Why hello folks!! It is I, your good friend, Sister Lovell, back at it again with news of another week in Wisconsin!!
Monday!
Guess who actually got to watch her favorite show!!! Woohoo!! The only unfortunate thing was that pday ended 2 minutes before the second episode ended, so I had to wait a week to finish it XD. It's okay. This week went by super quickly anyways.
As far as other events on Monday, an extremely generous family took us to Costco and paid for our groceries this week! Not only my companion and I's groceries, but also the other two Sisters' in our quad, as wELL as the Hmong Elders' groceries!! None of us got a good look at the receipt, but I'm sure it was a lot. She informed us when we started, that if our carts weren't full by the time we got to check out, she would just start adding things to it. It was super sweet of them, and I honestly didn't even know how to thank them enough. They have both of their two sons out on missions right now as well, and they're just incredibly kind to the missionaries. We love them. ♡
From that shopping endeavor, I obtained my milk, and my cheese, and that was about it for me XD. I was eyeing the ice-cream at one point, but I decided against it. XD ...Yes I'm a big fan of dairy.
We were extremely grateful for this family and their willingness to do this especially because we didn't get paid for groceries until the day after, so I would have had to buy groceries with $4.02, and my comp with $0.56... yep XD without the kindness of this family, I woulda been using my personal card.
Tuesday was CDC!! This means Combined District Council if y'all don't remember that one haha. We set goals for the month and how many of God's children we want to find and bring to church on average weekly, as well as how many people we want to be on Baptismal date and actually baptized this month. The numbers are high, especially for weekly I think, but I know we can do it! We have the Lord on our side. :) And with Him, anything is possible. We exCEEDED our nearly as high goals last month, so as we continue to work hard we can continue to see those miracles.
After CDC we filmed the [Facebook Live video] that goes up on the 10th (not the 8th, my bad). It was quite the riot, y'all'll have to watch it when it goes up, it should be totally bomb ngl [not gonna lie]. We're still in the editing process, but we're nearly done!! Just doing last minute touch ups with the tunes and stuff. :)
After that, I got to dRIVE for the first time in like 3 months!! I was going to have to drive us to a lesson the next day as we were going on exchanges and I was leading the area, so I asked if I could drive around in the parking lot before I had to drive on the road the next day. They said, "Sure! Might as well drive us to lunch while you're at it!! You're a good driver, right?" Queue me panicking. Yes, yes I'm a good driver. We got there safely, and I didn't even get a "check your speed". XD
We got Qdoba which was pretty bomb, and then Sister Hoki drove us to a service project we were going to! It was very weird being in a restaurant in jeans again... we actually saw Elder Beals and Elder Steele there as well! They were just leaving as we got in line! Haha that was pretty fun!! Anyways, we met the Hmong Elders at this family's house, and we helped them move some stuff up and down stairs, and did some cleaning etc. They're fixing up their house which is hard cause it's winter out. We're going over again on Wednesday this week to help more!!
After tHAT we went back home and changed into proselytizing clothes and started exchanges!! I was comps with Sister Williamson for a day which was pretty awesome!! We were, contrary to popular belief, able to get some stuff done!! We had a really great lesson with one of our friends who is on date [to be baptized], but he has to be passed off because he lives in Michigan. :( Idk if I've explained his story before, but essentially we kept teaching him because his fiancé lives in our ward; she's a recent convert herself of three years, but now that he's on date, for March 13th no less, we had to transfer him. :( We will miss him for sure!!!
Wednesday!!
We were still on exchanges, and this was the day that I would have to drive to a lesson!! I was super excited!! ...but then she cancelled. :( Unfortunate. We moved on with our day, and in the middle of contacting, one of the other recent converts from this last year called us and asked if we could help her do some stuff at her apartment! She recently broke her arm, so she's not able to do a whole lot. So I still got to drive!! I seriously miss driving. It was the best thing ever, and I really hope I'm the driver in my next companionship. (One comp is the driver, and the other has the SIM card so they can use the phone while we're driving places. Using my phone in the car for extended periods of time makes me sick to my stomach, so we don't do a whole lot of phone work in the car.)
Speaking of cars, when we were driving there, Someone was riding my tail pretty tight. Which I can't do ANYTHING ABOUT because we have Tiwi which keeps us at the speed limit. Eventually they passed us, but in the moment I was like, "wHY ARE THEY TAILING ME!!! JUST PASS ME IF YOU WANNA!!!" and Sister Williamson was like, "No road rage!! Be Kind!!!" so instead I went, "DO YOU WANT A BOOK OF MORMON?!?!?!" as they passed us, and we both died laughing XDXD.
As we headed home, we decided to stop and take a picture with Shelley the Dino friend with a cheese hat, and it was aWESOME!! (Picture of course included) We'd been dying to get a picture with the Dino for a long time, we had just never been able to because we were always in a rush. But we had a second, (we were on our lunch by then) so we decided to finally go for it!! Woohoo!!
