Hello, hello, my good friends and family!! This week has been a wild ride, that's for sure; I'm writing this yesterday because for yet unspecified reasons, I have a lot of free time.
Monday!
Monday was mostly just me attempting to apply to be an FSY counselor at the library (and failing miserably to remember my login). We also went to Chick-fil-A and the laundromat. (Not in that order)
It was also a lot of Sister Goetz packing. And that was about it. I also got to call the fam as usual. :)
Tuesday!
Tuesday was also a lot of packing for Sister Goetz. We tried to stop by a few member's places, but no one was home. We ate out at Zupas for lunch. It was excellent as always. 😋
We called Adriene, visited Anita, and texted our friends to let them know what was going on.
Oh gosh, the lesson with Adriene was wild. We started by reading Enos ch 1, but then when we got to verse like... 10 or smthn, she skipped back to verse 3. We just jumped back to 11, and then when it was her turn again, she was reading from Jacob ch 7. We were really confused. Her phone also died so we didn't even get to say goodbye.
OH MAN, I almost forgot about this part. We had also told Jackie we'd give her a call so Sis Goetz could say goodbye, and she told us what time would work for her. We called her at that time, and she picked up, but she was in the middle of her baptismal interview with Elder Jimenez. 😬😳 We felt so bad and told her we'd call back later.
It was a crazy day.
Wednesday!
The saddest of days.
We got up at 5:45 ish so we could get ready and be at the Milwaukee South stake center by 7:45am. We made it, but BOY it just had to snow for the first time in weeks on transfer day, didn't it?! 😂 Sister Goetz told me she was glad I drove, because (being from Arizona) she said we would nOT have made it safely if she had been driving.
(Thanks, Sister Olsen, for the snow and ice driving lessons)
We get there, and the normally bustling transfer point is quite boring. Our district and a few of the other elders were the only ones there. We got some district pics, and group pics, but it was very sad.
It was so sad to say goodbye to Sister Goetz after only one transfer. :'( Haha but it was hilarious how much the Elders were flirting with each other as they said goodbye. 😂 I guess because they can't flirt with the sisters, they flirt absolutely blatantly with each other. 😂🤣 It's an interesting and very entertaining thing to watch.
We did a group daily planning session after everyone who was leaving got on the transfer bus and headed out. That was pretty fun. (From 11:00a to 1:00p, wallow in self pity-) 😂
Anyways, a few of the baby missionaries starting coming in as we were finishing up, and it was SO fun to be able to talk with them. I was blessed because even though I didn't get to be a trainer this transfer, because I was the only Sister in the building, I got to sit in on the first part where the AP's and Muskego sisters were doing a training for the new missionaries. (No, I wasn't crying; you were crying, shhh) It was quite the event, and it gave me major dejavu for when I was in that meeting the first couple times. BOY do I wanna train again. 😭
Eventually I snuck out of the meeting and to my surprise, discovered that one of the transfer systems had arrived! I got to talk with Sister Eccles and so many other missionaries who were either going home or getting transferred. I love missionaries so much. I knew almost everyone who was at that transfer point. It was insane.
But Sister Eccles served in Lake Michigan over a year ago! She gave me some names to reach out to, and to make a long story short, we did!! And we found them, and some family members as well from one of them!!! Absolute blessing right there. It was awesome.
Sighhhhh I always do this to myself, time for the speed run rest of the week yet again. It is Monday right around 6:00p, time for take off.
I don’t really want to just speed run the rest of the week, so I'm just going to say that Saturday I was super sick, and had a fever of 103°, and with the powerful blush I have, my cheeks were 105° 😂. It didn't feel great though.
Before I got hit by the fever, we were able to go to the baptism of our friend Jackie from three weeks ago, and THAT was a joyous moment in my life for sure!!! She's amazing!!
Sunday we missed out on church because I was sick, and we mostly just sat around because I felt like death. However, later that evening my companion let me borrow her Ukelele, and I taught myself how to play! I can play several songs and can follow any sheet music that has the chords/lead sheet!! This means I can play from the children's songbook and the simplified hymns, and most of the sheet music in The Friend [magazine]!!
I'm sick though, so I can't sing. 😅 at least not well.
Anywho, today was mostly a lazy day just chatting with friends, and I had a LOUSY headache this morning. I'm feeling lots better now, with just a sniffly nose and occasional sneeze left. :)
Anyways, we also saw some INCREDIBLE miracles this week, there's an aMAZING girl named Emma who called US yesterday and we're going to her place tonight at 7:30/8:00ish. :) She just moved from Texas, (not Elder Vest's mission, I asked the Elders) and her Elders referred her to us!! :D So even tho I was painfully sick, we were still able to see God's hand in the work!!
Anyways, “That’s all the time we have for today, kids! Remember, God made you special, and He loves you very much. Goodbye!" :D (Kudos to my brother Daniel for the accurate quote)
We can do this!
¡Sí se puede!
Peb Yeej Ua Tau!
Love,
Sister Lovell
Link to the photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH8UuZNVov71FYot7
Link to the blog:
https://sisterhannahlovellwisconsin.blogspot.com/
¡Sí se puede!
Peb Yeej Ua Tau!
Love,
Sister Lovell
Link to the photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH8UuZNVov71FYot7
Link to the blog:
https://sisterhannahlovellwisconsin.blogspot.com/
Pictures will be uploaded, but no captions again; I'm so sorry. 😅😭
No comments:
Post a Comment