Monday, September 12, 2022

πŸ’™πŸ„Messy SmurfπŸ„πŸ’™

Come one, come all! To the crazy circus that is my weekly email!! πŸ˜†

In all seriousness, thanks for coming back again every week all y'all that read this. ❤️ Y'all are the real MVPs.  (Most Valuable Players, to those of yous who never know what I'm talking about lol)

Well!! Let's hop right on into it shall we??

Monday!
So, funny story, at about noon last pday, the Rapids sisters texted us to ask if we wanted to come to their area and have a district pday. Apparently the Elders were chilling with games and such at their building (as it's the middle point of the district) and had invited them. We turned down the offer because of... a good couple things. It was very last minute, and we hadn't accomplished all of our pday tasks yet, and the Elders didn't even invite us, the Sisters did. If it had been planned out we totally woulda gone, but as it were.... it wasn't planned, and I wanted to talk to my family. So we didn't have a district pday last week.

Tuesday!
Tuesday was crazy honestly!! We drove out to Neilsville and visited a bunch of members out there!! Time for speed round of what happened!!

- We first went to the Bauer's, in the opposite direction of Neilsville, but they're darling, and it was the first time they invited us over, so we just went with it. It was honestly the best. They're a darling young married couple. :D

- After that we went to Neilsville and had lunch with a less active!! She's really sweet, and her mom and mom's best friend were in town too for some summer shenanigans! Her mom is active and was very happy we were visiting her daughter. :)

- Next up were the Ludovics! They're really sweet, and we shared a message with them. :)

- We headed to the Rupnick's next! We were doing service for them and brought service clothes, because I wasn't about to paint their walls in my dress haha! It was fun, but rather chaotic. (Sounds like them haha!!) Most their furniture was still there, and most of the time we didn't have drip cloths πŸ‘€. They told us to just go at it. No tape or nothing... He said he was proud of what we'd done, but idk if I'm proud of it.... part of it was the color. XD The room was bright pink before, and now it's a darker blue. Not dark, but not neon... so we're getting there. The ceiling was also being painted blue. It was interesting.

- Sister Orozco had stepped in the paint tray with her sock at one point and was just generally covered in blue paint by the end, so she received the nickname "Messy Smurf" from them. They like to give their missionaries nicknames. I don't know whether or not to be sad that I didn't receive one. πŸ˜† I did however draw Sister Orozco as a Smurf sticker, so look for that picture.

- We ended up at the Rupnick's about an hour longer than planned and went over another SPF we had elsewhere. We showed up there and apologized for our tardiness, but she's a cute old lady and she said that she'd just gotten up anyways, and to not worry as she likely wouldn't have been up earlier. All's well that ends well! The Lord has impeccable timing.

- That SPF went really well. :D She said she was feeling kinda lonely and wishing someone would stop by, and she was glad we had! I love Joel!! (Joe-elle pronunciation wise) She's a cutie.

- We also had another SPF after dinner with the Fosters who live too far for our miles, but we set up a Zoom call, and that went well!! :D

That's about it for Tuesday!

Wednesday!
We had District council this day, and that was good! We went out to eat at the Mexican place again afterwards, and bOY are those burritos good. πŸ˜‹ They're also massive, though. πŸ˜† I'm always able to eat like 90% of it, which basically means I can't finish the last 3 bites of it because of how huge they are. Too little to save, too much to stuff down my face. ...but talking about it makes me want it rn [right now] haha!

We had a lesson with our friend Amanda on the ride home, and that went well I think!!

We had dinner with a cute family that evening! The Gilbert-Peter's! The mom is a member, and the dad is not, but he's a grey dot in our Areabook, and we shared a message, so that was awesome!! They were really amazing, and we're going back!! (They're cancelled actually, mega sad).

We also did silly facemasks again that evening which is always hilarious! Idk if we took pictures this time, so if we did they'll be attached. 

Thursday! 
Speed round time cause I'm running low on it.

We had several lessons, and we had two meals this day!

Lunch was with the Beils for Ward Mission Leader Meeting ft [featuring] food this time!! It was awesome, and the food was amazing!! Sister Beil makes excellent homemade bread!

Dinner was with Sister Calli, and THAT was SO FUN!! It was at the Blue Heron again, and we had so much fun talking to her!! We all three get along with her so well, and she just loves the company. :D the cutest lady!!

We also had weekly planning.

Friday!
The thing that stands out the most from this day was the Amish dinner!! It was really good, and I definitely enjoyed it! I went back for seconds this time and felt that for the next... still feel it a bit, haha! πŸ˜† It was so good, though! It was haystacks, but it was on mashed potatoes! It was AMAZING!! and as usual, the phenomenal homemade ice cream!! Top notch ice cream right there.

Saturday!
Saturday was good! Pretty busy actually! We visited a couple less active members, heart attacked another few members, and had SPFs with our usuals!!

Sister Freeman was feeling sick so they gave us our food to go because they're amazing. Baked potatoes!!! Good stuff!! :D

Sunday!!
We had ward council that morning, and I swear, it usually goes pretty okay, but then someone always starts contention, and this time I tried to speak up, and felt like I was being attacked. After I stopped talking my heart was going WAY fast.

Basically someone didn't want to do something because it "wasn't their responsibility, but their councilor's", and I basically just talked about BYC (bishop youth council, and how if the president of the quorum or class can't come, the councilors go, or even the secretary! Because it's important someone from that group is there. She wasn't having it though, so I gave up. I tried to make it seem like a joyful thing, but oh well. Next time I'll just keep my mouth shut, I guess. 

Church itself was good!! The Beazers all spoke except for their dad who will presumably be talking soon, haha! They actually captured my attention very well, so that was fantastic!!!

We went to the Lockhart's for lunch, and we were there 2 hours. 😳 They had come see all their animals, (3 bunnies (2 babies), 4 black cats, 5 massive golden doggos, 4 chickens, and a horse.) It was so fun, though, and so worth it!! It was a lot of fun!! :D

We also went to the new move in's house for dinner, the Carlsruh's, and that was awesome!! They have 6 kids but 5 at home. They had a really yummy salad!! They're absolutely darling! So were the Lockharts, haha!

We found someone that evening!! His name is Isaac, and he was really cool!! We called him through Facebook and shared a scripture and set up a time to call back!

We also had a lesson with Solomon earlier in the day which was good because we hadn't had a lesson with him for a good while. :)

Also Mission Prayer of course!

Today!
Today was supposed to be district pday, but the Sisters got COVID, so that was cancelled. Maybe next week?? πŸ˜…πŸ˜₯

It was pretty chill. :) Had the shortest shopping list ever! Ended up with enough money left to go to lunch!! Awesome stuff! Culver's, of course!!

I have received a CRAP ton of emails from friends today, so sorry that this is coming out later than usual; I was preoccupied talking to people because I love it when my friends talk to me, haha! πŸ˜† Makes me feel loved. πŸ₯°❤️

I love you all so much!! That's about it for this week!! Have a great one!!!

We can do this!
¡SΓ­ se puede! 
Peb Yeej Ua Tau!

Love
Sister Lovell

Link to the photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH8UuZNVov71FYot7

Link to the blog:
https://sisterhannahlovellwisconsin.blogspot.com/

Photos:
1) Us at the lake last pday

1) Us at the lake last pday x2

2) the lake

3) Messy Smurf sticker

4) Cute Sister Anderson 

5) The district

5) The district x2

6) Sis 🍐 and I

6) Sis 🍐 and I x2

7)Them facemasks

8) The Queen herself

9) Wisconsin chair ft. UP side table

10) Us + cute sis Calli

No comments:

Post a Comment