Tuesday, April 5, 2022

*gasp*😲 a cHILD!! (no)

Happiest of days to you, dearest friends and family!! Blessed are those who understood my title's reference. If not.... don't worry. XD that's not the important part.


This week was a pretty great one! It had its highs and lows, just like other weeks, but this week was overall pretty darn fantastic. 

To start off, this week is transfers which is, again, why this email is coming out on Tuesday instead of the usual Monday. Transfers are kinda crazy, but we'll get to that.

Monday was exactly what I expected. We just hardcore vibed at the apartment and got some stuff done. Took several naps and accomplished a projector. (Sorta)

As far as the projector goes, it works! Just only when the room is pitch black. Plus it's a tad bit blurry. I did not end up watching conference on my wall. But we did watch a different video on the wall!! It was a good time.

Tuesday was pretty good as well!! We went to the church building to have better internet connection and also so I could duplicate some sticker bases so I had something to hand out on Friday. More on that later.

That evening we texted every single person in our area book about watching general conference. We had like 2 replies, but the miracle was that we had 2 replies!!

Wednesday! 
We heart attacked one of the members again, and we had a great time about it. We had a relatively long walk to get there, which we thoroughly enjoyed, and then when we got there, their entire front door was a window. (Like the screen door thing; the other door was open). So as we were putting up the hearts, the son came and looked at us like, ...what... are you doing?? And we just held up a finger to our mouths. He shrugged and walked away. XD It was far less secretive/sneaky than we would've liked it to be, but hey! We got it done, and it made them smile XD.

That evening we went to mutual which was fun! They are making scripture bags, so we were mostly just there to talk to them and show we cared about them, but we still had a blast.

Thursday!
We did some weekly planning and aGAIN got several phone calls in the middle of it. I swear, we can never have an uninterrupted weekly planning. XD It's okay tho, we got to talk to a few members and stuff which was good.

We had a roleplay with our District Leader afterwards, and his companion was mysteriously missing. He said he was in the other room somewhere; he didn't know. Sister Hollingsworth and I talked about it later, and I can't even imagine not knowing where my companion is. That companionship had a weird vibe anyways, but still, it was a little weird.

I believe we also called the STLs, but I'm not quite sure. They're amazing either way! :D

We had a pretty good lesson that night with someone who wanted to know more about general conference. Unfortunately they weren't a "new person", because we didn't get another time to call set up, so not the most promising, but it was a seed planted at the least!! :D

Friday!
Man, if Friday wasn't a day! First off, it was April Fool's Day, and I was suspecting a lot of pranks because we were having CDC (combined district council) and 2 of the Elders are going home tomorrow. Nothing at all; it was kinda crazy.

We got there early so we could hop on Friday Finding Forum with everyone in the mish over Zoom, and that was a party. Before that happened I handed out the stickers I made!! I have a few pictures of which I will include. :)

CDC was good; we went over goals and had a testimony meeting for the Elders going home. We talked about the parable of the talents in the Bible and how we can apply that to our areas.

After it was over we took some fun pictures, and then we went out to eat. Again the Sisters sat in one section and the Elders in another. XD 🤦🏼‍♀️ At least it was all the sisters this time. I got the same thing as last time. Mac and cheese and fries!!! :D XD No root beer tho. It was incredibly disappointing last time, so water it was. Anyways.

We were initially going to have a service project to get to when we got home, but their daughter was sick, so we had to cancel. 😞 

We had a member meal that night tho with our favorites again!! They really do spoil us. 😁😅😆 We had fried cheese curds and pasta salad that was very similar to my favorite of my mom's, and fruit salad. That sounds super good right now, dang it. Anyways!! They're awesome, and we invited them to do and notice little acts of service around them this week! I invite you all to do the same!!

"-when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God."
(Mosiah 2:17)

Try to serve the people around you!! It doesn't even have to be super big, but I think a little kindness goes a long way, especially in the world right now. :)

Saturday!! 
IT'S GENERAL CONFERENCE, BABY!! It was incredible!!! If you haven't taken the time to watch it yet, I'm going to throw in a second invitation: please do!! You will not regret it!! General Conference always brings a sense of peace into my life, and I promise it can do the same for you as you are willing to "Let God Prevail" in your life as President Nelson has said!! 

I decided to go in with a question and ended up with 10. They were all answered Saturday!! 😱😲❤ God is good, guys!! I cannot even express to you how much I adore General Conference, especially as a missionary.

We watched all three sessions that day from the comfort of our couch. Probably the laziest day I have had in a long time. XD We had super great meals of cookies and donuts, but don't worry! We had an excellent lunch of steamed broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots. Totally balances out the rest of the crap we ate the rest of the day, right?? XD (no)

Sunday!
More General Conference!!! Literally guys, Conference is the best. Morning session we were again vibing on the couch. (Best way to do it I tell you.) I had 8 more questions that morning, and they were again answered. I highly encourage you to not only wATCH General Conference, but to come with questions. It's incredible.

Afternoon session was a bit of a different experience. We were invited over to our Branch Mission Leader's house and to stay for dinner. We had a bit of a hard time finding his house, but we eventually got there. 

Before we even get to the part where we're there tho, we had called him like 6 times between that morning, the day before, and the day before that. He never picked up. He's a single guy, and he had invited his niece (whom we've met before) to join us to watch so we could be there.

When we get there, we walk in and he's got the son-in-law of one of our investigators over, and we got to talk to him a bit which was awesome. Unfortunately this was during the first talk, so we were missing out, which I was super stressed about. I'd had a feeling we wouldn't really be watching it all that much. Anyways, while all this was going on, there is very clearly no woman there. The other guy had to head out pretty shortly, and soon it was just us and the BML (branch mission leader). We told him we were going to have to wait out in the car until his niece got there, and he kept trying to think of ways to keep us in. After a second, Sister Hollingsworth (who was way more willing to be bold in this scenario; I was kinda terrified) started towards the door and just walked out and told him we'd be in the car. I was right on her tail this whole time.

Like 5 minutes later he called out his front door that someone else was coming and that we'd better get in there if we wanted to meet them. We asked who, and he just said to just come in; they'd be here shortly. We told him that unless it was a girl we couldn't come in. He walked back in, clearly frustrated. We did end up getting to talk to the guy when he pulled up, but we didn't go in.

After that, we sat in the car for most of conference, until I finally succumbed to admitting that I was getting really negative vibes, and that the Spirit was practically yelling at me to get oUT. Even the conference talks we were listening to were telling me to follow the Spirit and to not listen to the world, to follow the commandments and Jesus, and-- the list goes on. Sister Hollingsworth said she didn't feel anything, but that if I did then yeah, we should probably head out.

We went up and knocked on his door, which I was still kinda nervous about, and he gave us some food to go, apologized that his niece never showed, and we headed out.

It was definitely an experience. I had many escape plans plotted out while we were listening to conference in the car. Back up w/o a backer ('cause eMERGENCY), or call Dodgeville, President, or worst case scenario, DAD. I'd like to say I thought of the DLs or ZLs, but we're not very close with them emotionally or distance wise. Fact is, I was stressed and nearly busted into tears a few times. I will probably be listening to that session of conference again later. I got stuff out of it, but not as much as I could've. 

Moral of the story: follow the Spirit or else bad time.

We went home and since we were home a lot earlier than planned, (we missed the dinner part planned and the last 20 minutes of conference) we ate dinner, and I plugged in some tunes and furiously scrubbed the dishes for 30 minutes. (Sister Holly called her sis for her bday). Dishes are a great way to refocus. 10/10 would recommend. (k maybe 9/10. -1 for raisin hands)

A bit after that we had a lesson with one of our friends and put him on bAPTISMAL DATE!!! :D for May 1st!! (@Daniel Lovell) It was a very long call, but hardcore wORTH IT!!

We also received a particular email that day. It informed us that we would have a specific calling this next transfer and that we should stay on after the Mission Prayer call that evening.

So we hopped on Mission Prayer which itself was pretty great. Those of you who have received this email before probably have a good idea about what the after-meeting was.

This is where they informed us that those of us who received the email were going to be!!! ....TRAINING!! I GET TO BE A MISSION MOM!! Sister Hollingsworth and I will be trio-training here in Platteville. We get to go pick up our baby tomorrow. :) :D

This means that Sister McGary is a gRANDMA!! :D and Sister Skousen is a gREAT GRANDMA!!! and Sister Gustofson is a- okay you get the point. XD The most important part is that imma mOMMMMM!!

Not yet, of course. Gotta wait til tomorrow. XD haha We also have to fit three sisters in this apartment. Not too bad, but still a bit of a hassle.

Yesterday would've been chaos for our minds except we were way too busy to even think. It worked out, but boy oh boy it was both a long and short day.

Yesterday evening we found out where the rest of the zone and district are going, and just as I expected, we're being torn apart. Not a single companionship in the zone was unaffected this transfer. As far as our district goes, Richland Center (the DL and comp) their area is being closed. There won't be any missionaries there this transfer. Both comps are being yeeted elsewhere in the mish. Dodgeville, Elder Johnson is becoming DL (totally called it), and Elder Shipley is going to Milwaukee. So in the coming transfer it will just be Platteville and Dodgeville. 3 sisters and 2 Elders. The chat has been renamed "Elder Johnson's District" because straight facts: He served in Dodgeville and Platteville, and now he's the DL. XD Good times. I'm going to cry.

Today we're just prepping the house as much as possible and writing emails and stuff. We're going to go shopping and buy our Baby some flowers. Tomorrow is going to be one heck of a day, and we need to be prepared. Our baby is probably on a plane rn! Or in an airport! Don't know who yet. Won't find out til we get to the meeting. I'm excited to be on the half of the room that knows what's going on this time. When I was in there as a greenie I didn't know anyone, the areas, or what was happening at all. This time I'll have a bit more of an idea haha.

Anyways, moral of the story this week: CDC is bomb, Conference is great, follow the Spirit, and be prepared for anything the Lord throws at you.

I love you all!! 😁❤


We can do this!
¡Sí se puede! 
Peb Yeej Ua Tau!

Love
Sister Lovell

Link to the photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH8UuZNVov71FYot7

Link to the blog:
https://sisterhannahlovellwisconsin.blogspot.com/

[Facebook post from which Bloopers Video is derived]

1) [Video] Bloopers from our recent FB post on the page (the Church of Jesus Christ in Southwest WI):

2) District sticker in my scriptures

3) classic sunset pic 

4) ...I had to [tiny snowman]

5) [Video] Mother Nature pulls an April Fool's prank:

6) Hilarious conference bingo shared on fb

7) Top tier general conference meme

8) #wisco ft. me

9) #wisco ft. the comp

10) #Wisco wITH the comp

11) Elder Johnson's guitar with 3 stickers I made

12) [Video] Dodgeville being the bEST vine:

13) [Video] Elder Johnson doing his thing XD:

14) CDC pics to hopefully come soon

No comments:

Post a Comment