Happy New Years to all you folks out there! This week we were going to go to the Library and use the computers to type up our emails, but the library's closed because of the holidays. So you get the usual format lol. (Idk if it would have changed much... I probably woulda just been able to do it faster.) 😂
So here we go!
Monday!
Pretty chill, but pday ended mega early because we had a member meal at 5:00. Bonus points, it was about a half hour away, so pday ended at 4:30. 😨😭 We had an AWESOME time though!!
We were celebrating Boxing Day because the mom of this family is from England, so they celebrate that. I was just excited to participate in Christmas crackers! They have FIREWORKS IN 'EM!! They like... actually spark! You pull 'em apart with a buddy, and idk how that bit works, but it was AWESOME! I love fireworks 😆. Even if they were very very little.
I also drank about an entire bottle... or two... of whatever that sparkling grape juice is called. If I try to say it here, imma call it an alcoholic drink name on accident; I cAN'T get that name down for the life of me. Martini/Martineli or something idk. I think it's Martinelli... heck if I know.
Whatever. Moving on XD. Point is I drank a lot of them, and they were NOT alcoholic. (I'd've ended up super drunk if they were.) The red one is better btw.
Anyways that was a silly rant, but all in all, it was a great day! One of the recently returned missionaries came over and asked us to share a message which was AWESOME because we got an SPF out of this crazy party.
They also did a game where you had to find the pickle ornament on the big tree, and they had a category just for the missionaries. We weren't very good at it 😆. Many pine needle pokes in the face, and one smashed ornament later, everyone that wasn't us was like, "oh yeah, I see it" and we're in there like... "where????" Eventually found it. All's well that ends well. (Don't worry about the ornament. They said it wasn't the first time. Sis Goetz labled her email "I Broke Jesus" this week lol because it had a Jesus picture in it... oh well. 😬😂)
Tuesday!
This was a pretty normal boring ish day until dinner time!
This was the day we got to go to President and Sister Hansen's house for dinner!! TEN OUTTA TEN!!! This was the best. Lol we got to go on a self guided tour of their house. My inner child was absolutely thrilled about this. I LOVE new houses!! Or old houses! Just new to me! They do have a new house tho lol.
We also ate classic Christmas dinner with them!! It was good stuff! Pretty sure it was ham, but it might've been brisket idk. I didn't die immediately after so idk. 🤷🏼♀️
We shared a game with them with a message, so like an object lesson, and they loved it so much they asked us if we'd be willing to share it at a Zone Conference sometime. We said sure! Lol that's high praise I'm ngl.
Wednesday!
We had DC [District Council] on Wednesday!! The ZLs joined us, and the APs were up in Wausau for that Zone Conference. It was pretty good! We did the standard training, and we did it on physical health. We did a mini little skit because Sister Goetz was still sick so it was easy for her to act it XD.
After that we went to lunch at Subway. (Why we went to Subway when Chick-fil-A is an option idk, but it's chill.)
We had dinner with the Colletts this day which was awesome! I found out that I was in a homeschool co-op with their cousins the Lairds lol! We took a picture I could send their cousins that I know.
We had a call with Adrien our newest recent convert after dinner, and that we also had ward coordination over zoom!
Thursday!
We had a roleplay with the Brookefield Sisters while they were on exchanges which was fun!! We also had weekly planning which was awesome as well!! I love weekly planning lol.
We had dinner with the Divelbisses which was awesome! Their aunt was in town, and she's apparently inactive, which we didn't know til they told us on Sunday. We did the same activity we did with President, and it was awesome!
Friday!
Friday was Sister Goetz's birthday! She's 20 now!! We celebrated with the pizza her mom ordered us, and at a member's house for dinner! The zone celebrated in the chat too! It was a great day!!
For dinner we went to the Galindo's with the Hermanas! This was awesome! Hermana Seamanu was also "born" in Platteville, so 3/4 of the missionaries had served in Platteville. Poor Hermana Hansen haha!! She enjoyed the stories.
We did the game for the Hermanas and Hermano Galindo. Hermana Galindo was cooking/cleaning still so she didn't play, but they sure were a fun family!!
We also had SO many calls this day lol. Every form of leadership call that could be had in one day. (Sans Mission President lol) ZL [Zone Leader], SML [Sister Mission Leader], and DL [District Leader]. (STL [Sister Training Leader] and ZL take turns so that wouldn't be possible lol)
We also had two lessons!! Stephen we met with at the library, and that was awesome!
(This next paragraph is being made its own for Sister Olsen. She knows why.)
I got to lead this lesson, and the reason being was that we were talking about the Plan of Salvation, and he asked how there could be a Spirit World before judgement, because the Bible says there is no Repentance after death. (He didn't have a scripture for this, but it was a valid concern). He also wanted to know why we didn't believe in a hell if this was the case.
We both had no clue how to answer that, and I was concerned for the lesson, and silently prayed for strength.
I don't remember what I said exactly, but we read few verses from Alma 36 where Alma the younger is being torn up by the remembrance of his sins, and then feels inexplicable joy when he remembers Jesus Christ. We talked about how that feeling is the feeling the people in Spirit Prison experience, and Alma the younger himself says he was "tortured with the pains of a damned soul", and how when the gospel is preached to them, and they hear about Jesus Christ, they are able to feel that joy that Alma feels!!
We also just bore our testimonies of the Plan of Salvation. I very BOLDY invited him to pray about these things and to come to church. He said he would. It was a REALLY good lesson.
But yep so that was Friday! We also had a pretty EPIC district call that night featuring my FAVORITE STEVEN'S POINT ELDERS!!! The AP's were still up there and hopped on. It was the BEST!! I miss those Elders!!
Saturday!
Okay so Saturday was insane, but I'm running out of time so to put it short:
We had NO plans, so we decided to knock on a bunch of doors of folks who used to be taught! (Aka grey dots)
We invited Savannah who is a somewhat recent convert to come with us which was awesome! We didn't have much luck, but we did get to talk to this one really cool guy as we were leaving! We gave him a passalong card because he wasn't interested, but he said he'd pass the message along! :D
Savannah left then which was good because that's when we went to the kinda sketchier places. We were doing this in Brown Deer, which.... is definitely the sketchiest part of our area. Lol not great planning there, but it was fun! Really felt like old timey missionaries!!
We did find one guy! We kinda chased him down, but he didn't seem to mind! He's super cool! His name is Drew! We would super appreciate any prayers for him!!
After that we went to the Otto's for dinner which was fun! Yet another party we were invited to 😆. We played the Smurf game. They called it something else, but we enjoyed that.
Sunday!
Church is at 12:00p now which is mega weird. We got to church early so we could greet people as they came in, and so we could say hi to the Parkway Elders before they left.
All in all a good Sunday!
Today!
Today was pretty chill, but it's ending early yet again because of a member meal, so I gotta dash. I'll upload the photos tonight, and name 'em on there!!
Have the best week! Happy New Year's!!
PS the title inspo was for my fam who's talked to me like 5 times within the last week and a half lol
We can do this!
¡Sí se puede!
Peb Yeej Ua Tau!
Love
Sister Lovell
Link to the photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH8UuZNVov71FYot7
Link to the blog:
https://sisterhannahlovellwisconsin.blogspot.com/
¡Sí se puede!
Peb Yeej Ua Tau!
Love
Sister Lovell
Link to the photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH8UuZNVov71FYot7
Link to the blog:
https://sisterhannahlovellwisconsin.blogspot.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment