Good day to all of you my friends and family!! I'm going to be honest here, I don't remember much from this week at the moment, and from what I do remember, this was a pretty casual week. Not to mention it was shortened because of transfers, so y'all might get off lucky with a shorter email this week.
Wednesday!
This was a pretty regular day. Did facebook work, called some people, had a few lessons, ya know, the usual sitch. I think I passed out on the floor during a weekly Q&A with one of the institute teachers in Madison on zoom at one point... idk. XD
We also went and did facebook work on the church's lawn because it was gorgeous out. We took a couple fun photos that I will include.
Thursday!
This was a pretty fun day! We had an SPF in the morning which was actually really cool.
It was with this less active couple out in the country, (tbf [to be frank] Wisconsin is the definition of "out in the country", so... XD) and they were really sweet. Let me tell you, "less active" does NOT in the slightest mean they don't believe in the gospel or have quarrels with the church at all! This family lives the gospel; they just are busy working/have a hard time getting out to Platteville for church every week. They said they really enjoyed having us over, and we are going back soon!! :D Bonus points, they have a parrot, which says "hello" over and over as you walk in. It’s adorable. Really cool bird. :D
We also had Zone Devo where we talked about building spiritual momentum for this transfer. We also went around and introduced ourselves for the new folks. :) It was good!!
We also had a member meal! First of the transfer! It was actually with this awesome less active family! Again, less active does NOT. MEAN. UNBELIEVING!! They're actually so cool. They told us they haven't had missionary friends for a few years. (Aka haven't connected with the missionaries) This news made us feel very special. XD It's the third time we'd been over. We connected by helping her with yard work and gardening. Then they invited us over for homemade pizza! It was awesome. :D
Friday!
Friday... was a long day. We got up early because we taught —you heard me right, we tAUGHT— seminary that morning. Sister Wood (the seminary teacher) had to leave early so she asked us to teach. It was pretty great actually. Definitely wished I coulda asked my mom for advice, (She also teaches seminary) but alas, that is not a thing I was allowed to do.
After that we hurried and showered so we could head off to another food pantry service project. This one was called Saint Mary's. Or at least the church was. Idk what the event was called. 🤷🏼♀️ It went well, but it was a lot more physical labor than Ruby's Pantry.
After that we rushed home to jump on Friday Finding Forum, and we barely made it in time.
The rest of the day was pretty normal. Had some calls and some studies, etc. Only thing is we had an SPF, who wasn't home when we went over, so we decided to knock some doors while we were over there. Mostly no one answered, but one person did! Her name is Reagan! She said we could come back on Sunday!
We had a pass off lesson with the ZLs as well! However.... it was less of a pass off, and more of a... idk. Like... a running relay?? Normally in a pass off the old missionaries teach the first half if not all of the lesson, and the new missionaries teach the second half, or just comment throughout. Instead, the Elders called late and said, "hey man! This is the Sisters! Hope y'all have a good lesson, we gotta go. 🙂👍" ...it went pretty well still, but eLDERS! Y'all're kILLING me!! 🤦🏼♀️
We also had more weekly planning. 👍🏻
Saturday!
So, Thursday night we had gotten a call from President Murphy calling us to be the page admins in our zone! I was hyped, and yet again, the comps groaned. XD I'm just always excited for new opportunities, man. Don't care if it's more work, I'm just straight excited. :D
But that being said, we had a page council on Saturday to kinda introduce ourselves as the admins and set a base idea of what everyone's goals were for the page etc. It went really well. We think this zone is going to be really good about the page and stuff. They're very honest and willing to work.
That afternoon we sat outside our apartment for our online work, and mad chilled on some blankets. It was the best because we got to talk to people walking by.
One of whom was a preacher and his wife walking their dog! We read a verse from the BoM and gave them a pass-along card. It was awesome!
I think my favorite interaction was that WE GOT TO MEET JOSEPH SMITH!!! :D And by that, I mean our neighbor Joe. XD We shared a scripture with him; unfortunately he's not interested at this point, but he did tell us "people always think I'm a Mormon because my name is Joseph Smith. I always have to tell them 'no, my parents just think they're funny'." XD It was the best.
That evening we got to drive out to the Merkles for a member meal! It was awesome. They had tacos, which were excellent. Sister Merkle also bought us each of our favorite candies. 🥺❤ so now I have a nice bag of Jolly Ranchers, and I am very happy about it. :D
I also got to drive home again because it was dark. I freaking live for driving long distances. Especially at night. It's the literal best.
We got home and had a couple calls before heading to bed. IN bed we watched half an episode of The Chosen which was awesome!!
Sunday!
Church was good! Pretty normal. We unfortunately didn't have any friends come this week. Sam is back in Illinois, so... 😮💨 sad. Sister Holverson called us and asked us to come early so we could help her with something. She couldn't figure out how to get the centerpiece on the Relief Society table right. XD We were able to help her figure it out which is good. It looks awesome! Very spring/summery.
After church we went to Reagan's but she unfortunately wasn't home/didn't answer the door. :(
We had the Woods that evening which was awesome! We love the Woods! We did a fun blindfold activity, and the kids really seemed to enjoy it. It was pretty great. :D
After we got home from that, as we were pulling in, our neighbor Joe very emphatically asked us if we had an egg. We did, so we gave him one. Approximately 2 hours later he brought us some banana bread. :D It was excellent. 10/10 worth the egg.
After that we had a lesson with our friend Abigail who said she might come to church next week!! :D We are super excited for that. :)
And then we finished off with mission prayer! Another successful week in the field!! :D
We again watched The Chosen before bed haha. We finished the episode from Saturday night.
Today!
I got to talk to my family this morning! :D haha earlier than normal which was awesome! We went shopping and got Culver's!! I love Culver's. (Thank you Grandpa and Grandma Lovell!! ❤❤❤)
We will also probably be heading to the church building at some point so I can practice the piano! We have been asked to prepare a musical number for zone conference. A recorded one. Sent in this week. ...so I'm going to be practicing the piano :D. I'm actually super hyped. It should be good!! 😊😁❤
So.... it wasn't a short email after all. Sorry about that. XD I don't know that that surprises anyone though haha. In any case, I hope y’all have an amazing week!! Thank you to all of yous who actually read my emails, even if it's every once in a blue moon. I know they're long. ❤
I love you all!! 😁❤
We can do this!
¡Sí se puede!
Peb Yeej Ua Tau!
Love
Sister Lovell
Link to the photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH8UuZNVov71FYot7
Link to the blog:
https://sisterhannahlovellwisconsin.blogspot.com/
¡Sí se puede!
Peb Yeej Ua Tau!
Love
Sister Lovell
Link to the photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH8UuZNVov71FYot7
Link to the blog:
https://sisterhannahlovellwisconsin.blogspot.com/
![]() |
| 1) When you accidentally open your front camera 😆 |
![]() |
| 2) The comps blocking the view 😆🤣 |
![]() |
| 3) Pretty sunset I was TRYING to take a picture of. 🤦🏼♀️😆 |
![]() |
| 4) Walking home from the Greens |
![]() |
| 4) Walking home from the Greens x2 |
![]() |
| 5) Expanse of gREEN!! |
![]() |
| 6) Weekly (kinda) meme |
![]() |
| 7) The cutest little gopher!! |
![]() |
| 8) Silly photo of the week |
![]() |
| 8) Silly photo of the week x2 |
![]() |
| 9) Close up silliness |
![]() |
| 9) Close up silliness x2 |
![]() |
| 10) I did some digital art this week XD |













No comments:
Post a Comment