Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Expecting miracles!! ...and a second. 🤯😃

Good morning, my wonderful friends and family!! And happy Tuesday!! This week has been... a week, man. It's been crazy. So, best to just hop right on into it!


Monday!!
After I finished writing my email, we were oFF to go shopping, and then we headed out to Mt. Horeb!! It was a good approx. hour drive, and I love long drives? So that was fantastic!!

We started off at a park and sat on the playground for a bit. I got to talk to Sister Barrus on the swings for a while which was fantastic. I love her.

After that we headed over to the pavilion, and the Verona Sisters pulled out some cupcakes. Reason being, it was Elder Beck's birthday!!! He turned 20, so the Verona Sisters had like 24 cupcakes but 20 candles. That... was kinda a grey area... we're not supposed to mess with fire as missionaries, but birthday candles?? Grey area. It was mildly concerning how long it took to light them. XD quite chaotic if I do say so myself.

Anyways, so we sang to Elder Beck, he blew out the candles, and then we ate the cupcakes. (I want cake rn [right now], dang it. XD) They were good cupcakes! It only took Sister Anderson and Stewart like 5 years to finagle out of him what flavor of cake and frosting he wanted. XD {Vanilla cake, chocolate frosting}

After that we wandered around Mt. Horeb in the rain and took pictures with a bunch of troll statues. It was awesome. XD We went out to eat afterwards at the Grumpy Troll which is a pub and brewery there in town. It was fantastic. Every brewery in Wisconsin has their own Root beer, so I got theirs. It was good! Tasted a bit like 1919 which we had a few weeks ago from Sister Robinson. (Culver's is still superior.)

After that we headed back to the pavilion at the park to play some board/card games. We were initially going to play Jumanji because the Elders had and brought it. Unfortunately, it didn't come with instructions, and none of us had played before, so we had to pass on that one. We ended up deciding on a game I brought. You may have guessed it.... S'Quarrels!! Yes! The game my dad made! It was a lot of fun, and once people caught on, I no longer had "only person who knows how to play" advantage and quickly lost. XD not an unfamiliar feeling. (I don't often win, as my lack of attention span for such things [as watching for the Hoard card] puts me at a disadvantage.)

We went over to the Robinson's again that evening which was fun; we got to tell them about the Grumpy Troll root beer. XD We also played DIY Telestrations [party game] with them for an object lesson about the apostasy and how things get mixed up over time. It was a lot of fun.

That was about it for Monday, I think!! Overall, it was a good day. :D

Tuesday!!
We had District Council that morning which was over Zoom, because we busted our miles the day before to go to Mount Horeb. We were walking missionaries the rest of the week. District Council went well, though! I did a musical number singing "I Will Walk with Jesus" which I think went well. Hard to tell over technology, but it was the best it was going to get for a last minute musical number.

It was definitely bittersweet because we kinda figured it would be our last with all of us here. (Ya know, transfers being tomorrow and all.) But I always love getting together with the district.

We had initially planned to go over to Dawn's house to help her clean for service, but she was still sick, so that was cancelled. We had a ride and everything which was rather impressive as it's quite far. 

But that evening we went to the Johnson's for dinner which is a lot of fun. We got to hold their baby kittens!! They're SO tiny!! They hadn't even opened their eyes yet! :3 [🥹] Unfortunately don't have pictures of that one. Before we left, they also gave us some homegrown strawberries! They were absolutely delicious. 🍓

So, funny story about Tuesday, our washer had worked enough for almost all of our loads to wash, before eating literally 5$ of quarters. So we had to call the landlord again. He said he'd get our quarters back, and that there were 3 washers in the building next to us. :o wHAT. Since when??? but by then we had already contacted a member, and they told us we could wash our laundry there, so we didn't want to cancel. It was the Greens! They're the best. So we went over and did the last load. Lucky for Sister Stewart, because she did it there, she got hers dried as well, so she didn't have to have her laundry hanging all over the apartment foe the next day and a half. XD

Anyways, long story short, we did laundry there, and shared an SPF! 

We also had a [virtual] lesson with Sister Holly's cousin while we sat at the park. It went pretty well, but he had to leave for dinner partway through.

Wednesday!
Wednesday was pretty chill. We had mutual and a few calls and that was about it. For mutual it was at the Cox's house. They were learning how to bake! There were also only 2 youth there. Shell Cox and Michael Black. Plus their moms who were leading the activity. We didn't even get to stay the whole time because we had a lesson, so we didn't get to have any of the delicious dessert. :'(

Haha fun story about the walk tho, when we left our house, the sky was clear, and it was pretty warm! By the time we were about halfway there, it was POURING. I had had the foresight to bring an umbrella, so I was chillin, but let me tell you.... by the time we got there we were drenched all the same. I was wearing a skirt over a dress, so my skirt was soaked, and my dress was dry. I just took my skirt off when we got to mutual so I wasn't dripping all over their house. Sister Holly didn't want to use her umbrella.... so needless to say she was quite wet. XD It was insane.

Bonus points, mutual was almost cancelled because it was tornado weather, and we had tornado watch, but not a warning of one being sighted yet... yep. It was an adventure. It was pouring and thundering ALL OVER! It was INSANE. Lotsa fun tho!! :D (crazy video included.)

Thursday!
Thursday wasn't particularly interesting. We had Zone devo and a few lessons and SPFs. The most exciting thing about the day was that we had a Bible study with our friend Diane at a park!! The initial park we had planned to meet at ended up having some crazy community music festival at it or something, so we found the nearest park and met there instead. We talked about David and Goliath, and it went really well!! I'm going to miss her. (But now I'm getting ahead of myself lol.)

Friday!
Friday morning we went to St. Mary's Catholic church and helped with another food pantry!! It went pretty well, except that I got 2 cardboard cuts on my fingers, and a cut from the metal cart as well. They're all healed now, but boy did it hurt. I had my right had covered in bandaids. (Only two, but still.)

Then we had weekly planning! Which we somehow miraculously got done in one afternoon. Which was good because again... transfers.

That night for dinner, we had planned to walk to Culver's and then go to an SPF, but as the sweetheart that she is, she invited us over for dinner. We had planned to go to Culver's for dinner on Wednesday as well, which is when the SPF was initially planned, but that didn't work out either. Culver's just kept getting delayed. XD it was crazy. But we went over and had pizza with the member and her cute little baby, and it was the best.

Saturday! 
Saturday morning we had District devo. Which went really well, (I shared the thought lol) even tho Verona wasn't able to come.

After that, we headed over to the church building to help the Merkles clean it. We did the windows and doors. I saw far too many spiders for comfort. Otherwise it was pleasant! It was good to talk with Sister Merkle!!

Cool thing, they took us out for lunch afterwards!! :o which they totally didn't have to do! We just wanted to help them! They took us to a Mexican place, and it was pretty good!! The place in Lancaster is still my favorite lol.

The only other thing that happened that day was that the Coxes invited us over for dinner!! We had BBQ chicken which they grilled on their nice little grill thing outside! It was fun to sit outside in the shade and just talk with them over dinner. I love them so much.

Sunday!
I swear church this Sunday was the longest church I have ever sat through. Sunday evenings is when we find out if we're going to be training, so the whole day seemed to go in slow motion.

Eventually we got home, and we did studies, etc. We had dinner and made some calls. Around 8:00p Sister Stewart gasped. I looked over, and she was nearly in tears. She freaked out because sHE HAD GOTTEN THE EMAIL!! I checked mine of course and nearly died because I GOT ONE TOO!!! Sister Holly checked just in case, and hoLY HECK SHE GOT ONE AS WELL!!! We honestly were wondering if it was a mistake, but we found out after mission prayer that yes, all three of us are training this next transfer. 🤯

So we all immediately started stress eating everything in the house. We didn't know ANYTHING except that all three of us were training. It was crazy.

Bonus points, and probably best part of the day, was that I got to talk to my family about it. They all tried guessing where I would be serving, and it was hilarious. I got to wish my Dad a happy Father's Day, which was the best!! 

Monday!
The stress levels all of us had this day were astronomical. We were all dying the whole stinking day.

We had to get our oil changed for our car, so that was fun at least. AND! Because of that oil change!! We got to go to Culver's beforehand for lunch!!! We were literally so hyped. We're also going today if anyone was wondering XD. Or at least that was the plan.

One of our friends works at Culver's, and he was there. It was interesting to say the least. XD He kept walking by the table to say hi. Good times.

Anyways, we finally got to the point where we could hop on the trainers meeting!! We received some advice on what to do, and then we found out where and what we were doing!!

Sister Stewart is staying in Platteville with her trainee.

Sister Hollingsworth is going to trio train in Brookfield.

And I am also going to be trio training up in Marshfield!! I'm pretty excited. :D My companion Sister Pearson was in my zone back in the Green Bay days, and we found out that we will have a week together before our trainee comes! It's a strange situation, but we are very excited!! But as far as the title of my email goes, it's because I'm expecting a second "child"!! Craziness.

Anyways, we texted several of the members to let them know, and the Coxes invited us over last night to say goodbye. 😥🥺❤️

When Monday Mission Miracles finally came around, we already knew what was happening to us, so we weren't paying too much attention. XD It was kinda nice actually. Just to watch everyone else's chaos.

Tuesday!
So today is both chaotic and chill at the same time. It's mostly been packing, but we also visited the Greens, stopped at a popcorn shop, ate at Jimmy John's (not Culver's :'( ) and went shopping. The rest of the day will consist of packing like crazy. I had mostly finished yesterday, but I had laundry to do first, so I'm finishing that up today. It should be pretty great though; I'm looking forward to the upcoming transfer!! :D

That's all, folks!! Thanks again for reading my emails; I'd love to hear back from you!! :D

I love you all!! ❤️

We can do this!
¡Sí se puede! 
Peb Yeej Ua Tau!

Love
Sister Lovell

Link to the photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH8UuZNVov71FYot7

Link to the blog:
https://sisterhannahlovellwisconsin.blogspot.com/

I don't have the mental capacity nor the time to label the photos today, but feel free to check 'em out if you wanna. :) Love yous!!

















No comments:

Post a Comment