Monday, July 18, 2022

"Does this make me look fat?"

"Yes, it does"

"[Thank you]!"

...few of you will know what that's from [Liken's "Nephi & Laban" movie], but that's okay. The title will again make sense later. 😆

GUTEN MORGEN EVERYONE!! It's been a pretty awesome week, so that's always exciting! :D I swear, time flies by; we're halfway through the longest transfer possible already, and I'm honestly not quite sure how that's happened.

Anyways, let's get right on into it, eh?

Monday!
It was in fact pretty chill! We did however do a crap ton of shopping, even though we didn't buy much.

We went to Walmart, Target, Joann's, and of course Culver's.

We actually bought one of the friends we're teaching a kids meal and a burger for her and her daughter because they're sick and can't leave the house or really make anything. She appreciated it immensely, but we'll get back to this story a bit later.

Otherwise it was mega chill. Finished my email by 9:30 am (that was the best), and all around just chilled! I actually got to email some friends individually for once!! It was awesome. :)

Tuesday!! 
Tuesday was Zone Conference!! We had to get up at 5:00-5:30a to shower and get ready for it because it was in Green Bay, (yes again haha) which is 2+ hours away, so we had to leave at 6:30a. O.o it was a wild morning, let me tell ya. Being halfway to Wausau by 7 in the morning was insane.

Zone Conference itself was incredible!! I quite literally adore President and Sister Hansen, and I am very very grateful for them. I was blessed to sit in the front and center row with my comps! We actually got there late for being early, but still early, and there was no one there, whereas most of the other seats were full. So it was more likely that no one else wanted to sit there 😆. That's okay with me! I can't pay attention very well unless I am in the middle of the action, so I appreciated it. 

Anyways, it was cool to see the difference between President and Sister Murphy's Zone Conference trainings, vs the brand new President and Sister Hansen's trainings. It was really cute to see how new they were, and they kept asking if we clapped. XD Every time someone would share an insight, they had us clap, or snap, or do snapping "fireworks". XD They asked us at several points if we could tell they were teachers. XD It was darling.

But yeah! Zone Conference was awesome!! I also got to see some old district buddies from a few transfers ago and have them sign my year book, and that was awesome. :)

After the conference, we went on exchanges again! This time I got to be with Sister Skousen and Sister Pearson in the Marshfield area! It was so fun! Sister Skousen is my mission grandma, or in other words, she trained my trainer! I'm so excited to have her in the zone! In my training I heard all about her; it was awesome. ❤️

Exchanges went well too, so that's always good news. 🙃

We actually found someone that night!! He's from Green Bay, but boy is he cool! It was awesome! We also had a few other lessons. :)

Wednesday! 
We finished up the exchange with studies and then some street contacting!! We talked to about 5-6 people, but none were interested. Cool story about street contacting actually, so we've been emphasizing it, specifically at zone conference, and we decided to do as much as possible. We had 5 minutes to do so on Tuesday, and I felt like instead of heading towards the street we should go to the other row of apartments by the garages. 

It kinda looked a little boring, but there were again, several people back there to talk to which was SO COOL!! We literally only had five minutes, and we got to talk to probably 5 different people!! It was awesome. The Spirit speaks as we listen, folks!!

After the street contacting we did, we headed out to.... idk someplace far like Neilsville, but the other direction towards Wausau. Maybe Roseville? Idk XD but we went out to the Englebretson's who were having a lunch with "the squad". Basically there's a group of old ladies in the ward who get together for lunch once a month or something, and they invite the Sisters to join. (That's us)

The whole time they talked about politics which was rather awkward, and rather hilarious at the same time. We'd ask a gospel related question during the spiritual thought we shared at the end, and someone said, "I just don't know why good faithful members of this church would vote for _____ " and Sister Skousen, Pearson and I were like, uhhhhh what?? Won't go into it more than that, because then I would be discussing politics, but anyway, we were rather confused as to how we got from sharing the gospel to politics again in .2 seconds. (Sister Orozco said she wasn't sad she missed it. XD)

After that we exchanged back, and I got my child back!! (Sister Orozco) I was sad to see my grandma go though, haha. :D

That evening we had a member meal with the Ellesworths!! They're darling, and their house is gorgeous. We had a good time over there. Haha we just had pizza, and honestly I was pretty happy about it. XD

We shared a spiritual thought with them and then headed to mutual!!

At mutual we painted rocks, which was a lot of fun. I'll include a picture of the one I kept. 

Thursday!!
Thursday was pretty chill actually. We had a few lessons, weekly planning, and then dinner with the McKees!! They also have a beautiful home!! Eliana was there, which was awesome!!!! :D She wasn't planning to be, but work got cancelled on her for once, so she showed up. Haha David (her boyfriend) walked in from working in the yard with his brother and dad, and was like, "Eliana?? When did you get here?" It was honestly pretty funny. It's pretty awesome that she's just that comfortable with their family, though. She's basically an additional child at this point. XD They have 9; why not make it an even 10??

It was a lot of fun. We had them do a roleplay of talking to a friend naturally about the gospel, but we did an example first. I was the odd man out so I just got a front row seat to the awkward of watching my comps pretend to be normal people. (News flash, once you're on your mission for more than a couple months, you no longer grasp the concept of what "normal people" do, or what's even going on in the world. XD

The good news, is that they were entertained. XD We had them do one as well, and it was David, the one leaving on a mission... well, today is actually his first day of Home MTC, so that's exciting. But he, and his older brother Josh, who JUST GOT BACK from his own mission do it. Josh was the friend inviting, and David was the non-member. ....yeah Josh doesn't know how to be a normal person yet either. XD He got back like two weeks ago. XD He sounded exactly like a missionary. It was quite entertaining.

Anyways, we left their home, laughing in our car because of how awkward that was, but as Sister Pearson says, "that's okay, we'll find true love one day." One day my friend... one day.

Friday!
We had the Friday mission-wide call, and that's always awesome. It's so fun to see everyone. Talked about some good stuff, good ways to find, etc, and it was pretty fire.

Friday was honestly pretty chill as well. We did studies, went to the church building to work on the Flock Tracker, (basically just a file to tell the member leadership what we're doing with the members) and got KFC which was pretty good actually. Not for often, but for every once in a while.

We also had a Book of Mormon study with this girl we're not teaching, but who just likes to meet with us. Not interested in church, just studying the Bible and occasionally the Book of Mormon. 🤷🏼‍♀️ She's pretty sweet tho!

Saturday!
Saturday was not chill. It was crazy! We had a lot going on. We had studies in the morning, but as soon as those were over, the chaos began. 

We had lunch at the Blue Heron Brew Pub with Sister Calli! It was the first time we had met her in person. Her life circumstances prevent her from coming to church. But we were able to meet for lunch because someone was able to take her place at home and help her husband while she was gone.

She's super sweet and very talkative. :) We had a great time. The food was quite good, but every time I have a wrap, I think back to Café de Coco in Nampa, and man, nothing can compare with that place. I miss it.

Anyways, after that we had planned to stop by one of our friends houses, but we somehow lost her address. So we just visited members in the area. This proved to be a blessing!! We stopped by this one member named Gale, and he's a cute single old man, and we had a good discussion with him. We're planning to stop by again next week. 

We also stopped by this other family's house. They're really cute. It's the Bauers. They're a young married couple, and it was awesome to finally meet them!! :D

After that we went back to the church building to work on the Flock Tracker. 

Okay so.... this was the stupidest, most awkward thing to happen to us. We arrived and there were two guys there, but they were leaving so we could stay. When we walked in, we dropped our bags in the family history center (FHC) and headed to the bathrooms. That's when we met up with the guys. They said they'd just finished cleaning up the building and were headed out. They did so, and we headed back to the FHC only to find that the door had been closed... with the keys inside!! As well as my phone with the SIM card in it. 😳 

Luckily we still had the two other phones, and we called Sister Brunson over Facebook to ask her to rescue us. She said she was presently shopping but her son Ian could get us out. We then called him over fb [Facebook]. He drove over and unlocked the FHC door and then showed us that there was a set of keys in a lockbox outside and showed us how to get into it in case this happened again.

....Ian's been avoiding us ever since. XD It's actually really funny. We tried to thank him on Sunday, and he didn't even look at us and said "yep no problem" before we even finished saying what it was we were thankful for. XD Eh, that's okay. He can't avoid us forever. (He joins in lessons sometimes)

We were only there a bit before having to head back out for an SPF. It was with Sister Larson, and she's a cute little old lady who we visit once a week, and to whom we send chapters to read twice a day. She's darling. It went well. :)

After that we worked on the Flock Tracker again before heading to the Freeman's for dinner. That was so fun! They're a fun family. We had a good time there, and I left stuffed. Haha I didn't catch onto the social cues that the oldest boy there was not their son but actually their oldest daughter's boyfriend. XD After we left my comps informed me of this, and it made a lot more sense. XD

Sunday!!
We had ward council which went well!! This is a pretty great ward! Just waiting on a ward mission leader, but that's okay. We'll get one soon I'm sure.

Church itself was very good!! It was ward conference, and that was pretty cool. Lotsa people there!! Not much to report on it I guess haha.

After church we went home and ate some lunch because we were starving. Didn't eat a lot though because of... well, you'll see.

We had a few lessons that afternoon, and some studies before we had dinner at 5:30! It was at the Ashby's, and they're pretty cool! It was a lot of fun actually! They had chicken and mashed potatoes, and let me tell you... it was good stuff. I miss potatoes. We have some at the apartment, but we don't ever have time to make them. 🥲 (Pretty sure they haven't gone bad yet.... we've decided to keep them in the fridge this time.)

Anyways, right after the Ashby's, we headed to our next appointment at 7:00! Which... was also a dinner. You might be beginning to catch on, which is good, because this is the last meal I have to report on haha. Basically we had a lot of member (or non-member in this case) meals this week. As Sister Pearson would say, we felt pretty "thick".

Anyways, we got there and walked in the door, and I immediately could tell what we would be eating. Yep... pork. 😅 I figured I was pretty much dead already. But miraculously, my stomach felt fine! It may have been because I was drinking 7up with it, which I've used as a stomach settler before... so the pork would've been terrible if I hadn't accepted the cure to drink! ...I need to invest in more sprite.


We also read Alma 40 with them about the Plan of Salvation, and they were able to explain it back to us so that's good!! :D

On our way out we got a sad text from our friend Katie, (the one we brought food to) saying that she's just really busy and wants to take more time to spend with her mom so she won't be able to come to church or meet anymore. T.T We were quite sad about that one.

We got home just in time to hop on the Mission Prayer call and then head to bed! I did however watch an episode and a half of the Chosen before bed tho haha. (Finally in Season 2!!)

Today!!
Today is pretty chill again I think, we're just planning to clean up the house and go shopping. We're also planning to stop by Webbers creamery, and snag some ice cream. The members keep talking about it, and it's supposedly cheap, so we're finally going to go!! That'll be pretty fun!! :D

Anyways, I love yous, and I hope you're having an amazing Monday and an amazing week!! Never forget my friends, God loves you!! So infinitely!! ❤️

and I love you too.
 (\_/)
 ( •.•)
 />❤️

We can do this!
¡Sí se puede! 
Peb Yeej Ua Tau!

Love
Sister Lovell

Link to the photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH8UuZNVov71FYot7

Link to the blog:
https://sisterhannahlovellwisconsin.blogspot.com/

Photos:
1) New pop socket based on my AmongUs name

2) Driving 🚗

3) Jesus is Lord!! 

4) Comp selfie in GB bathroom

5) Looking out on the Bay (not frozen this time)

6) Green!!

7) Beautiful picture of Christ 

8) "Getchur own acorns!!" 🌰🐿

9) Classic Wisconsin vibes

10) Wisconsin country roads

11) Proof I was there haha

12) Comp Selfie!! ❤️

13) Cute daughter

14) Tis I

15) The goofiest pic

16) Elder Hansen becomes an international pop star

17) the merch

18) .5 photo

18) .5 photo x2

19) Clouds ☁️

20) Spa night 😆

No comments:

Post a Comment