Monday, May 30, 2022

Dancing in the Rain ๐ŸŒง๐ŸŽถ

Hello my dearest friends and family!! This week flew like lightning. Idk how it's Monday again already. I have decided to mix things up a little and open with a funny quote from this week.


"Drama makes life spicy. Trauma makes life weird and crunchy like when you freeze something and it didn't thaw out properly." - Shelle Cox

I'm not going to lie, it was probably funnier in the moment, but I cried laughing XD.

Anyways!! On with the weekly report!

Monday!
We went over to the Robinsons after pday ended for an SPF (Short, Powerful, Frequent. aka member lesson); it was awesome! They're really sweet.

Tuesday!
We had District Council (DC) over Zoom because no one has miles, and that was awesome!! It's literally so amazing to have Sister Barrus in the District. :D

The rest of the day was pretty normal. Had a few lessons that evening which went well. :)

Wednesday! 
We had a social media training for 2nd transfer missionaries, which I remember really well. XD It's pretty fun to be in training a second time on the other side of it, because suddenly I recognize what things are instead of being so very confused all the time.

Okay... so Wednesday was actually so crazy. 

We went over to the Holversons for lunch which was delicious. Was it pork which I'm allergic to? Yes. Did that stop me? No! I thought I'd told most people, but we keep being fed pork, so apparently I wasn't thorough enough. XD It's chill. I will eat whatever I'm fed. I'm always just so grateful people are so kind and willing to feed us. ❤

Anyways, the reason we were over there was because Sister Holverson was driving us down to Hazel Green and Shullsburg which are at the very bottom of our area. She was the member in our lessons. It was really awesome. :D

We had two lessons. One was with our friend Dawn and her mom Patricia. They're super cute. We taught them for the first time last week, and this time we taught them the Plan of Salvation, and they loved it!! We're going back next week. :)

The other was supposed to be with Cynthia Jensen, but she wasn't home. Luckily, her mother-in-law was, and even though she isn't a member she invited us in and was super hospitable!! We had a really good conversation with her. She and Sister Holverson were able to relate over things which was awesome. Cynthia got home at one point but had to rush off again so we didn't even get to see her. Instead we shared the scripture and thought we had prepared for Cynthia with her mother-in-law! It was pretty awesome actually. :)

We made one other stop on the way home, but she didn't answer, so we just left a note.

When we got home, we only had time to do a few things before having to change into service clothes and head to Celeste's house where we helped her weed and plant in the rain. It was actually the bEST!! My knees were soaked by the time we left XD. I gave up on the awkward squatting after approximately 10 seconds. She also fed us taco pizza!

If you have never heard of taco pizza... don't worry, you're normal. I hadn't either. Apparently it's a Midwest thing. It's basically a pizza with taco toppings on it. It was excellent. It was also very messy XD. Surprisingly I ate the cleanest, and the others used forks. (I just went at it like a pizza. Forks are a cop out. XD)

After we left we headed home and changed back into pros (proselyting clothes, aka business formal/regular missionary clothing) and hurried over to mutual. They were planning out activities, and let me tell you, I mISS young women's!!! They have some super fun sounding activities. (Most of which the three of us will likely not be here for.)

This is also when Shelle shared her opinions on the difference between drama and trauma. XD (See heading) 

Thursday!
The day of many SPFs!! It started out at 10 am with the Fernandes. That went pretty well! They're really sweet. Plus Nelly, their bird, is darling. ("Hello!! ... Hello!!" ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜„) 

Next was Sister Cullen immediately afterwards! She is super sweet and enjoys talking with us. :) She had us show her how to use her new pressure cooker. ...glad my comps knew. It was mostly common sense, but they had actually used one before.

In the car on the way home we hopped on the zone devo. I couldn't tell you what it was about because I was mostly just laughing at the Elders for being goofy. XD Also paying attention in the car is a little difficult lol.

After lunch we went over to the Elvidges for another SPF, and they had made us apple crisp which was EXCELLENT!! They encouraged us to go back for seconds, and none of us were going to complain about that one XD. We enjoyed our conversation with them as well. :)

Then later we went over to this really darling member's house. (We've been asked to avoid using her name and too many details.) We went over and shared some scriptures and had a good conversation with her as well. Her baby is the singular cutest kid ever. I love them. ❤️ 

Haha when we came out of her apartment, it was pOURING and none of us had jackets XD. We sprinted across the street to our car and drove home. When we got home we got out and gave up and just danced in the rain. Were we soaked? Yes, yes we were. But was it worth it? Absolutely it was.

We hurried and ate dinner and then walked over to the Greens to help them with service. (We had jackets on by then.) The plan had been to do yard work, but with the rain we ended up helping them clean out their house. Which, let me tell you, was a big deal!! Apparently they never let people in their house, and we were in there helping them clean!! It was awesome!! After we finished most of the front room, she asked us to share a scripture. !!! We were surprised! We hadn't planned to, just because it was a service project, but we were able to pull one out and share a quick thought with them. 

The best part?? We shared this thought over tEA!! Don't worry my friends, they weren't making the church missionaries break the Word of Wisdom. XD Mine was like Mango Pomegranate Honey or something idk. All herbal teas, no green or black. In any case, it was delicious. 

