No I'm not getting married. I'm getting transferred!! That's why this is coming out Tuesday instead of yesterday. If you wanna know where I'm going you're going to have to read my email XD XP
Monday
We had a district pday!! We first played some card and board games at the church building and had the net up to play some pickle ball. After that we went to a Hmong restaurant and had Pho (pronounced fuh). It was definitely interesting, but hey it was pretty good, and I got to use chopsticks, so I wasn't complaining. XD (Note to self, tri colored tapioca drinks are pretty okay in flavor, but mildly concerning in texture. Having a bunch of slimy pearls come hurling into your mouth through a straw isn't my definition of a good time haha)
After having Pho, we went back to the church building to play spikeball, but the entire rest of the zone was at the church building. I had them all sign the card I made for Elder Gordon who was the Elder that got ET'd (Emergency Transferred), and almost all of us tried eating these Thai peppers the Hmong Elders brought. Yes there's a video XD. Long story short, they were spicy. I had a half gallon of milk I brought in from the car, and it was gone in like... within a minute. Everyone was like PASS THE MILK!!! Ha. And they teased me for having it. Punks XD.
Anyways! After that we left the church building to go bowling!! It took us a hot minute to find the place because we were following the Elders, and you'd think they'd be chiller of drivers with Tiwi in there, but nah. We ran a just-barely-turned-red-while-in-the-intersection light because of it, and got left at another point. Pfft, Elders XD. Eventually we made our way to the bowling alley, and we had an awesome time. It felt a bit strange just because like... I am a missionary, and I'm going bowling in Wisconsin with a bunch of people I didn't know existed 3 months ago. WACK it's been that long. Wow. Anyways, tiny existential crisis there, but bowling was fun!! I... may or may not have done the thing.... the thing in Wii bowling when you accidentally throw the ball backwards?? Yeah.... At least Elder Beals humored me and jumped up and spun around. XD it's always me that does that, but at least it's a good way to get people to laugh.
After bowling we headed out back to the apartment. I had like... .2 seconds to write people emails before pday ended, and somehow managed. XD Speaking of, I'm sorry if last week's email wasn't your style, but as you can see, I was very limited on time, so I worked with what I had. Actually, I have even less time this week, I'm just starting a lot earlier.
Anywho! Tuesday!!
We had in person District Council again this week!! I handed out the duplicates of the cards I made, and I was sUPREMELY stressed out about it. I couldn't completely tell you why. I think part of is was that I like all the things I make to be perfect, and I wasn't able to color the whole card for everyone, only the individual person who it was for. I also didn't write anything in them or anything, they're just blank cards that are partially colored. Idk. Everyone thought they were cool, I'm just particularly stressed because transfers are this week and I'm kind-of stressed about them. This will definitely be one of the hardest times in my mission. Leaving my first zone, and watching them leave if I don't.
ANYWAYS!! District council was fire!! We set some really good goals, and we have thus far in the week surpassed them already!! At least our area has. It was pretty awesome. :)
We went out for tacos at the dollar taco place by the church, and those were some pretty amazing tacos ngl. I also got ice-cream, so I was just living it up out here. XD
After district council, we had several planned lessons which mostly fell through. However!! We ended up having a lesson that wasn't planned, but was much appreciated by both parties!!
We had dinner with a member family, and they live way out in the country. It's a half hour drive to get there, and it was the best!! It was already dark, so we were jamming out to music while cruising down the back country roads. There were some HILLS!! ....I miss the mountains. I get overly excited when there's even the smallest bit of variation in elevation. XD that's okay. I'll be back in Idaho one day, and then I can smile at the mountains again.
The dinner was really good! It was a Korean dish, which I was pretty excited about! (Note to self: I still don't like hard boiled OR soft boiled eggs.) Other than that, it was really good!! The family is hosting a med student who is studying in the area, and all three of them served their missions in California. (The family and the student.) My trainer is from California, so I was just vibing like, "😁 haha I've never even been to California..." ah well. I heard some fun stories XD.
The drive home was epic yet again! Driving at night is the freaking best ever.
Wednesday!
