Monday, August 22, 2022

I Desire A Bear Hug ๐Ÿป

Wassup, my good peeps!! I hope y'all have had an epic week! I know this week's been an interesting one for me! At least as far as I remember lol. Here we go!!

Monday!

Monday was awesome, but crazy busy! The three main points were:

  • doctor's office 
  • lunch with the Kellers 
  • dinner with Talisa and the Boyacks!

The doctor's office was rather boring; I mostly just wrote emails to people. 

Lunch was great! We went to El Mezacal which is a fancy Mexican restaurant, and it was excellent! Funny story there, they wanted to buy us dessert, and we asked the waiter how big the fried ice creams were, and he said small, like single scoop of ice cream, so we all got our own. They came out the size of like... a softball? I think? In any case, they were massive, and mine is still chilling in the freezer. ๐Ÿ˜† 

Dinner was the singular best thing to happen all week. Our investigator/friend Talisa joined us at this member meal, and we played an EPIC tabletop game called "Here to Slay". It was a lot of fun, and I've already told my family they should check it out.

The best part about it, was that Talisa told us that it made her feel more a part of the church already. She doesn't really know everyone obviously, so it made her feel really welcomed. :)

Tuesday!

Tuesday was Zone Conference! We also had interviews with President Hansen before it started, (just our companionship) and that was pretty awesome as well!!

Zone conference was amazing as usual, and what was really cool, was that it was vastly different from how President Murphy did it this time. It was SO COOL!! Basically, they counted us off, and we went off into breakout rooms in the classrooms. We weren't with companions or anything, and it was honestly so exciting!! 

The only sad part of it all, was that Sister Hansen wasn't able to come because she broke her arm a few days prior, and was resting. If yous want to keep her in your prayers that would be such a blessing to her!!

Otherwise it was so fun! We even did the Dominating Preach My Gospel activity!! All the office missionaries helped come up with the questions, and it was so fun!! I got out pretty quickly on the scripture reference question... I'm no good at references. I can tell you what it says, and sometimes even where it is on the page! But... not the page itself or the scripture reference.

After zone conference was over, we went on exchanges!! Sister Pearson and I went with Sister Skousen to Wausau! Sister Jesperson and Sister Orozco covered the Marshfield area. It was fun! We played Uno, and I got to sign a card because I won a round! :D We also got protein shakes. Not a fan. If I want a textured shake next time, I think I'll just get a malt. XP

We actually had a member meal that night, and the Hmong Elders were there as well because they serve in the Wausau ward as well. It was so fun!! I ate a Hmong pepper again. Why I keep doing this to myself idk. I had a piece probably about the size of the white part of my pinkie fingernail. (Probably smaller actually... I have long nails.) 

Anyways, it was... just about as hot as I remember it being. Luckily we had milk. I have yet another video. It's included of course.

We also got to have a lesson with their recent convert, and he's so cool! He wants to serve a mission which is SO COOL! He's 21 I think? So he absolutely could!! :D

Wednesday! 

After we got back from the exchange we had dinner at home, and then went to mutual for the first time since I've been here. It was so fun! It was at one of the leaders' houses, and they were having s'mores! I just had a couple marshmallows lol. We also got to talk to the girls, specifically Eliana, and Sarah McKee. It was a lot of fun because I feel like I got to know Eliana a bit better which as AWESOME because I definitely want to keep in contact with her.

On a slightly less exciting note, all three of our lessons cancelled that evening which was disappointing.

Thursday!

We had lunch with the old ladies in the ward out at the Englebretsons. Which means our Friday dinner was cancelled because we do one or the other. :) We'll get to that. The lunch was great though! They had fish, but luckily Sis Englebretson remembers me and my dislike for such things, and she had another option. Which was.... pork. ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผ‍♀๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿคฃ SO! I had the choice between something that I STRONGLY dislike, and something that brings pain.

I chose pain.

Later we did some street contacting at the park by the zoo, and then IN the zoo as well. It's a free zoo, and it was pretty cool! I got to see some bears. ๐Ÿป They were darling. They were also 10 feet tall. That's insane. I still stand by my wish to one day receive a bear hug from a legitimate bear. ๐Ÿป We had fun there and will probably go back on a pday to actually explore the zoo.

After that we headed over to Ricky's house. He had invited us over for dinner and told us if we didn't bother to show, he'd never talk to us again. (You might recall me mentioning this in my last email.) So, we get there, and knock on the door! ...with no response. We knock three times and start to turn around to leave, but then his wife opens the door and says that he's sleeping. ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผ‍♀️ idk man. The good news is that his wife was nice! She wasn't interested though.

We decided to eat out at China Chef where one of Sister Pearson's FB friend works. He ended up being our waiter, which was hilarious. He was being really kind, and then one of his coworkers came over and asked if there was a problem, to which we responded, "no...?" And he left, then as our waiter, Gabriel/Gabe, walked into the back/kitchen, one of the other coworkers followed and asked him in a teasing tone, "Who are your friends, Gabe?" emphasizing friends as if we were girlfriends or something ๐Ÿ˜†. We just sat there like, yo... we just came for the food. (Also to say hi, but whatever, haha) He never came back out of the kitchen, and we received a new waiter. ๐Ÿคฃ

After dinner, we had a lesson with Eliana and Talisa! This was an awesome lesson because we were able to see where both of them were at while they were just talking to each other pretty much! Talisa is on date now as well!!! :o!! It was pretty much a perfect lesson. It was awesome.

