Wassup peeps!! It's ya girl Sister Lovell back again for another round!! This week has been actually super awesome! We worked with members nearly every single day!! :D Well! Without further ado, let's get right into it!!
Monday
Last pday was in fact very chill. We went shopping and came home. That's about it. XD We just called family, cleaned house, did laundry, and wrote emails. I like emails XD.
My brother and I had a long call about pretty much just VeggieTales XD. Sounds like me and my family haha!
Tuesday
We had another District Council on Tuesday, and as it was the first one of the transfer we just did a testimony meeting again. It was pretty good!
Unfortunately we couldn't go out to lunch with the rest of the district because we went out to eat one too many times last week, so we were kinda broke. That's alright. Lesson learned I guess haha!!
We had a couple SPFs and lessons that evening as well. My favorite SPF was definitely the one with cute Sister Bauer! She and her husband are very young, early 20s I'd say, and they are less active because they live really far. There's probably other things that factor into that, but that's definitely the big one. They are also recent converts! It was a really cute lesson, and I hope that we can set up another time to talk with them, because they are the most darling young married couple alive. Or at least in the ward haha!
Wednesday!
Wednesday we also had a lot of SPFs! My favorite thing we did that day we probably that we heart attacked some members. We had 2 in mind, the Ratschs and the Griffins. We went to the Griffin's first, but someone pulled in the driveway right as we were putting the sticky stuff on the hearts in the car, so we decided to come back and do the Ratsch's first.
We got there and they were outside again, but when we flipped around to leave the cul de sac they were inside again. So we parked and sneaked over to the door. Before we could even pull the hearts our from behind our backs the two boys opened the door. We were CAUGHT!!! They said their mom wasn't home but would be any minute, so they helped us stick the hearts on the door, and we booked it.
We went back to the Griffin's, and the car was gone so we booked it to the door, stuck up the hearts, and booked it back to the car. I almost tripped face first onto the cement while running back. It was because there was a hole in the ground hidden by the grass. Nearly died, but didn't, so it was definitely a tender mercy there, but I think the Lord protected me if only because I'm a missionary rn [right now] and trying to do good and bring smiles. :D My life flashed before my eyes for a split second there, though! XD
Thursday!
Thursday was also a day of many SPFs!! We also had our weekly correlation meeting with our new Ward Mission Leader, which was yet again an hour and a half.
Funny story, on the way home we drove past the state fair which is currently in town. Unfortunately, the first day it was in town was Wednesday last week, and the last day was yesterday. So we were unable to go. π₯ That woulda been SO fun for today. Oh well π. (...just think of all the ridesssssss!!! π₯Ίπ₯ It's definitely better on my wallet though.... π€£)
We did have a lesson with a new person!! Her name is Christel. She was pretty cool! We taught the Plan of Salvation, and it went well!
The funniest thing about this was that during the whole lesson I was sitting on a stool that was broken in half. If I didn't move, it didn't fall apart on me, so I sat like a statue.
The other silly thing was I was sitting right in front of two fans. It was hot outside so I didn't feel cold, but what was happening, was that I couldn't hear anything anyone else was saying. I spoke pretty loud to make sure everyone could hear me, but I was worried that Christel couldn't hear my comps who were speaking very quietly.
Afterwards I asked if they thought she could hear them, because I could only barely hear, and they said yes, and that they were sure she could hear me too. π
We had several other lessons that day, including one with Dean. We've only been able to get ahold of Dean around once a week or so instead of the usual 3 times. Always on Thursday too. Not sure what's up there. He is a truck driver though, so I'm sure his reception isn't always perfect.
Friday!
Friday we took off with an excellent start! The Englebretsons decided to take us out for breakfast instead of having us over for dinner, and it was awesome! We went to Central Cafe, which is actually where the Steven's took us for Sister Pearson's bday my first pday here.
The best part?? All three of us missionaries ordered the same thing, and it was like a taste from home, just not quite as good, haha. It was strawberry stuffed french toast!!!! It was sO good!! I have a lot of practice eating this, and occasionally getting seconds, so I scarfed mine down VERY quickly. I finished even faster than Sister Pearson, which was surprising because I swear she eats at the speed of light. It was AWESOME! π
Most of our other SPFs cancelled that day, so we decided to do heart attacks again. This time we did the Curtis' and several less active members including our sweet Sister Larson whom we visit every week.
At the Curtis' we were trying to avoid being caught again, but their garage was open!! We drove past and no one was in the garage, so we sneaked past the garage and to the door. Sister Pearson and I got our 2 hearts each on the door and then their doggo Jax started barking like CRAZY!! We BOOKED it back to the car, and by the time we got in we realized Sister Orozco wasn't there, we turned around to look for her, and she got in the car. She had had 4 hearts instead of 2, and she had gone last. So we basically left her in the dust. π Luckily we weren't caught that time.
Sister Curtis did tell us later that she had pulled into the driveway and thought she saw us driving away. That keeps happening; it's kinda insane!
We also visited the CUTEST less active old couple, the Johnsons!! All I have to say about them, is that they are probably the most gentle, cute old couple I've ever met. They're also both very short. Both under 5 feet haha! So cute!! Idk how this came up, but we talked about fish fry, which is super popular here, and we said we'd never tried it, so cute Brother Johnson gave us 20$ to go get ourselves some. π₯Ί So... no matter how much premonition [prejudice] I have against fish, I will in fact be trying it because the cute old man gave us money to, and I won't be using that for anything BUT fish fry.
