Guten morgen, my friends and family!! This week has been a rollercoaster for sure, so that's always fun. Let's get on into it, I suppose, haha.
Monday!
Last Monday was mega chill, we just got stuff done and messaged friends and called family. I will never again have a movie chill pday because I never have time; it's ridiculous.
That evening we just had dinner at home and then a lesson at the library with Gabriel which went well!!
Got to call home that evening which is always a good time. :)
Tuesday!
We had a lesson with Christel where we just read the Book of Mormon together. That was really good. The Book of Mormon is amazing!
We also had a dinner and a lesson with the Gilbert-Peters! The dinner was good, but SO spicy. I had to keep drinking apple juice because water wasn't going to cut it haha.
And to those of you who know that my spice tolerance is very low, let me tell you a thing. He was planning to make it less spicy, but he said when he was pouring on the cayenne pepper, it exploded onto it, so it got EXTRA spicy. I dunno how I managed to eat it. The Lord blessing my stomach probably.
Anyways, that was an adventure.
For the lesson we played diy Telestrations. It's a little more complicated than regular Telestrations just because... I'm giving the directions. By that alone, honestly it's a miracle we figured it out. Thank goodness for companions who make more sense than I do. XD
It was actually really awesome, though. We got to bond with them through this game, and their daughter Rena, who had said maybe 2 words to us before, was all of the sudden talking to us. (Part of that was because of another connection made through my casual cosplay that day, but that's another story.)
It was a blast. The lesson went well too!! We very much enjoyed it. :)
Wednesday!
We had another lesson with Christel which is always entertaining. We walked there because we're attempting to save ourselves on miles because Steven's Point needed some extra ones, so we gave 'em 80. ππ€― (They initially asked for 800. π± ...jokingly apparently lol)
The lesson went well, though!! We talked about enduring to the end in the church and that baptism isn't the last step.
The rest of the day was pretty much just overtaken by the ward Halloween party. That was a hit, let me tell you. I definitely enjoyed it.
Now that we're here, let me tell you all about what I've been doing the past few weeks.
I have been dressing up (almost) every day as a random character: Disney Princesses, TV show characters, video game characters (that was but an attempt tbf), and a few miscellaneous ones.
◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇
There will be a collection of pictures of these costumes that will be attatched to this week's email. Make your best guesses and email me them. The person who gets the most right will get a shout out next week, and... idk, a card sent to em or something lol.
◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇
Anyways, the trunk or treat was a hit. That's for sure. It was rather cold though. Especially for poor Sister Olsen who was just wearing a dress and cardigan. π¬ We had lots of kiddos come to our car, and got lotsa compliments on our trunk! (It was nothing special haha. Just metalic and reflective chrome dollar store tablecloths, spiderweb cotton stuff, and Christmas lights.
Thursday!
The most exciting things we did this day were just coordination, weekly planning, and another lesson with Christel. We taught her the Law of Chastity though, and it went really well, so that's always a blessing!!
Friday!
Friday we had our last DC before the transfer. The night before Γldste had found out he got his visa and was going to Sweden. (He's in the Adam's Friendship area) so we all brought him gifts. I had already been making one for him cause he asked me to make it. It's a poster. That's all the description he gave me, so I had fun with that haha.
But in any case, I gave mine first because it made sense. He was anticipating that one. Then everyone else pulled out theirs, and he started crying, poor guy. He didn't tell us he was leaving, but his comps did, so we knew. We're gunna miss him desperately in the district. Life of the party, that one.
Anywho, then we went to La Taqaria again (duh lol) before heading home.
We had studies and then a member meal with the Beazers at Pizza Ranch again! We played the Telestrations game with them which was really fun. Again, I'm surprised because I can't explain things at all haha. I really don't make sense off of paper, or on paper really either...
Anyways! We had another District call that night, and tried not to cry. (We have one pretty much every night, this time Γldste was just trying not to think too much about leaving.)
Saturday!
We had Sister Olsen's New Missionary Summit that morning! We did it in the car which was really entertaining as well haha.
We had lunch at the Englebretson's afterwards and helped them put away their yard decorations before winter. She has a lot of little porcelain houses that she found at garage sales that just chill in the garden patches and look like fairy homes. Pretty fun!
We did comp study in the car, as well as our last district leader call with that companionship. I love them. π₯²π₯Ί
We had our SPF (short powerful frequent haha) with Sister Larson which went well!! She is so so cute!!
Our dinner was canceled that night (for good reason; they went to the temple instead. π₯³π) so we ended up just coming home to do dinner. :)
Sunday!
We had ward coordination before church which went surprisingly well for once haha. It was good! (Pardon my low expectations. It's been awhile.)
But sacrament meeting was WONDERFUL!! It was my favorite thing!! The Primary Program!!! They did so so well. Some of those kids crack me up. π My favorite was Archer E. He's like 6 or 7, and he's just so silly. It was a lot of fun to watch his enthusiasm and energy.
Second hour was pretty good! Mostly... lol. They asked if someone could read or recite James 1:5-6, and I said I could, but the second I received the mic I blanked and forgot the entire purpose of my existence. I just sat there. Sister Olsen tried to whisper the beginning of it to me apparently several times, but I didn't hear her at all.
... I didn't talk the rest of the meeting lol.
We went home for lunch and then came back for our lesson with Gabriel, which actually was cancelled. :'(
Instead I played the piano, and Sister Olsen tried to do a little catching up on her BoM challenge for the day.
We also went to choir again which was super fun. ...at least I thought it was fun. Sister Olsen was a little stressed as she's never done choir. But the good news is I am well aware she has a gorgeous voice. We blend quite well if I do say so myself. I wish she had been in choir with me in high school. She would be a lot more confident because... well... RHS choir is the best choir.
Anyways, that was fun!
Immediately afterwards we had a lesson with Solomon. Sister Carlsruh joined it which was pretty awesome!!
Sister Olsen made a banana bread after choir because our bread pans arrived in the mail. This ended up being a miracle because we got last minute invited to dinner (literally 15 minutes prior haha!) And we got to take the banana bread with us.
The Filimauas invited us and the Griffins over for dinner. That was pretty fun! At several points Sister Olsen and I found ourselves just talking to the two dads about their missions. It was a lot of fun.
We came home and pretty much just hopped on the transfer call. Γldste was at the mission home with President already, so the day prior on our last district call all together each companionship had established a unique signal to show we were waving at him. XD It was awesome.
He also made a savage comment under his breath without thinking about the fact that the whole mission could hear him. XD President kindly rebuked him for it. π³ππ€£
Anyways! We found out about transfers! Sister Olsen and I aren't having a single thing change. Just our district is torn apart. π₯² Only 3 people are leaving technically, but we're getting 3 new people too, so the dynamic will be completely different. I'm excited though!!
Today!
Yet another chill pday, minus the fact that I'm missing the way things were but 2 days ago. This district really was amazing.
That's all, folks!! I'll do what I can to make that guessing game for yous!! I have 3 already, the others will be added soon. :)
Have an amazing week and a great Halloween!!! π
Link to the photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH8UuZNVov71FYot7
Link to the blog:
https://sisterhannahlovellwisconsin.blogspot.com/
We can do this!
¡SΓ se puede!
Peb Yeej Ua Tau!
Love
Sister Lovell
¡SΓ se puede!
Peb Yeej Ua Tau!
Love
Sister Lovell
Link to the Photos to guess π:
Link to the photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH8UuZNVov71FYot7
Link to the blog:
https://sisterhannahlovellwisconsin.blogspot.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment