Good morning my good friends and family! This week was a crazy one! But shorter, so maybe I can let some of you off the hook with a shorter email haha! (....unlikely)
Tuesday!
We spent the day preparing the house for a third missionary, as well as hardcore chilling. We went to Walmart in the late afternoon before beginning our evening work! We ended up finding someone that evening. In all reality I should say he found us, because he just called us at like 8:55 out of the blue!! It was awesome! We had no idea who he was. XD but hey! We're going to try and get him a Book of Mormon and Bible, so that should be great!! The zone was pretty hyped that we found someone at 9:15 on the last night of the transfer. (Got off the call then)
Wednesday!
Man, if this day wasn't the longest day I've had in a while! It started off with us leaving the house at 7:50a, knowing that we'd be back approximately 12 hours later with our daughter. (Trainee, if I haven't already explained that one.)
The drive to Madison was amazing, and we jammed out to some good tunes. Did I cry a little inside when we passed Dodgeville knowing that one of the Elders there would be gone? Maybe. But hey, the new Elder is great too. Like I said, our district was brutally torn apart. Eventually we got to Madison, after I hardcore stressed that I wouldn't get to say goodbye to people, and they were still there!! I was so happy! Got to say a lot of goodbyes, and we also got to play tetris with luggage in the back of our car.
Luckily for us, Elder Graper is good at luggage tetris, so I didn't have to do a whole lot. We had four people in our car, and two people's luggage. It was Sister Hollingsworth and I of course, and then Sister Tampas from Baraboo and her new companion Sister Cox who I rode in the car with to Madison from Neena six weeks ago! They both had their luggage and are going to a new area together, so that was an adventure. We had a good time in the car tho! Jammed out some more.
Actually, while we were driving to Milwaukee, two Elders were in a different car, and they were actually going home. We kinda raced them there. (Don't worry! We abided by Tiwi's reign on our speed, and I wasn't driving, in any case. XD) We won, which we were very proud of. We were pretty surprised because they're going home, and what are they going to do if they get a bunch of check your speeds?? Send them home?? But they were good and also abided by Tiwi. But we still won. XD We were just driving by each other for an hour and a half. It was fantastic! Those Elders are home now tho. ...that's so weird.
Anyways, when we got to Milwaukee's stake center, all the people we had said goodbye to in Madison were there, and that was mildly awkward, but that's okay. XD We were also like 2 hours early and just got to chill for a while. There were many people there, and I got to say hi to some people I hadn't seen in a while!! It was pretty cool, even tho I was mildly stressed about making it into the trainers meeting on time.
I also handed out more stickers of President Murphy which was awesome!! I even gave one to President and Sister Murphy which they loved!! They thought they were hilarious, and I am very proud of it! XD also gave some to the APs, and to a few other people. It was epic.
After that, we got to go into the chapel where we were going to meet our trainees, and I was so excited! Being in that room gave me Déjavu like none other, let me tell you. It seems like just yesterday I was sitting in there next to Sister Barrus nervous and excited to meet my trainer and then finding out I would be serving in Green Bay with the best trainer ever, Sister McGary!! It was fantastic. But being back there was the strangest feeling.
Anyways, we got to meet our daughter Sister Stewart!! She is actually one of the two missionaries that I responded to on fb [Facebook] before they came out!! It's crazy!! She's so precious and is doing absolutely amazing! She is already sharing her thoughts in the lessons and is really just taking off with a leap!! It's amazing!!
After that meeting we headed to the car with Sister Williamson who we were taking to Madison with us! ...you guessed it, that meant we had to play luggage tetris again. We also were supposed to take the extra pieces of furniture that we needed for hosting a trio, but we had exactly zero room, so the moving Elders said they'd bring them down on Friday. They did not. We're going to have to call them about that or something. We'll see, I guess!
Before we headed back to Madison we stopped at Kopp's which is a really popular custard place only in Milwaukee. It was good, but not a 3-hour drive good. Culver's is pretty easily comparable, and I think I'll stick with that. XD It was however really fun to stop and have custard with all four of us!! Picture included!!
Anyways, so then began the drive back to Madison. I swear it only took like an hour and a half which is dumb because on the map it looks about as far apart as Nampa and Pocatello which takes 3 hours, and Idaho has faster freeways, and yet here we are. I do not understand the logic behind this, but oh well.
When we got to Madison, we let out Sister Williamson and her luggage so she could head to her new area, and then snagged the air mattress we were borrowing from the STLs while we wait for a bed. And then we headed home to Platteville! It was not dark enough for Sister Hollingsworth to not want to drive because it's spring and the sun doesn't set at 3pm, so I did not get to drive. T.T very sad, but hey! One day I will be the driver. One day.
We got home and got Sister Stewart's luggage out and helped her get situated a bit before doing a bit of finding and just hopping in!! She didn't need to go to the store until pday, (today woohoo!) so we were really easily able to just get to it!