Anyways, when we got home the other sisters took off pretty immediately with the car. They decided to go back and help the members with their service project again. We had a lesson, so we couldn't. The lesson ended up getting cancelled... but ah well. We got in some study time. XD
The rest of the exchange was pretty great!! Sister Williamson and I are a vibe and a half!! It's definitely a good time XD
We also went to mutual again, which is always fun!! The Young Women were decorating cupcakes in the younger class, and doing a heart attack on someone's door for the older class. I got to go with the older class with Sister McGary! Poor Elders couldn't stay because the young men were playing Smash Bros [video game] XD. Strong Elders right there. Elder Yang said it was his favorite game too.
Thursday!!
Thursday was actually pretty normal. XD We did some weekly planning and admin stuff, but other than that, not much XD
I guess we had ONE exciting thing on Thursday; we had our final pass off lesson with Cody!! It was a really good lesson. We talked about Fasting because it was fast Sunday yesterday, and the Escanaba sisters taught him about how to donate tithes and offerings.
Friday!
Friday was the best day! Nothing particularly exciting happened until we went to Sister Doucette's for Come Follow Me again. We had the lesson as usual, but afterwards we celebrate with her for her anniversary!! We brought Martinelli sparkling grape juice stuff, which was super good! Only problem was, at that time we weren't allowed to have unmasked interactions still, so we had to use straws to go through our masks XD. It's a good thing I bought straws a couple of weeks back!!! (for.... no... particular reason.... 👀) Sister Doucette said she enjoyed seeing our more giggly side, because we were all dying of laughter while trying to figure out how to drink while wearing a mask.
Haha!! That reminds me of another time that I do not remember whether or not I wrote about!! We had just finished receiving a blessing from the ZLs, and Sister Williamson always gives us mints afterwards. This particular time, I went to pop the mint into my mouth, and.... well... I was still wearing my mask you see, so..... yeah it didn't go so well XD. It got some good laughs tho!! Almost everyone saw it XD.
Saturday!!
We went over to Theresa's again to help her clean the floors. We mopped, swept, and vacuumed and shared a message with her at the end. She is hilarious and is always so grateful that we are able to come over. Funny story with her: she calls Sister McGary "Sister Sarah" (which is her first name), but she calls me Sister Lovell still. She asked me my first name once, but I think she forgot it. Occasionally she just calls me "Lovell", but I am okay with that XD. I think it might be a little off-putting to be called by my first name now.
We also were informed about two hours beforehand that we were having interviews with President Murphy that day, so we ended up having to cancel an appointment with a member. Which was sad, but we go over there usually at least once every couple weeks, so it's alright. Interviews were awesome tho!! We love President and Sister Murphy!!
Sunday!!
Sunday was good as well!! It was fast Sunday, and we had a district prayer that morning to fast for all of our friends. It was pretty cool, and our district is kind of like our mission family. I was blessed to be in the district and zone that I am in for my first area. "Best zone ever in the history of the universe!!" -Elder Graper
Church was amazing as usual, and we had someone there that we didn't expect to be!! She called us right before church to let us know she would be there!! We were very excited!!! :D
Monday!!!!
Today has been pretty great!! We got up and got ready for the day and got out of the apartment asap, so we could get our shopping done and go to Texas Roadhouse for lunch!!! ...Unfortunately, Texas Roadhouse doesn't open until 3:30, so it still isn't open. ...unfortunate. But luckily!!! We found this really cute restaurant called "Not by Bread Alone" which is SO GOOD!! It vibed with Zupas but with a much wider menu. It was as if Zupas and Café De Coco had a child (for those of you who know what both of those are, haha. If not, it's just a really cute café thing.) I got a Meatloaf Sandwich, Lasagna soup, a berry smoothie, and a slice of valentines day cake. It was delicious. 10/10 would totally recommend.
After lunch we headed to the church which is where we are right now!! Practically half of the zone is here, which was super fun. Not.... technically allowed??? Yes, if certain rules are followed, which they mostly were.... essentially we fled to the computer room so as to not unnecessarily break any rules. And so here I am writing my email!! Hopefully I will get to at least finish the episode of my favorite show from last week, but we shall see I suppose, haha.
Anywho!! That was my week!! I hope y'all're having a fabulous Monday and that you're all doing well!!
We can do this!
¡Sí se puede!
Peb Yeej Ua Tau!
Love
Sister Lovell
Link to the photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH8UuZNVov71FYot7
Link to the blog:
https://sisterhannahlovellwisconsin.blogspot.com/
Sister Lovell
Link to the photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH8UuZNVov71FYot7
Link to the blog:
https://sisterhannahlovellwisconsin.blogspot.com/
| 1) Cover photo for our [Facebook] live that goes up on Thursday! |
| 2) Sunset featuring Christmas light reflections |
| 3) Meet my good friend Shelley the Dino with her cheese hat!! |
| 4) TINY Cheesecake!! |
| 5) Elder Lee being a meme |
| 6) The quad with Sister Doucette!! |
| 7) Masks are required... straws to the rescue!! |
| 8) Zone yoga with yogi Sister Young!! (she leaves this week!!!!! T.T ((Tahiti her OG assignment))) |
| 9) People in Hazmat suits... what are they doing?? |
| 10) Meatloaf Sandwich, Lasagna soup, a berry smoothie, & a slice of valentines day cake from "Not By Bread Alone" |
No comments:
Post a Comment