got to help some of our apartment neighbors to move a bunch of stuff out of a U-Haul and into their garage, which was fun! It was kinda cold, but we were working, so I wasn't particularly frozen. XD
The rest of the day... to spare the details, we had some fun experiences, and needless to say, we didn't get a whole lot done after that. Although we definitely laughed a crap ton. XD This week was a week of laughing for sure.
Church on Sunday was good! Our friend Bob came, he's always there, he's awesome, and we got to talk to him a bit. We went to relief society, and afterwards, we got to talk to Sister Cook again! They're moving soon, which is sUPER sad. We love her forever, and everytime we talk to her, we end up laughing our heads off. This time, the Hmong Elders were there as well, so they got to be privy to our chaos XD ...Not sure how much they enjoyed that XD. They were laughing... not sure whether or not it was at or with us, but that's okay XDXDXD.
Covid has boomed over the holidays, so the mission president has invited us to have 0 unmasked interactions with anyone we don't live with. We had a dinner planned with a family in the ward for Sunday, and we had to cancel on them. We still shared a message with them, and they sent us home with food which was super sweet. ❤ Unfortunately, we forgot to text them that we were coming, so they totally forgot we were going to even be there *face palm*.
So! We shared with them a message, and then chilled and played a card game as they prepared food. We said they didn't have to worry about it and we should probably not take any more of their time, but they insisted. We love members ❤. It was really good food too! It was steak and potatoes, and it was delicious!!
Funniest part is now that I think about it, my family back home (NO SHAME I PROMISE) has definitely made missionaries wait while we finished making food. That's not too big a deal, but now that I'm on the other side of it, it's so different!! I'm sure the missionaries enjoyed having members to talk to and hang out with, (I certainly did) but it's way different being the missionary with a schedule to keep XD
And then last night!! We found out who was being transferred! The only person leaving from our district is our district leader Elder Largey, which is sAD, but he's gunna do great in his new area. We have one or two others from the zone who are leaving, and we have a couple extra new people and stuff. Good times! Definitely going to miss the missionaries who are leaving tho!
Extra stuff that happened this week!
I have been dubbed as the district seamstress XD. I have sewn up a hole in one Elder's pants, fixed a hem on another, and I'm receiving another pair of pants to fix a hem on now that the news has gotten out that I know how to sew XD. One of the Elders who is transferring had a pair of pants I was going to fix as well, but he's leaving tomorrow and I don't think he has time for me to before then XD.
My absolutely aMAZING mother has sent me a Kalimba!! Which is an instrument I have been dYING to own and learn, and I now have one as my singular instrument I'm allowed XD. It's totally awesome, and I will include a video of me playing it! (No! My comp isn't annoyed by my practice, why do you ask? XD) I have been playing during off times only! Don't worry, I'm still focused on the work!
I have also decided to paint the watterbottle I bought at the MTC because the color was boring. (Again, only during off hours) the only picture I have of it before is... fun, but I'll include a before and current WIP [Work in Progress] pic.
Our district continued our "Most Likely to-" polls, and the amount of finger pointing going on is absolutely hysterical. XD We had to keep it up for the last week of the transfer obviously!
I think that's about it, but this week was fantastic!
I love you all! Thanks for reading my emails!
Love
Sister Lovell
Link to the photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH8UuZNVov71FYot7
Link to the blog:
https://sisterhannahlovellwisconsin.blogspot.com/
Sister Lovell
Link to the photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH8UuZNVov71FYot7
Link to the blog:
https://sisterhannahlovellwisconsin.blogspot.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment