Monday, March 28, 2022

And Another One Down

Hello hello! It is I, your favorite chaotic, enthusiastic, slightly crazy missionary!! This week was a good one, and it yet again seemed to zoom by with no respect of persons.


This week, we hung out with the district like.... all the time. Mostly on zoom, duo, or messenger video calls, but also in person twice. We had the district pday last Monday, which let me tell you, that was the best ever. I was dead inside, but I was happy about it! XD

Tuesday We had in person District Council, which was also fun!! We had it in Platteville this time, which was good because as missionaries we have a limited number of miles we can go, and we currently have 8. We can barely make it to Walmart today to buy my milk. XD Anyways, So we walked across the street for district council, and had a bopping time with the district! We didn't know it yet, but this was the last time we would talk to the Lamarcas. :( They couldn't come in person, so we had them on the phone. District Council went well as usual, and afterwards we ate my mini cupcakes I still had from my bday 3 days prior, and then we went to!! Culver's!! XD jkjk that would be three times in 4 days, and that would be excessive. We actually went to DQ. It was really good actually. 

Our district has gotten really really close, which means we're going to be brutally torn apart at transfers next week, so I have that to look forward to I guess. πŸ₯² 

Right before we left, Sister Hollingsworth walked over to someone else's table who was at DQ, and we talked to them!! It was awesome!! The district all gave us fist bumps and stuff when we got back. XD keep up the hype!!

That evening we had calls with President Murphy, and that was awesome!! I love talking to President and Sister Murphy whenever I have the chance. They fantastic, and I am going to cry when they leave in 2 transfers. T.T

Wednesday!!
We had 2 SPFs that day! Idk the last time I explained that, but just in case all y'all don't use that term everyday like I do, it means Short, Powerful, and Frequent! It basically means that we went over to a members house and shared a message and prayed with them. One of them ended up having to be a call, but that's alright. We still got to talk to her. :)

The only other exciting thing that happened that day was that we found someone!! In paper areabook too!! We don't use it often, cause we all have the apps now, but the paper areabook still has a lot of info the app doesn't cause it deletes it after a few years of no successful contact. But paper? Nah fam, paper do be a tad bit more permanent. The last time this lady was taught was like 2016, so it's definitely been a while. Her husband was also taught, so we're going to try and get him to join next time we have a call! :D

Thursday!
Another party time with the District! This time only one of the companionships. We did some roleplays with our besties in Dodgeville! They've been taking care of us ever since we got here, because one of them was in Platteville right before we got here and just moved one companionship over in the district at transfers. It's been really nice to have someone to call when we have a question neither of us know the answer to.

ANYWAYS, so we had a roleplay with our best friends, and it went surprisingly well!! We got through both of us in the time we had, which is rather unheard of. The coOLEST PART!! We ended up doing exactly what we roleplayed (but slightly to the left) like.... 3 hours later!! When we told Dodgeville about that on our nightly district call, they were so hyped!! :D

We had a member meal that night which was awesome!! This family is so cute!! Their little boy keeps signing them up to feed us, and it's hilarious. XD Said little boy also wears the cutest little tag that says "Future Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" set up like a missionary tag, and it is sO STINKIN CUTE!! He really likes the missionaries, which works out because we really love him. :D

That night we also had Zone Devo, which Sister Hollingsworth and I led! We had everyone read a talk called "One More Day" by Elder Taylor G. Godoy of the Seventy, from April 2018. It was really good, and we talked about how important our time here on earth is, and even mORE important, on our missions!! Not to waste a single second. I would like to personally invite all of you to listen to it as well.

Here it is:

Friday! 
I think the only exciting thing that happened this day was that we had a lesson with one of our friends, and he was pretty into it! We invited him to be baptized, and he said he'd let us know. ...please do, man. This is your salvation were talking about.

Also! Friday was the day we had the interaction similar to the roleplay with the besties. My bad. The days blur together.

We called the STLs that day as well! Love them. ❤️ 

I think we also heart attacked another member family that is going through a decently hard time rn [right now]. It's kinda our staple. Also, everyone leaves them up, so when we go to visit them later, the paper hearts are still there! Just kinda curled cause weather lol.

Okay, so I lied, this WAS an exciting day!! It was MY DAD'S BIRTHDAY!!! I got to call home like 3 times! By the end my grandma was tired of me. XD Love you, Grandma. Yes it's me again. At least I know my brother Daniel wasn't tired of me. Lol love youuuuuuus!! Haha they have to talk to me again today, suckerrrrrs. πŸ˜ˆπŸ˜†πŸ€£ 

But yay! Happy birthday to my dad!! He turned 35 obviously. Just like last year! And the year before. XD 

Saturday!
Saturday morning we had a District Devo, and guess who got to lead it!! πŸ˜ƒ yep.... me. XD I swear, ever since my bday, I have been asked to do so many more things. I even got picked out of the whole mission to say prayer on Monday night last week!! Crazyyyyyy!