Wednesday was the weirdest day ever. We started off with Zone yoga led by (total yogi ((not))) Elder Gordon, and it was absolutely hilarious. AFTER zone yoga we commandeered the call and led zone little circles, which if you don't know what that is, it's a four minute torture arm workout. However, as Sister McGary and I have been doing it nearly daily throughout all of training, it is no longer torture, just fun. So we led the zone in this workout right after yoga, and everyone was dying. It was very entertaining, and we actually did it twice because we said we had before, and they said "bet", so... we did it again. XD everyone else was sO dead, but Sister McGary and I were chilling. Hard-core vibing ngl. XD
Anyways, we did service at the Sieber's again. I still know zero about computer parts, but there I was, taking things apart and trying not to break anything. XD (I didn't) the other sisters got to rip up a floor which sounds like fun. We also were carrying a shelf they ripped out of the wall to their trash trailer out back, and the grass was covered in icy snow. Not a good sign. But we were walking around their side building towards the trailer, and Sister McGary totally biffed it on the ice. No one saw her go down, but I turn around because I feel the other half of the shelf drop, and she's on the ground. I asked her if she was okay, of course, and then carried the shelf the rest of the way and yeeted it into the trailer. As we were walking back to the house, the Hmong Elders showed up, but they were on exchanges, so one of the ZLs was there. Luckily they didn't see her go down, but she was a tad bit embarrassed. 😬
For all y'all readers there, if I had an embarrassing story about me to tell, I would. I'm not dissing on my trainer, okay. She's the best; it was just very painful in the moment and hilarious later. XD Highlight of our week was Wednesday. Oh yeah. It gets worse. XD
So later, we had a visit from the Senior office missionaries, which was not a part of the "worse" thing; it was the best ever. Elder and Sister Ellis are sweethearts, and I adore them. Elder Ellis fixed our shaky table, and he was very proud of himself. XD They came over to inspect our apartment and make sure everything was still working. Luckily, we didn't clean on pday, so we had quickly do it right before they showed up. Classic teenagers. XD
After the Ellises headed out, we had a pass off lesson with the Elders in Bad Axe Michigan! It went really well which is awesome! It's cool to see other missionaries teaching styles and to take notes from them. :)
The funniest part of this day was the youth activity. The young men were in charge and refused to tell anyone what the plan was. We showed up and it was childhood games. Duck duck goose, tag, etc. At least that's what they said at first. We played neither of those games. XD We played musical chairs, and somehow I ended up on the floor twice. Twice because I recovered the first time and still got a chair. I got out the second time XD. That was a fun game, except for the fact that musical chairs requires music. Imagine dragons doesn't quite fit the "missionary approved songs" list... we just vibed anyways.
The second activity was something called mad scientist or something. Let me tell you, if you want to break your ankle, your zipper, or the rules, this is a gREAT game for you. XD Basically, as the game goes, you have a team of several people, and you all have to get across the room with only so many limbs touching the floor. The first round was 8 feet, which was pretty okay, just hopping on one foot and some piggy backs. The second round was 4 feet and 4 hands. At this point I was regretting changing out of my slacks. As you can guess, the rest of the game went concerningly even up to the last round. The last round was 4 feet and 6 backs. Aka a lot of being dragged across the floor. One of the other sisters actually broke her zipper while being dragged across the floor by a ZL, because if you remember, they were still on exchanges. All around a good time. XD (Don't worry, I was able to fix her zipper. Part of my job as zone seamstress I guess XD)
But yeah!! There was a lot more to the reason this was so funny, but that is something that is very hard to articulate over an email, especially without concerning people further. Maybe ask me later. Like in 5 years when the effects of this are either no longer valid, or extremely valid. That was very vague, and it was supposed to be. No, it isn't me. That is all.
MOVING ON!! We had a really fun zone devo that night. One of the missionaries from The Saratov Approach was one of the Elder's Mission Prep teacher, so he had permission to tell us his story and give us some advice. (If you are not familiar, they were missionaries who got kidnapped in Russia.) It was incredible!! He talks a lot, tho, so I had to hop on the mission-wide call that was happening with President where he was announcing something big with my headphones on so we could get that news as well.
The news from President is that we are having a mission-wide, IN PERSON, devotional with Elder Rasband, Sister Eubank, the area president, and another couple people, I think. All super crazy!! We are super excited! The thing I am most excited about is getting to see some missionaries in person again even if we get transferred to different places. :) Transfers do be scary tho.
That was about the end of Wednesday; the only other thing is that we drove home later than we really ever had before. Not quite past curfew, but really quite close. Breaking all the rules that day. Sheesh. XD mostly not by choice, but that's okay. We can repent and be better tomorrow. (We were, and still can be)
Thursday!!
Thursday was mostly uneventful except for we had a member meal and several lessons. A few lessons cancelled, as they do, but that's alright XD. The member meal was awesome tho! It was with one of my favorite member families, and y'all will never guess what they fed us! Salmon! Don't tell my dad, but it was actually pretty bomb. He might get ideas XD. They also had asparagus as the vegetable, which was also really good. A mission really is a time to try new things. XD
Friday
We had several lessons that day, and we spent a lot of time working on our [Facebook] page's live event. It took forever, and by the end of it (Sunday morning) we were rather tired of phones. XD We also had our last lesson with Sister Doucette! It went really well! I was in charge of teaching, and it went well in spite of it, so there a good sign XD. We also had a technology meeting that day, which was really good.
