Monday, March 14, 2022

On Top of the World!! (Or at least the mound)

Why hello again my dearest friends and family!! This week felt like it didn't happen, so we'll see how long this email actually ends up being. Knowing me, long. XD

Monday last week was fuego!! My comp and I got to join in a pass-off lesson with Elder @Elijah Valle and his comps in Arizona for someone who moved to Wisconsin from their area. It was a totally epic lesson, and she is so elect!! Plus her OG [original] Baptismal date is on my B-day, so that was fantastic! Thanks to you Elder Valle for letting us be a part of her journey!!

Tuesday!

We had DC [District Council]! Which means we got to go back to the masonic lodge again!! We took some more fun pictures which will of course be included in the album. Our district is pretty awesome! So is our zone. But unfortunately I don't know like 4 of the elders still, so...? Hopefully I'll get to know them better before transfers which for some dumb reason are stupid close?? Anyways, we had a great time discussing goals and getting to know each other better. We went out to lunch at a super cute café which y'all will never guess what it's called! It's called!! Drumroll pleaseeee!! ... It's called Café. XD Good times :D

We got to go to a member's house for dinner which was the best!! Any time we go over to a member's house we literally appreciate it so much!! It's such a mood lifter. This particular family is our new favorite. They're so fun, and they remind me of my family. We very much enjoy being over there.

We.... also had a good old time with laundry. We found out on Monday that our [apartment complex] washer downstairs can't do a whole load of laundry. Only teeny batches. So we ended up going to a member's place to do it, which was super embarrassing, but we had a great chat while we were there. Laundry will now be done in teeny loads if anyone was wondering. You live and you learn I guess. XD

Wednesday!!

The only really exciting thing that happened on Wednesday was that we got a call from the STLs! They asked me to make a card for someone; I will share the picture next week because the recipient will have it by then. It's pretty awesome tho! It's a picture of the zone, which is kinda my speciality now, I guess XD. I'm just the card person. The singing, drawing, piano and kalimba playing, seamstress, card person. ...I do a lot 😅 it's a bopping time tho; I enjoy myself.

Thursday  

We had a walk planned, and we heart-attacked the Branch President at the beginning, but we got caught. 😅🤣 They welcomed us in and we talked for a bit, so our walk got cancelled. Just a walk across the street and back. Lol again, it was awesome tho.

We've actually been going on walks every day this week! One of the days it was 4°F out. ...it was cold. Today and yesterday have been like 50° ish tho, which is insane!! It's literally so hot. C'mon, I wanted to go somewhere cold, man! Not somewhere warm 😆. Lol jkjk. It's actually super nice. We love it.

We had another member meal that evening with the Relief Society missionary representative, and we went over the branch list. We now know kinda where members are at and how we can help them which is awesome!! It feels like we have like 0 time tho, so we will see. I would like to be here another transfer so we can make sure to get stuff done. There's so much to do, and 6 weeks is nOT a long time especially when you have three landmarks each week. 

What I mean by that is, missionaries measure weeks by three days:

Wednesday-Wednesday because of transfers. This Wednesday I will have been in Platteville for 4 Wednesdays or 3 whole weeks.

Monday-Monday because of pdays, and being able to do what would be a regular person's Saturday routine that day, and getting to call home.

Sunday-Sunday like a regular person because Sunday marks a new week.

So as you can see, missionary weeks literally fLY BY, and there is so stinking much to do it's insane.

Anyways, mini mission ed lesson over, now it's time for:

Friday!!

We had a call with the STLs again, and we came up with ideas of things to post on our fb [Facebook] pages! I have a massive list now, so y'all better buckle your seat belts; I don't do normal. >:D muahahahaha! Lol jkjk they're just really fun, and I'm sO pumped to start working on them. :D

We also watched a vERY entertaining Live event from one of the missionary fb pages where Elders let the comment section decide what went on their pizzas. XD it was very entertaining to watch and be a part of!

Saturday

Goodness sakes I don't remember hardly anything that went on this week. Believe it or not, this is only a tiny portion of what went on; I'm just really good at reaching a high word count.

Areabook (our calendar/planner ((among other things)) app) told me we had a District leader call that day. I barely remember what went on in that call except that I showed them the card the STLs asked me to draw, because they were a part of that planning to ask me. They were pretty pumped, and understandably, so was I! 

We also went for yet another walk, but this time with a secret mission!!! 🤫 We heart-attacked an inactive member's door! (...we like heart-attacking people. It's cute and fun!) They actually sent us a text yesterday saying thank you. :) it was pretty fun. The weather has been much nicer the past couple days than the aforementioned 4° from like Tuesday or whenever haha.

Sunday!!

Church was good! We went to young women's this week instead of Relief Society, and y'all already know I was thrilled. It was awesome! I miss young women's. 

The only other notable thing that happened yesterday was that we had a member meal!! I know! So many!! It was awesome!! We walked over because it was gORGEOUS outside. However, because of daylight savings, dinner wasn't quite ready yet. Which that was totally fine! We ended up playing Apples to Apples with their kids, which was a lot of fun. :) We didn't have time after dinner to do our OG game plan lesson, so we did a shorter version, and we will do the fun lesson if we go over another time. :D (We want to be known as the fun missionaries, not the boring ones!!)

I guess one more thing, we tried to get on the mission prayer call, but it wOULD NOT LET US IN!! It was so sad. We were a couple minutes late for various reasons, but we usually are let in within seconds! Not several minutes! We never got in, and we gave up when the district called for our nightly district call. 

Today!

This morning we went for a really fun sunrise hike! It was decently cold, bit we didn't even bring our coats on the hike. We left them in the car. Also, I use the term "hike" very loosely, as it was a staircase that was excruciatingly steep, and very painfully long. I would have preferred a hike. It was also just to the top of the Platteville "M" Mound. What the M stands for, I have no idea, but it was fun either way 😆. We got some fun pictures!

We also got Shamrock shakes because it's my B-day this week, and they're 2 bucks. Why not. Cause they're a lot of sugar, that's why not XD. But either way, it was delicious. 

That's about it for this week!! I hope y'all had a fabulous last week, and that your this week will be even better!! I love you's!!


We can do this!
¡Sí se puede!
Peb Yeej Ua Tau!

Love
Sister Lovell

Link to the photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH8UuZNVov71FYot7

Link to the blog:
https://sisterhannahlovellwisconsin.blogspot.com/


1) When you run out of things to say, just add puns

2) Elder Shipley being sus👀

3) The district in the creepy leaky cellar at the lodge

4) The peeps at Café

5) Elder Shipley calling me out on my slack

6) Yo... Elder, you're nOT alone

7) Me and the comp at the church building
8) The great "M"

9) Sunrise!!

10) Okay... so maybe Platteville IS Flatville

11) Me with the horizon

12) Us with the M!

13) The comp and I!

14) Sister Hollingsworth being a cutie x2

14) Sister Hollingsworth being a cutie x2

15) Me with the M x2

15) Me with the M x2

No comments:

Post a Comment