Anyways, I talked about my experience on the Hiawatha biking trail from summer 2020. Got a few laughs outta people which was good, XD and shared a short spiritual thought relating it to the gospel. Tis my favorite thing to use. XD it was in fact the hardest day of my life, and I stand by that even still. If you wanna hear the story let me know, and maybe I'll make it a Facebook post one of these days.

For lunch we decided to milk our miles for what they were worth, and went to a Mexican restaurant out in Lancaster. It was actually to meet one of the people who had been taught in the past in person finally! It was pretty awesome! He's got a crazy life story, and he was more than willing to tell it! We also invited him to watch conference, and he said he would! Woohoo!! :D

The food was also incredible. Sister Hollingsworth and I split a burrito plate, which I was sad about after I finished my burrito, but plenty happy with once we walked out and the food had caught up with me. Man, that rice was rEALLY good. Gunna have to go back there sometime. 

We also had one lesson fall through, but he texted us later. We're going to have another lesson next week. Lessons fall through more often than we would like. :( obviously lol. We don't want aNY lessons to fall through.

We had a call with the district leaders that day as well! It was pretty good! :)

We had another member meal!! We have been over to this family's house 3 times now. We adore them! They remind me of my family. Super cute, and they have a massive wall of bookshelves in their front room, and let me tell you, we have a lot of nerdy conversations. Because I know I have a few friends who would be hyped about this, we talk about the Brandon Sanderson books quite a bit. (Not that I've read more than half of only one.... 😬πŸ₯² but Sister Hollingsworth has! I vibe with them when we start talking about Phineas and Ferb. XD They got really excited when they found out I know far more about it than I probably should. XD Anyways, we also invited them to prepare for general conference. It's coming up soooooooon!! :D haha with the way time works for me, I'm guessing it'll feel like it's yesterday soon.

Oh gosh. Saturday evening, Sister Hollingsworth and I had a very weird laughing fit on the floor for like 10 minutes, and we could nOT for the life of us figure out why. Haha the district call that night was fantastic. XD. Elder Larson still said he thinks Sisters are very dignified, so I mean.... I guess we've got him fooled pretty good. XD

Sunday!
Sunday was fantastic!! We had three people at church, which was a first here!! It's the Platteville equivalent of when we had like 9 people at church in Green Bay. So.... it was pretty hype!!

After church, we had a lesson with Sam, which let me tell you, that was a good lesson! We had two of the members there as well, which is aWESOME!! Sometimes getting members in lessons is hard, and Pres said it's the best. I can't help but agree. We went over all of the commandments, which again, let me tell you, is qUITE the feat. We usually do one or two for a focused lesson. But nah. It was great. :)

We also had dinner at a member's house!! They had rOAST!! AND POTATOES AND CARROTS AND asparagus which I have found I quite enjoy. Hadn't ever tried it before the mish. Good stuff. But yEAH!! IT WAS AWESOME! :D

We had mission prayer, which one of the Ukrainian missionaries said in Russian, which was really really cool. Oh! Idk if I said that in an email. We got 2 Ukrainian Sister missionaries in our mission! They look really sweet. :) I haven't had the opportunity to meet them yet, but maybe someday. ♡

After mission prayer we had another district call! We sure love our district. We very much miss the Lamarcas tho. T.T but yeah, the district calls are always crazy. 

Today!
Today we're not going anywhere. We have literally 8 miles for the rest of March. We will be going to Walmart, and then parking our butts here. Doing some cleaning, email writing, etc. And I will be doing some diy construction. I am making myself a projector so we can watch conference. I am very determined. It will work. When I figure it out, there will be a post on Facebook, so look out for that.

That's about all!! I'm super pumped for general conference, and I'm very excited to watch it on my wall. I hope all of you are having a fantastic week, and that my extensive emails don't drive you up your walls.

πŸ˜† Have a great week, yall! I love you all! ❤️ 

We can do this!
¡SΓ­ se puede! 
Peb Yeej Ua Tau!

Love
Sister Lovell

Link to the photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH8UuZNVov71FYot7

Link to the blog:
https://sisterhannahlovellwisconsin.blogspot.com/

1) Guild of Goofballs

2) Elder Johnson being a photographer 

3) District hike!

4) Wisconsin Waterfall ft. the district

5) #theCoolDistrict😎

6) Fun at the falls

7) Rock stars πŸͺ¨⭐

8) The great descent

9) District DQ πŸ‘‘ (aka the time when I certainly didn't have food in my mouth)

10) Leap of faith

11) Leap of faith Sister Holly style

12) Back at it again in Platteville [ft. chicken pillows] 

13) I was asked to translate this

14) ζ‹·ε•γ§γ—γŸ

15) If you know.... you just know

16) I have a problem

17) On the roAD AGAIN! 
@Mirari Tierney ^^^

18) Funny fountain x4

18) Funny fountain x4

18) Funny fountain x4

18) Funny fountain x4

19) My hair.... it's a vibe

20) I am lord vOldEmORt -Thomas Lovell

21) My new bday shirt!! 😁

22) A gif that all too often applies to me XD (specifically when I'm making a projector)

No comments:

Post a Comment