We also had a lesson with Dean in the first time in a while. He'd kinda disappeared off the face of the earth since Sunday, but we got back in contact so that's good! Today was his first baptismal date, but we're having him pray about another because he's definitely not ready today.

Saturday!

The McGoverns came back and fixed our blinds. Huge blessing right there! The apartment already looks nicer because of it. ALSO! the fan in the bathroom works now!! They fixed it! Mega blessing! No more mold on the ceiling!!

Only reason I'm writing this is because it's probably the fanciest meal I've made in a while which is sad, but that's fine. I made myself some oven fries, and they were MEGA excellent!! ...Don't mind me, just downing two whole potatoes (in fry form) in five minutes. ๐Ÿ˜‹

We went and visited a bunch of the less active members in the Marshfield area that day, which was pretty fun! Not much came of it, but no effort goes wasted, right?

We had a couple SPFs that afternoon, and then we got word that our member meal that evening was cancelled as well. By this time we'd also received word that our Sunday member meal was cancelled as well. ...beginning to notice a pattern? Yeah... me too. ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿ˜ฅ We'd had meals set up for every day of the week except Wednesday. Tuesday's was moved to Sunday, which was moved to today, and was then cancelled again, so we're just sad. The rest of em just cancelled.

I'm pretty sure I just ate ice cream for dinner. Again. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผ‍♀๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘ˆ๐Ÿป

We had a lesson with Krysty!! We taught her the Restoration and she loved it!! :D

Sunday!

Sunday was good, we had Ward council at 8:00am, and that was pretty good, there was a little bit of beef started for a minute there about helping people who were "capable of helping themselves". We just sat there like, ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ˜ถ Luckily bishop resolved that. Thank goodness for bishops.

Church itself was amazing! Eliana spoke and she did amazing!! She moved me to tears a couple times. I love that girl. I'm going to be so sad when she leaves for college. Great news is if I stay even one more transfer I'll see her again in October! Elder Curtis, who is in home MTC rn [right now], spoke as well! He's pretty hilarious. He's headed to the Tacoma WA mission, so to all my Washington friends, if you see him say hi! (Not for at least a month lol) He's Spanish speaking though, so it might be a little difficult. But ya know. If you do see him.

Brother Filimaua also spoke, and that was amazing as well! Dean came to church which was great, but he barely made it in time for the talks, and only stayed the first hour as his daughter was being a tad rambunctious. We were so glad to see him there though!! 

After church we did studies, but this time we did comp outside at a park! The only problem was we chose the one park with no shade. ...oh well. We had a good study either way! We did some friending and messaging outside and some street contacting. 

At one point this guy I waved to came waltzing over and tried to tell us he knew what we were all about and he saw no truth in it. But good luck with the rest of our missions! It was kinda crazy.

We also had to go to the bathroom, but it was Sunday, so stores were out. There happened to be a Presbyterian church across the street with the doors wide open. So we went in, found and used the bathroom, and left. No one saw us, and no one knew we were there. It felt strange. We would've asked if we had run into someone, but we never did. We heard voices from rooms beyond where we went, but we didn't search them out or anything. It was kinda funny ngl [not gonna lie]. ๐Ÿ˜† Felt like being in a movie. Especially because the building was odd.

We did a prayer call and found Gabriel after dinner. Which was so funny after what happened with dinner on Friday. We're calling him tonight. 

And then Mission Prayer of course! Sister Cutler and Elder Anderson are headed home today they stayed to finish their full 18 month/2 years to the date instead of going by the transfer. I found it interesting that that was an option... ๐Ÿ‘€ Anyways, Elder Anderson said the prayer because of it. :D

Today!

Yet another unplanned pday, but I like it that way. We'll go shopping at some point, but rn, we're just chilling. :) 

I've been listening to a cool audio book recently put out by a church author. I've definitely enjoyed it so far!! Let me know if you're interested and I'll send it to you!

I hope yall are having a great day, and that you have a great week!! I love you all!!

 

We can do this!
¡Sรญ se puede!
Peb Yeej Ua Tau!

Love
Sister Lovell

Link to the photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH8UuZNVov71FYot7

Link to the blog:
https://sisterhannahlovellwisconsin.blogspot.com/

 

Pictures!:

1) A Wisconsin mountain??

Video. Click here: 2) Those Hmong Peppers


3) Cows! ๐Ÿ„

4) Meme of the week ft. Me

5) Bears! ๐Ÿป

6) Spot the difference

7) Bunny!

8) Black Squirrel!! (They're all over)

9) Face mask

10) Cool cottage core house

11) When you're behind a dentist...

12) Yummy shake!! (Not protein)

13) Me and the comps as DND characters... (I was bored okay?)

14) Until next week

No comments:

Post a Comment