We definitely ended up walking home in the dark because we left at 9:15. (Curfew if you have a lesson is 9:30. I am NOT planning to go apostate any day soon my friends. Worry not.) It was quite pleasant actually!! Haha Ira, their son, actually knocked on our door 2 minutes after we got home and gave us some food. He had run the whole way. And he ran the whole way home too. XD What a funny, spry, guy.

Friday! 
Another day of many lessons/SPFs!!

This time we started off with Friday Finding Forum, and then a Zone leadership call. We got to join in on that one because we're admins now. XD It was basically the Mad YSA district and us. The other District leaders decided not to join us I guess XD.

After lunch we had some weekly planning and then a lesson with our friend Brian!! He's super cool! I think this is when we found him, but I could be wrong. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผ‍♀️ We just shared a quick scripture cause he was in the car.

After that we headed to the Sextons to share a scripture! It was pretty cool to be over there because their daughter Miranda was there, and we've seen her and talked to her in passing, but she just got home from college so we don't know her super well.

We got home and did some more weekly planning before walking to the Cox's because they invited us over for dinner!! The BEST PART?? They had a fire outside, and we roasted hot dogs and mARSHMELLOWSSSS!! It was AWESOME. I haven't roasted much of anything for a long while. We definitely smelled like smoke when we got home which was the only downside. XD It was pretty fun though. I miss camping. :( I've got a good solid year left to wait lol.

When we got home we had a lesson with Abigail which went interestingly because she was helping take care of a sweet old lady who is 103 years old. So she had to ditch us for a good 5-10 minutes to help get her ready for bed. We just shared a short scripture and invited her to come to church.

Saturday!!
We got invited over for lunch at the Johnson's, which was super exciting!! We had an STL call right before, which was kept short because we had to head out early to pick up the pizza which is what was for lunch XD. It was really good pizza. I love Domino's. 

They ended up having some old friends stop by while we were there which was interesting. XD They had just picked up a new puppy which we got to pet. Man that puppy slept through a lot. XD It was the Johnson's daughter Palmer's 2nd bday, so after their friends left they brought out the cake. It was an ICECREAM CAKE!! Childhood memories of Dad's bday came flooding back right there. It was excellent.

Also, that 2 year old is very good at blowing out candles. ๐Ÿคจ like very precise. It was crazy XD.

After we headed out, we pulled into the Walmart parking lot because the SML Sisters were calling us for a Zoom meeting and we weren't quite home. I love them :D.

We did some studies and calls the rest of the day. :)

Sunday! 
Church was good as usual! Miranda Sexton spoke which was pretty cool! So did Brother Yoose. XD He has a habit of telling unrelated stories. It was entertaining at least.

Second hour because it was a 5th Sunday was about family history!! It was really cool. :D Sister Hollingsworth shared the story about how her last name actually shouldn't be Hollingsworth. Don't remember what it was, but it got changed because her great, great, great grandpa was in an orphanage and all this stuff. It was a cool story to hear. 

After church we recorded our musical number!! Sister Cox played piano for us, and I think it went really well. My comps were mildly upset with me, because the reason we had to do this in the first place is because I'm very musical, and the ZLs told this to Sister Bugg, who then asked us to do the musical number. Neither of them would describe themselves as such. I disagree, and anyone who hears the recording would disagree as well. If I can get my hands on it, I will include the audio.

The rest of the day was pretty normal, calls and studies etc. We went to the Woods for dinner, and had this fun Chili dip and chips. They also had watermelon... and y'all already know I was all for that. They actually gave us a lot of leftovers. When we started to protest, not wanting to take all of their food from them, Sister Wood said she was happy to surrender the leftovers, and that, "if one of my girls were serving a mission, I would want people to take care of them." We couldn't argue with that one. We literally adore the members.

After we got home we had a call with Sister Hollingsworth's 2nd cousin who had some questions about the church!! He was really cool and actually reminded me of one of my friends. He talks a little more formal, with big words and such, and Sis. Holly was trying not to laugh, but I am quite used to it. XD I do the same occasionally. He was a very good conversationalist all the same.

Today!
We've mostly been chilling. We got invited over for dinner tonight at 5:30 so pday ends half an hour earlier than usual, (if not longer). The cool part about that is this is a family we've been trying to get in with for ages, and they just asked us to come over out of the blue!! What an absolute miracle. But yes, so I'm trying to make sure I get this done as fast as I can so it actually gets sent out. 

Today we also got Dino nuggies (Dinosaur chicken nuggets) from Aldis which is SICK!! We've been waiting for ages to get them, and we finally did. We're pretty hyped XD

That's about all! I love yous!! Thanks again for putting up with my crazy every week!! ๐Ÿ˜❤

We can do this!
¡Sรญ se puede! 
Peb Yeej Ua Tau!

Love
Sister Lovell

Link to the photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH8UuZNVov71FYot7

Link to the blog:
https://sisterhannahlovellwisconsin.blogspot.com/

1) Commission from an Elder in the Zone

2) Bunny in action

3) After a rainstorm

4) River flows in you(r backyard)

5) Card for friend. :) x2

5) Card for friend. :) x2

6) Weekly Memery

7) The comps ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment