Monday, June 6, 2022

Nostalgia 🍅🥒

How on earth is it pday again?? I swear it comes by faster every time. Aaaaanywho!! Hello everyone! Welcome back to the lengthy weekly dramatized edition of my life as a missionary in Platteville Wisconsin. This week flew by because it was crazy busy, so let's hop to it!!


Tuesday!!
As per usual, Tuesday was the most boring day of the week. I don't remember what really went on except that we found someone that evening!! His name is Luc, and he is pretty cool. :D

Wednesday!!
Wednesday we had to drive to Dodgeville after lunch, because we were having District Council. But this time there was a bonus guest at the Masonic Lodge. President and Sister Murphy!!! It was actually the coolest. They were there to do in person interviews with President for the last ones. T.T [sad face] It was really cool to do them in person. We also took pictures with the district and President and Sister Murphy afterwards!! President took them, so we're attempting to acquire them at the moment. (Pres is kinda busy sometimes, so if I don't get them before I send the email out, I'll just add them to the album when I do.)

After DC, the Verona Sisters asked us if we wanted to go to lunch with them. We said sure of course, because CULVER'S! So we went to Culver's together, and I got to talk to Sister Barrus a bit which was FABULOUS!! I miss her loads. ❤ 

That evening after dinner we had mutual which was pretty awesome!! It was just s'mores around a campfire at the Sexton's. We also sang some girls camp songs, which, for anyone who has ever been to girls camp, you already know the shenanigans that went down there. XD (Midnight train, Georgie, Sippin Cider, etc whom?? Certainly not I) 😳😆🤣 Man, I miss young women's.

Thursday!!
Thursday was Ruby's Pantry again!! How have I already been here for this 4 times?? Man, I'm getting old. Funny story about that actually, in my interview with Pres, he told me that I am "-one of the more senior missionaries in the mission now, believe it or not." I just sat there bug-eyed thinking, Pardon??

Anyways, Ruby's Pantry was good! It was all outside this time which was interesting. Brooks and his daughter Scarlett were there! We got to say hi. We still miss them. :'( Maybe one day he'll want to learn more again.

Friday!!
Friday was CDC!! That was awesome! We got there at 9:30 so we could all hop on Friday Finding Forum together as a Zone again. It was pretty awesome. Got some good notes from that one.

CCD itself was pretty incredible as well!! For the opening song we sang an ancient hymn not in the hymnbook anymore called Hark! Listen to the Trumpeter. Or something? Anyways, none of us knew the melody of course, but luckily Sister Cutler is good at piano, and I am good at sight reading. (So is my DL ((district leader)) apparently. Elder Beck was in choir as well, which was made known to me only like, yesterday. Choir buddies! Choir buddies everywhere!!!) 

Lol anyways, Elder Herschi called me out for leading everyone in finding the melody which was mildly awkward, but also... ego boost anyone? XD (Yet another shoutout to @Mr. Curtis for that one. Also my mom for teaching me how to sight read for piano. That one helped as well.) XD 

Anyways, we talked about how to adjust as we are gaining a new Mission President, and we used some of the war chapters in Alma in the Book of Mormon for a parable of sorts for it. And mAN if I don't  love the war chapters!! They're awesome. Idk what everyone else is complaining about, that's where the real action is. XD

Got some fun pictures for CDC which will of course be included as well. The eating as a Zone rule was still in place, so we happily got Culver's again. XD I am SO close to having 10 scoopie tokens to get a Curdis stuffy. Yes, I will send pictures when I get him. :D

After we got home we did some weekly planning and studies before doing some calls.

Saturday!!
Boy oh boy, this was a long day. It started half an hour earlier (as far as having to be ready earlier) because we were helping Sister Green in her garden. We did some weeding in her landscaping... idk yard terms man. Like the section with plants that's a strip in the backyard along the back fence.

Anyways, the funniest part about all of this, is that when we got there it had just started to rain. So she asked us "How do you sisters feel about getting wet?" We of course replied that we loved it. Which as a matter of fact I do! (For the most part lol, but we'll get to that.)

So! We got to work! Weeding and digging and hoeing!! Twas good stuff!! Got to watch a goofy squirrel being a spaz in the next yard over for a bit which was super entertaining. We kept going, and then it started to rain harder, and then it started pOURING. About this time is when we had to leave anyways, so we finished up what we were doing and then asked if we could share a quick thought. She said yes. (Only reason we asked is because even though it's service and we're not supposed to ask after service, she's a member, and she will ask us if we don't ask her.)

We shared the thought, and then she and Sister Hollingsworth proceeded to have a very deep conversation about what the member's concerns were with the church. Meanwhile, Sister Stewart and I, who both don't have sufficient rain jackets, (wind breakers work as rain jackets in Idaho and Utah, but NOT in Wisconsin) are just standing there. Reason being? We were drenched —aBSOLUTELY soaked— and standing there freezing our butts off. We both agreed later that we barely had it in us to keep upright. Sister Hollingsworth had a good legit rain jacket, so she was mad chilling. Let me tell you, there is a vast difference between 'mad chilling', and just straight 'chilling'. Sister Stewart and I were neither. XD We were just wet. Wet and freezing.

Anywho, so then we booked it home, IN THE RAIN, because we thought it was a good idea to walk for whatever reason. XD It was fun I'm not going to lie, but I also thought my hands were going to freeze off.

After we sufficiently warmed up (that's a lie, we were cold the rest of the day) and changed into pros [proselyting clothing], we had a SPF, so we drove to that which went well!! This week we actually had 12 SPFs in total. We didn't quite hit our goal of 15, but we did come close. (For reference, SPF stands for Short, Powerful, and Frequent, or member lessons)

After that, we went home and changed BACK into our mildly wet service clothes to head out to Celeste's and help her with her yard again!! This time we helped her with moving some potted plants outside for the summer. She has some big potted plants, and lots of them. Her house and yard is GORGEOUS let me tell ya.

And then!! After that, we had to book it back home and change BACK into pros to go to dinner at the Cox's!! Dinner was fabulous! It was pork chops, which... my stomach will be angry at me probably for the next bit, but boy if they weren't excellent! Also their mashed potatoes?? 😍 to dIE for! Specifically the gravy is what made them that way lol. But ya know. XD We love the Coxes.

We had a few more calls that evening, as well as we decided to make brownies!! We dropped them off to some members who are going through a hard time right now. Also our neighbors just cause! Everyone super appreciated it as far as we could tell. :D

Sunday!!
Church was excellent!! It was fast Sunday, and it's always cool to hear everyone's testimonies, and to see who will go up. Sometimes it's the same people repeatedly, and other times it's new people!! My favorite is the kids. They're always super excited and happy to share that they know the church is true. :)

After church we talked to the Robinson family for a bit before leaving. I talked to their son, who actually started actively responding for the first time! Mostly he doesn't say a whole lot. I was happy to continue talking with him and one of his sisters for a bit. Progress!! :D

After church I took a nap during lunch, which was fabulous.

Then we had studies for a while, and then we went on a walk! On our walk we checked the mail for the first time in a few days, and I HAD MAIL!! Shout out to @Natalie for the necklace and card!! I love it!!! :D

After we got back from our walk, we headed to the Wood's for dinner. We did a super fun activity with them. It was rather like the Green Glass Door game, (if you know you know, if not.... ask my dad. XD) But instead with Noah's ark!! It was a super fun lesson activity, and as people figured it out, they got pretty excited. XD. 10/10 would use it again. (2/10 wouldn't do Green Glass Door without knowing the rule again. That took me forEVER to figure out. XD)

Today!
This morning started off slow, but quickly hit a speed ramp, which shot us off into the day. We initially were planning to just chill out at our apartment but that all changed when we got a call at approximately 8:30a asking us to come help a member with some service. We said yes of course, and got out of bed and did some morning things. Then we got a call from a DIFFERENT member who had arrived early and wanted us to come help right away, instead of later when we had initially been planning. So we sped through the rest of our morning necessities before booking it over.

We got it done fairly quickly but ended up doing a little more than asked to try and save the poor woman some work when she got home. Got to deal with her crazy cat again. XD I love that thing, (it's a cat, what do you expect) but the other sisters are quite scared of it. XD It's rather hilarious actually. ...the cat did put the woman's husband in the hospital tho... so I was a little more careful not to get bit this time. 

DISCLAIMER!! The cat doesn't have rabies or anything, just if you get enough cat/dog saliva in a wound it can cause some problems if you don't take care of it with antibiotics and such. There were other things going on with the poor guy, but that was definitely a contributing factor.

ANYWHO, the rest of pday thus far has been pretty chill. Got our shopping done finally! Shopping takes entirely too long. Not a particular fan. We got Subway and then headed home!! And I've been working on my email since!! Woot! XD

Anyways, that's about it from this week!! Pretty busy week, but then again, they usually are. This next one is no exception either. 😳 Look forward to that I guess lol.

Love you's!! ❤️ Thanks for reading this week's email!! Hope to hear from you's soon!!

PS, the email title was inspired by this week's Come Follow Me scripture study. We're in Judges reading the story of Samuel, as well as Gideon. This next week is the story of Ruth and Naomi. All three have correlating VeggieTales movies, of which I am nostalgically missing at this very moment.

We can do this!
¡Sí se puede! 
Peb Yeej Ua Tau!

Love
Sister Lovell

Link to the photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH8UuZNVov71FYot7

Link to the blog:
https://sisterhannahlovellwisconsin.blogspot.com/

1) Silly meme

1) Silly meme x2 

2) CDC 

3) CDC chaos

4) Sister Royalty 👑

5) (Maybe DC with Pres and Sister Murphy? )

No comments:

Post a Comment