(Don't start cheering yet, I have to survive the experience first. π³πΆ)
That evening we had a member meal!! We met the Beazer's at Pizza Ranch, (rather similar to Idaho Pizza) and had a good time with them there!! They are recent move ins, and they are a heavily Spanish based family! It was really cool! Their dad served in South America and ended up marrying one of the girls from a family he helped teach and baptise!! Super cute!
The mom's older sister was with them as well, and she speaks pretty much exclusively Spanish, and on several occasions I tried to speak Spanish to her, but apparently my Spanish is worse than I thought because she kept laughing at me. π It was kinda hilarious actually. Oh well. I'm well aware my Spanish isn't up to par.
It was awesome to get to know them though!!
Saturday!
Okay, Saturday was so fun, but absolutely ridiculous.
Around 10:00a the McGoverns came back and brought our new bunk bed. Elder McGovern and I put it together while the others were talking. Not because they weren't trying to help, but because you can only have so many bodies in a small room before it starts to get a little too warm. Plus I was the first to help because I think I was the most excited about this. Photo attached of how it looks now! (Sadly no before pics. Just imagine a massive bed that covers the whole room, and there you have it.)
When we started off the day, we'd had four SPFs planned, but by the time the first one was supposed to happen, all four had cancelled. π₯
SO!! Instead of sitting on our butts all day and doing boring Facebook work, we decided to make cookies. A LOT of them. We each made our own batch of supposedly 24 cookies, but we ended up with far more than 72 cookies. I have a video, and it will of course be attached.
What we did with these cookies however, was even more fun than making them. We took them to some members, and gave them a second plate to share with someone that they thought could use some cookies! It went so well!! We even got in with some members we hadn't otherwise been able to!!
We also didn't get home til 9:00, so it was very much an all day thing we did. It was so fun though!!! :D
Sunday!
Sunday was good! Church was great as usual! We had 4 people there!!! Talisa, Solomon, Dean (over Zoom), and Mr. Peters (Sister Peters' nonmember husband)!! It was awesome!! It was our goal to get 4 people at church, so we were pretty happy to have reached it!!
After church there was a linger longer potluck! Now that, was fun. We sat at a very entertaining table. It was the three of us, Talisa, Teneal, Elder Curtis (Home MTC), and Graham Lonsdale. I think the funniest part of this was it was the missionary of times past (Teneal, 24), the missionaries of times present, (us three), and the missionaries of times to come (Elder Curtis and Graham, who both leave for the MTC within the next 3 weeks). And then there was Talisa haha! I did my darndest to include her in everything, because I'm sure she was a little lost with all the missionary talk. It was a lot of fun. :D
After church we had studies and then dinner with the Curtis'. It also happened to apparently be Elder Curtis' mission farewell party they invited us to, so that was a lot of fun! The Griffins were there too!
Elder Curtis flies to the Mexico MTC today. I made a painting for Sister Curtis of him, cause let's be honest, it's really for the mom. She loved it! Which is good! It's included in this week's pictures, of course.
We shared a rather chaotic Restoration [lesson] after dinner, mostly for his gf who isn't a member but was there. We had Elder Curtis participate, and he shared the first vision. It was awesome. We didn't get out of there until like 6:55p, though. π³π
At 7:00p there was a Bishop Youth fireside which was a lot of fun to attend! They had us share why we decided to serve, and after all three of us went I shared the importance of making the decision to stay. Both on a mission, and in the church. I think it went well!
This was also the last time we would see Eliana because on Wednesday she leaves for college. π₯ She's gunna do great though!! :D
We got home just in time for mission prayer and then headed to bed.
Today!
Today is an exciting pday! We did our shopping and chores and stuff already, and the Rapids Sisters are coming over at around 1:30p, and we're gunna go get ice cream, and go visit the zoo and just hang out! It'll be a lot of fun!! I love the Rapid's sisters. Sister Anderson was in my last district, and Sister Horton was in my hotel room the first night of the mission. I love them both a lot. :)
I'll let yous know how it goes next week!! I love you all!! Have the best week!! And never forget!! You have an incredible loving Heavenly Father who is looking out for you!!
We can do this!
¡SΓ se puede!
Peb Yeej Ua Tau!
Love
Sister Lovell
Link to the photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH8UuZNVov71FYot7
Link to the blog:
https://sisterhannahlovellwisconsin.blogspot.com/
¡SΓ se puede!
Peb Yeej Ua Tau!
Love
Sister Lovell
Link to the photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH8UuZNVov71FYot7
Link to the blog:
https://sisterhannahlovellwisconsin.blogspot.com/
Pictures:
![]() |
| 1) DC pics! |
![]() |
| 1) DC pics! x2 |
![]() |
| 2) Chilling outside |
![]() |
| 2) Chilling outside x2 |
![]() |
| 2) Chilling outside x3 |
![]() |
| 2) Chilling outside x4 |
![]() |
| 3) Finished product!! π¨ |
![]() |
| 4) Zone Conference from last week |
![]() |
| 5) Fun heart for heart attack! ❤️ |
![]() |
| 6) Weekly meme |
![]() |
| 7) Bunk bed!! π |
![]() |
| 8) Painting of Elder Curtis |
9) Cookies!! πͺπͺπͺ [Video]












No comments:
Post a Comment