Thursday! (I told you Wednesday was a long day)
Thursday we went to Ruby's pantry to volunteer!! It was awesome, but let me tell you, I've never seen such bipolar weather in my life. We would go outside with our shopping cart full of stuff and it would be nice out, and then we'd come out the next time and it would be pOURING! The next it was nice again, maybe light rain, and then it was snowing the next time. Then hailing, then half the parking lot was sunny and the other was rain, it was insane, and poor Sister Stewart, first full day in her first area, is so confused about what on earth she should be wearing. I'm pretty used to the temperatures, but she was wearing her full like parka and leather gloves and everything. Very valid. I seem to remember what I looked like the first few days of actual cold... (Flashback to December) Anyways, it went well, and our friend who we are teaching, Brooks, was there as well!
We actually had had a lesson with Brooks that morning, and for a first lesson for Sister Stewart Holy, cow it was crazy. But she held her own and was able to jump in even through the craziness of it all! So proud!!! Day 2 and I can already tell she's going to do me proud out there!! *wipes away proud motherly tears*
Friday!
We had a several Zoom calls that day for training orientation and stuff, as well as just regular stuff, so by mid afternoon we were thoroughly sick of our phones. We did weekly planning that day, and as much as I enjoyed it, I think the other 2 were bored. XD I love weekly planning; I get to write on the pretty whiteboard. So far none of my other comps have particularly enjoyed doing the writing, which means I get to! Good times. :D
That's about all that happened that day, so!!
Saturday!!!
So, Friday we were very tired of sitting around, and as you may have guessed from my title, we were running a little low on miles. (It is currently the 11th of the month, and we've gone nearly 500 out of our presumed 750. We still have to drive to Madison on Thursday for zone conference! ...We're doomed.) So! We decided to walk! A lot! We walked to this one lady's house across town, and she couldn't meet right then, but she did answer the door!! We're going back next week which is awesome because she had stopped responding.
We also taught an Easter lesson to these four college girls on our way home, as well as accidentally knocked on the door of someone who used to be taught!! It was very productive, but it was also quite the walk. We had brought our jackets, and it was ridiculously warm for what the weather had been the previous few days. We had to carry them, and that was a good time. XD
We also got invited to dinner with our favorites the Cox's again (we literally love them so much), and we walked to that as well. They got to meet Sister Stewart which was awesome!! We always have a party at the Cox's. :D
We found our friend Alex again! He stopped responding, but then we active called him, and he answered!!! We were supposed to meet with him this morning to get him a Book of Mormon, but we had to cancel. :( We'll get him next time for sure!
Sunday!!
Sunday was pretty good! We had missionary correlation, and Sister Stewart got to meet the branch mission leaders!! That was pretty fun. Church was right after that, and we got to talk to a few people right before it started. Introduced our new greenie. :D
After church we had our lesson with Sam, and that went pretty awesome!! It always does! Sam is fantastic! We love him. His girlfriend might end up serving a mission, and tHAT is exciting!!!
Anyways, we had dinner with the Woods for Sunday, and they are so fun!! They have been having missionaries over every Sunday for dinner for the past.... ever. XD they said pretty much ever since they were married they have had the missionaries over every Sunday. That is pretty cool. Life goals right there.
Haha they did tell us there were a few missionaries who didn't come back. They told the stories tho, and it was for good reasons. 😬😅😆 (Those will not be problems with me, I can assure you.)
That evening we did something called a prayer call where we start an audio call via Facebook and then we start adding people in the area to the call and when someone hops on, we offer to say a prayer with them!! We found 1 possibility, and 1 new friend!! :D The Lord works in mysterious ways, my friends!!
Today was pretty chill, went to the store and broke my MSF bank again.... it's chill, I'm just really good at following the rule to have no funds carrying over to the next month/pay period. 😅 ...too good. Prices are skyrocketing tho, and that's kinda annoying. T.T
Anywho, yeah! That was my week!! I hope y'all had a good one!! :D
I love you all!! ❤️
We can do this!
¡SÃ se puede!
Peb Yeej Ua Tau!
Love
Sister Lovell
Link to the photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH8UuZNVov71FYot7
Link to the blog:
https://sisterhannahlovellwisconsin.blogspot.com/
¡SÃ se puede!
Peb Yeej Ua Tau!
Love
Sister Lovell
Link to the photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH8UuZNVov71FYot7
Link to the blog:
https://sisterhannahlovellwisconsin.blogspot.com/
![]() |
| 1) Process work of Prez's Sticker |
![]() |
| 2) Life is a Highway |
![]() |
| 3) Kopp's with the squad |
![]() |
| 4) A trio off to a goofy start |
![]() |
| 5) "I can see my (old) [state] from here!!" |
![]() |
| 6) Ya know ya girl's got her sunset picture |
![]() |
| 7) Well, this one's just obvious |
![]() |
| 8) Peak Quality Humor of the week |
![]() |
| 9) Someone's having a revelation somewhere 👀 |
![]() |
| 10) Once upon a December : A Flashback |










No comments:
Post a Comment