Saturday!
Saturday was a crazy busy day. This week was crazy busy, goodness sakes. We had a call with with District Leader, a Facebook council meeting, several lessons, plus we found a few people.
Sunday!
Church was amazing as usual! Half the zone was there before church for whatever reason, so I had them all sign my card. I still have a couple of people to snag before we take off tomorrow, but they will likely be at the stake center with us anyways. The speakers in Sacrament meeting were really good, and we had 2 of our friends come to church! We had correlation right after church which was pretty good as well! Our ward mission leaders are amazing. I'm going to miss them for sure.
I did NOT get an email Sunday, no matter how desperately I wanted to, that would inform me that I would be training. Tis okay, I am an emotional rock; I can take it XD. My predecessors' bloodline tradition of training out of training ended with me, but maybe I'll train soon elsewhere. Imma mISS Green Bay tho! Ngl I got really attached.
Our [Facebook] Live was also that evening, and it went well! Y'all should check it out! It was a good finding technique as well, which is great!
Monday!
We had a district council Monday morning, and as we hopped on, all of the sudden we noticed everyone else in the zone, not just the district, was also on. We were very confused. It turned out that the three district leaders decided to do a Zone testimony meeting for our last district council together. Everyone in the zone came in when I got here, only four people were there before that, and there are 20-22 of us, so we knew something was going to happen. But anyways, we got out of that meeting kind-of sad. But tHEN!! We went back to work! No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing! So we can't give up now!!
We drove out to Kewaunee after that, which is like a 45 minute drive, which I very much enjoyed. We went to help one of the Sisters in the ward work on their house. They just moved in and are still getting things situated. We cleaned the walls and moved some boxes and stuff. It was awesome! She actually knows my friend Darcie, because she was companions with her on her mission!! Darcie! If you read this! You should know she said hi!! (And me lol)
We stopped by some other people's places out in Kewaunee because we don't often get over there. When we went to one house, we noticed that LAKE MICHIGAN WAS RIGHT THERE!!! so we went to the lake right after that. It was very cold. Very. Cold. But hey! It was so worth it; water is the best ever!
We drove by a few more stops and then headed home. As we were getting close the foretold bad storm was beginning. It was very windy and super foggy. We were happy to be home when we were. XD
Last night we found out about transfers. I was not suspecting this exactly, but to a point I guessed. Sister Hoki is staying (I guessed that), they are closing my area (Also guessed that), Sister McGary is going to Madison (guessed a while ago, and I'm not really surprised), Sister Williamson is leaving (100% guessed), and I am leaving (total shock there, I had exactly zero idea on that one).
I am going to PlattevilleSister McGary is going to Madison YSA as a STLSister Williamson is going to Adam's-FriendshipSister Hoki stays, takes over the area, and gets her new comp from Escanaba!
Craziness! I think my favorite thing is that Sister McGary is going to be my STL in our new zone. Also, Elder Graper (ZL) is in the same city as we are, not zone, but will be at our Zone conferences as they always combine the Madison zones.
Transfers are crazy! I'm super excited, but I also had to pack last night and this morning, so I apologize for the later email.
I think that's about all that happened, today's plans are pack, do laundry, pack, and go to one last member meal (And pack). I'll update y'all next week for sure! I love y'all, and I hope you have an amazing week wherever you are!!
We can do this!
¡Sí se puede!
Peb Yeej Ua Tau!
Love
Sister Lovell
Link to the photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH8UuZNVov71FYot7
Link to the blog:
https://sisterhannahlovellwisconsin.blogspot.com/
¡Sí se puede!
Peb Yeej Ua Tau!
Love
Sister Lovell
Link to the photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH8UuZNVov71FYot7
Link to the blog:
https://sisterhannahlovellwisconsin.blogspot.com/
1) "Zone pday" video of us eating Thai peppers. (Very hot) x2
Thai Pepper video x2
| 2) District pday bowling |
| 3) Fully colored Zone card |
| 4) Sticky notes of frustration |
| 5) District pday bowling ft. mildly terrifying lighting |
| 6) CDC 2.0 again |
| 7) Made President and Sister Murphy a card |
| 8) Found new ways to communicate x2 |
| new ways to communicate x2 |
| 9) The Sass is strong with this one |
| 10) Two can play at that game |
| 11) Ya girl FINALLY got Culver's after being in Wisconsin for nearly months |
12) Elder Beals as the latest meme (video)
| 13) Lake Michigan!! |
Please let me know if google photos doesn't appear to have any new photos because idk if it'll load because there are 3 videos in there this week. 100% give them a watch if they show up. 10/10 peak humor XD
No comments:
Post a Comment