Hello my favorite friends and family!! It is I your favorite missionary, here to spread the news that I am officially old! Not actually, but I feel like it. I can now say with 100% honesty that I am 20 years old. I am in my 20s. Now tHAT. Is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Hard-core beats out "I'll be in Wisconsin next Sunday" from 3 months ago. I'll be in Wisconsin next Sunday Sunday another entire year plus some. XD Anyways, So yeah. I'm 20. It's a party. Not that I had one ππ€£
This week was PACKED!! Monday last week was pretty chill, but we even had a member meal that night, and we barely made it on time because pday. Crazy!! They were awesome tho! Super fun!!
Tuesday
We helped set up for the relief society dinner that was happening Thursday night that morning. It was a lot of fun, and we got to help set up the photo booth!
After we went home and had lunch we took off again to drive around our entire area and drop off invitations to less actives and some of our past investigators. It was sUCH a party, and we got to see many cows π (thought of you Sister McGary!) And lotsa πΆ country roads πΆ . We got to jam out to tunes with our windows down, and I'm sure we converted all the people who we drove past while jamming to our tabernacle choir, EFY, or occasion Disney tunes. XD it was so nice that day. We drove like 106 miles and it took us all afternoon. We barely got home for dinner.
Wednesday!!
Wednesday was Zone Conference!! It was fantastic!! We had to leave at like 7:45 even tho we were supposed to be there at 9:30, because we live mega far away from Madison. We also had to get a car wash on the way there, at which the line was long, and the vacuums were broken. But we'll come back to that.
The conference itself was absolutely amazing!! We got to hear from President Murphy about temples and making our homes a temple like place. Sister Murphy talked about personal revelation and following the first prompting. The APs talked about how there is power in the message we share, and we can't be shy about it!! Be bold!! They shared a lot of scriptures it was fantastic!!
Halfway through, we got to have lUNCH!!! they haven't had in person zone conference lunches, for eons! But with the not required masks and more lax rules for covid, we could do it!! It was awesome. :) We had walking tacos, and they were amazing. (Ya girl got her sour cream π)
After that we did Dominating Preach My Gospel again! I almost got out on the first question, but prez stated it wrong, so he thought I was the only one who got it right, but then we just restarted, cause he messed it up XD I was so close to both winning aND losing on the first question. It was iNSANE. At least I know that I think like President!!
Next we heard from the Ellises (housing and car coordinators) and by some miracle or mistake, WE WON THE GOLDEN PLATES!! Basically what that means is we had the cleanest car, the air pressure was good in our tires, our mile log was best filled out, etc.... idk something like that. But we strongly disagreed, and we asked Elder Ellis about it. We still think he got it wrong because our car wasn't vacuumed, and we had another thing missing. Both kinda big deals, and both had written notes on our paper in our car where they graded us. Idk man.
We literally pulled into the parking lot with with wet car!! It felt like when you're running late for class and you show up with your hair half wet and half done, your shirt on backwards, and your shoes on the wrong feet. We still have imposter syndrome. I think he just said the wrong name. π¬π
but anyways, we have the gift cards from it! Not the actual Golden plates on our car tho..... (license plate covers that say the golden plates) yet aNOTHER reason we are highly doubtful. Anyways, next zone conference we're going to earn it.
Anyways, the rest of zone conference was epic!! We love zone conference; you're always so hYPED to be a missionary afterwards!! Lol although I'm usually pretty hyped about that anyways. XD
After conference, I had all the peeps in our zone who were still there sign a card for the Lamarcas! I'm giving it to them today, and it will be included in my email this week. It's the one I drew last week, but said I'd share this week. I also got to talk to Sister Murphy for a bit, and she is the literal sweetest ever. I love and adore her.
Also! My new bag arrived in the mail from my amazing parents!! They are getting very good at guessing what my reactions to their texts mean, and somehow were able to know which size and color I wanted based on that. Y'all rock. ❤ while peeps were signing the card, I got to try and fit all my crap from my old bag into my new one!! I will include pictures of both bags as well. I had a mental crisis because everything I own is a share of red, and both bags were as well. Thats what I wanted, but I just.... it's always red π. I guess that just means I have a favorite color. (Legit any shade of red.)
Anyways, after we eventually left, we went back to the STLs apartment in Madison because we were doing exchanges!! Rather splits that is, we all stayed there because Platteville is hecka far, and miles... we're trying to keep them low. It was fantastic! Sister McGary is one of the STLs, so it was like old times! Living in a quad in a teeny apartment! Although, this one was smaller. It was a one room (sides the bathroom of course) with a loft for the bedroom. I slept on the floor downstairs because I insisted. Sister Hinton slept on their couch cushions also on the floor. I didn't sleep like a rock, but I still slept.
The next day, we did studies, and then went to lunch before parting ways. And guess wHAT!! only a few of you will understand the importance of this, but I got to eat at zUPAS!!!!! I of course got my regular, (strawberry harvest, no nuts, extra strawberries, a pesto chicken sandwhich, a salted caramel crème brûle, and the orange berry drink) it was inCREDIBLE!!! I miss Zupas. That is good food right there. 10/10would recommend.
Then we drove home! It was a bopping drive. Drives are the best. When we got home we got ready to go to the RS Dinner! I swear we didn't eat dinner at home this entire week. It was insane! It was also St. Patrick's day!! I didn't pack any green on exchanges, π€¦πΌ♀️ so I changed as soon as I got home. Lucky for me, the only person who pinched me was my lovely comp. XD tis how it goes. It's alright, I threw a squishy toy avocado at her later. (Which she then threw back ππ€£ )
The dinner was fantastic!! They had beef sTEW!! IT WAS EPIC!! it tasted not quite like the one we have at home, but it was incredible all the same! (At home we affectionately refer to it as carrot stew, or just stew, which is why I wasn't sure what it was XD) They also had other things; I just really liked the beef stew. XD
Friday
Friday was a pretty normal missionary day. Only exciting thing is we street contacted at the gas station across the street.
Saturday
For those of y'all who aren't already aware, Saturday was my 20th birthday!! I am now aged. Very strange. Not sure how I feel about that one XD. I'm not really sure my brain believes that one yet.
I woke up to Sister Hollingsworth holding up a B-day poster. π₯Ί she had asked me if there were any traditions we had in my family and I told her about it. I did not suspect anything at all. I had no idea when she would have had time to do it. XD Apparently Dad isn't the only one who can surprise me with things without me question it in the slightest XD. It was awesome.
I also got to text my family that day, and that was super nice. We did some normal missionary stuff before lunch. For lunch we went to Culver's because it's epic. I had my mom email me my free B-day scoop receipt email thing so I could have my free B-day custardddd!!! It was delicious.
We ended up getting last minute invited over for a member meal for dinner, so the lasagna we were at the store to buy has just been stuck in the freezer XD. We went street contacting in Walmart that day so we could get my B-day dinner, but again member meal. I also used the B-day money I got from the parents to buy some more cute clothes. :D I was very very excited about that one.
The member meal was really good as well! It was beef stroganoff, which is one of my favorites. It was made slightly different which was chill, but it had larger mushroom chunks than my fam usually puts, so I just pretended they weren't there and managed XD. I really think the Lord blesses His missionaries to be able to eat whatever is put in front of them. It was insane.
That night we had a total fire zone call! We also had a total fire district call, that was so fire I almost fell asleep during it XD. I was tired, and I wanted to call my fam. They were talking about deep doctrine, which I'm normally super into, but man I just wanted to call home. Anyways, I did eventually get to call home, and that was awesome. :)
Sunday was pretty good! Church was awesome, we had someone the Iowa Elders are teaching!! They told us he was planning to come, which was pretty cool!! He was really Elect, and were hoping that we get to teach him as he is in our area.
After church we went over to Branch President's house to drop something off, and they invited us to stay for lunch!! They had super good lentil soup. It was awesome. :)
For dinner we had another member meal! We had two planned actually. They double invited us. π¬ It ended up being that the one that would take precedence had a sick family member, so we went to the other one. They had a traditional Irish dish. It was fantastic!!! Although, I will say, having cabbage mixed in with your potatoes, however delicious, is a mildly concerning texture if you swallow it wrong. XD
As you can see, we were home for like a total of 4-5 meals this week. Crazy!! Especially in a branch!!
Haha on that topic, we also went out for lunch today π π€¦πΌ♀️ For pday we did a district pday in Dodgeville and went on a hike! It was awesome!! It was a lot longer than we planned it to be. It got to the point where I get when backpacking where I think it mIGHT be heat exhaustion and I just want to die. It was really fun tho. Haha at least in the parts where I wasn't about to die XD. I literally adore hiking. It's It's best.
The hike was really cool because today was the only nice day for the next few days. And by nice I mean it's 70° in March in Wisconsin. How??? It was crazy! Also we got to see the lake and a few caves and stuff. Also a waterfall!! No worries, of course I have pics. XD. It was super muddy however. Not a good time when you have a long way to go, and uphill. Or downhill for that matter. Mud is not a good time.
Anyways, after the hike we got Culver's to go and went back to the masonic lodge to eat and then play games. Well, it ended up being that we were all so exhausted that we just played pool. News flash: I suck at pool. XD I much prefer Ping Pong. We only played twice, and then we left. We were all dead inside and had like 0 energy left. As I'm writing this I swear I'm like half asleep. Very tired. However, we had an amazing time, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. We love our district!! Lol we'll see them tomorrow for District council too. Can't wait to see us all dead and sore from today XD. I'll let y'all know how it goes haha.
I love yous!! Thanks for reading my emails every week!! ❤
There are so many pictures this week π³
We can do this!
¡SΓ se puede!
Peb Yeej Ua Tau!
Love
Sister Lovell
Link to the photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH8UuZNVov71FYot7
Link to the blog:
https://sisterhannahlovellwisconsin.blogspot.com/
¡SΓ se puede!
Peb Yeej Ua Tau!
Love
Sister Lovell
Link to the photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH8UuZNVov71FYot7
Link to the blog:
https://sisterhannahlovellwisconsin.blogspot.com/
| Zone card for departing Lamarcas |
| 1) The comp and I on top of the world |
| 2) Sister Hollingsworth being a cutie with her wee caterpillar |
| 3) District on top of the world |
| 4) Me in a cave! |
| 5) Sister Hollingsworth posing with mini her in the sandstone |
| 6) The district do be hiking tho |
| 7) The district climbing some rocks |
| 8) Sister Holly and I in the car after the first (shorter) hike |
| 9) Elder Shipley emerging out of the spring house |
| 10) wAteRfaLL!!! :o |
| 11) Me as the swankiest person on the bridge |
| 12) Pretty creek!! |
| 13) A fine example of the mud we had to tromp through |
| 14) I have so much cake!!! T.T |
| 15) Me with a tiara from a week or two ago |
| 16) B-day Culver's! |
| 17) B-day poster from my sweetheart comp! x2 |
| 17) B-day poster from my sweetheart comp! x2 |
| 18) President being epic XD |
| 19) Relief Society Dinner Photo Booth |
| 20) We keep getting interrupted during planning π |
| 21) The comp and I being fabulous |
| 22) ZUPAS!! |
| Sister McGary, Sister Hollingsworth, Sister Hinton and I at Zupas being super pumped |
| My two past comps |
| Baraboo and Platteville Sisters Reunion at Zone Conference!! |
| Platteville |
| Platteville |
| Platteville roads |
| Platteville roads |
| THIS IS FOR U SIS MCGARY!! π |
| Back country Platteville area roads |
| Back country Platteville area roads |
![]() |
| [New Timbuk2 mini messenger bag on left] |
I think the rest of the pictures are from our drive Monday but I gotta send this now or else I'm apostate. Love y'all!! Have a good week!!

No comments:
Post a Comment