Monday, July 11, 2022

Baptism!! 🌊

Good morning my wonderful amazing people!! This week has been a good one!! I actually have a chill pday for once, so I can not panic while writing this!


Monday!
The 4th, mostly wrote about it last week, but for dinner we went to that one member's house out in Neilsville, and just as expected we didn't get out of there until like 8:45p. They talk a lot, and it's very hard for us to get a word in edgewise XD. It was fun though!

We had the first Monday Mission Miracles with President Hansen that night; we had it while we were driving home, because... yeah. Neilsville is kinda far. But it was awesome!! I'm so excited for President and Sister Hansen!! They're darling. ❤️

Tuesday!!
Tuesday was fantASTIC!! We got to meet President and Sister Hansen in person, and it was amazing!! We had a mini zone conference, but less intense; it was just get to know you, and a discussion. I'm so grateful for them!!!

We spent most of our day driving, haha. Green Bay is 2 hours away, so we left early and came back around dinner time.

With that, though!! I got to go back to Green Bay!!! I almost cried; it was the best!!!

Wednesday!!
We had a bAPTISM THIS DAY!! it was the BEST ever!!!! Eliana is so sweet, and her parents, sister, and grandparents were there to support her even if they are of another faith. We actually got to talk to her sister, and she said that this is all Eliana has been talking about all week. That was literally so precious, and it made us smile. :) It went very smoothly. We taught the Restoration to everyone while she was getting dressed afterwards, and it went really well!! I might've been shaking like a leaf, but it still went well. 

We had two of Eliana's friends from the ward who were there bear their testimonies about Jesus Christ at that part of the lesson. It was epic. :D Eliana was so happy afterwards. She's literally so cute. Her boyfriend baptized her, and the only reason she was baptized when she was is because she wanted him to do it. Otherwise she would've waited until college when she didn't have to ask her parents. But we were SO excited she did it when she did. ❤️

Thursday!!
We had another lesson with the cute family! We talked about some commandments, and we asked them if they'd want to be baptized! Fun part, they said yes, but.... not in our church. 🤦🏼‍♀️ I was devastated. We will still be teaching them and working with them to try and help them to continually build their testimony of the gospel, and to try and help them understand, but that was sad. We walked out of their house feeling a little defeated ngl [not gonna lie].

That night we had dinner with the Smiths which was fun! They made lasagna, which it was good! But... nothing beats Dad's lasagna, and that's just facts. They were really sweet tho!! We enjoyed our time there. :)

Friday!
We had our first Friday Finding Forum with President and Sister Hansen which was awesome!! It was really cute because they didn't know what they were doing, or really what it was. XD The APs mostly lead it.

The only other exciting thing that day was that we went to the church building to work on the Flock Tracker. Basically it's just a Google Sheets (like Excel but on Google) with all the members that we can keep up to date with all the less actives we're working with and share with the ward leadership so they can see what we're up to. :) While we were there we were just typing names, and adding a few other things to it. :)

After that we went out to eat at Culver's! My favorite place to eat out in the state of Wisconsin! :D It was delicious, as usual.

Saturday!
Oh gosh, so Saturday was a DAY. Morning was casual, but in the afternoon we were going to something called Heritage day, which is basically a pioneer thing at the park that some of the ward members in Neilsville have set up with a bunch of different activities.

(There's actually a crap ton of church history behind it that I had no idea about. Look up the Mormon loggers if you're interested. It kinda explains why we don't have a temple here yet. 😲 If you can't find it, email me, and I'll send out a description of what we were told.)

They wanted us to help, so we went, and we made rope, and dressed up as pioneers, tried walking on stilts, looked at the displays; I don't know why they wanted our help, maybe just to make it look like there were more people interested in it? Idk. Anyways, it was fun!

There was also a rock sale thing going on in the upper half of the park, so we went over there at one point, and I bought a really cool rock ring! I'll add a picture of it because I'm rather fond of it. 

After that, we ate at Hardy's on the way home. (Carl's Jr, but different name, I guess). There weren't too many other options in Neilsville, and Sister Pearson worked at Carl's Jr in Utah, so she knew the menu and told us what to get. XD I got chicken tenders that were actually pretty good!

We had a few lessons that night, but that was about it.

Sunday!
Church was awesome as usual! Haha funny story, we had been told that there was going to be ward council before church, but when we got there, they told us it was actually next week. 🤦🏼‍♀️ So we went back home because we were an hour and a half early for church, and we didn't want to chill in the car for that long.

Once we were actually at church though, it went well. Eliana was recognized as the newest member of the ward, and we were sitting there beaming. :D

One of the McKee's twins just got home from his mission, so he had his homecoming speech. It was really good! I'm pretty sure he's younger than me... it was strange. 

Anyways, after church, we were sitting at home trying to plan what to eat for dinner and we got a call from the Filimauas, and they invited us over for dinner!! It was nothing short of a miracle because we had no idea what we were going to eat!

Dinner was awesome. They have the friendliest cat I have ever met in my entire life. Also their 1 year old is so cute!! I found out that Brother Filimaua served in the Seattle WA mission, and that was cool!! He said the mission covered Lynnwood, even if he didn't serve there. :D So cool!

We also had a few lessons throughout the day. :) Good stuff!!

Today!!
Today is literally so chill. I have no idea what we're up to. Probably shopping and post office, and that's pretty much it I think. I'm happy about it though. I have a few artistic endeavors I would like to spend some time on. XD

Anyways! That's all folks!! I hope you's have an amazing week! Never forget how grateful I am for each and every one of you!!

Love yous!

We can do this!
¡Sí se puede! 
Peb Yeej Ua Tau!

Love
Sister Lovell

Link to the photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH8UuZNVov71FYot7

Link to the blog:
https://sisterhannahlovellwisconsin.blogspot.com/

Pictures!! Finally back at it!

1) Sister Pearson ft. Dog

2) Only Wisconsin....

3) G R E E N   B A Y!!!!!

4) Hike pic!

5) Massive hornet nest outside our back door. (It's blurry because that stinking hornet started flying at me and I freaked.)

6) Eliana's baptism!! What a cutie!! 🌊❤️

7) 3 cuties ft. cough drops cause we got sick


8) This is truth

9) This is truth 2.0

10) We're pioneers now

10) We're pioneers now x2

11) My new favorite meme

12) my epic ring

No comments:

Post a Comment