Okay!!! Round two, here we go.
This week was pretty.. idk the vibe. It was good! Crazy and calm and everything in between tho, too. Idk XD. Let's just get started, huh?
Monday!
Pday was chill, and by chill I mean I spent the whole day messaging friends with my new ability to do so!
Oh shoot, I never explained what happened there. The day before we had our Sunday mission prayer, and President shared a bunch of new rules from the new mission president handbook. We don't have a mission song anymore; they're not allowed to make mission necklaces/pins; and we can't get together with our zone without President there. Including calls. So basically we don’t get CDC anymore, nor do we get to even talk to the zone at all, which is SUPER depressing, but I don’t blame the Pres, nor anyone else really; we just gotta do as we have been asked. ๐ And I'm all for that.
But yeah, I think I explained how we found out we can message? Maybe? Basically Elder Gonzales told us while we were at district pday. It was entirely random. Like, we haven't heard it from President directly either. It was just spread. Like wildfire. But hey, if the APs said so, and so do the ZLs and STLs, then I'm all for it. ๐คท๐ผ♀️
Anywho, I was talking to peeps all day, so I 100% just procrastinated my email. But that’s okay. I'm pro at catching up. ๐๐ this time at least....
Tuesday!
We had District council again!! This one was really good! We had some awesome prep, it's a BYU speech called "100% Responsable" and it was really awesome. We had a great discussion about it! :D
Afterwards, we went to the usual for lunch. Delicious as always. This time I got the Carne Asada burrito, and just for me, cause Sister Olsen just wanted Rice and Beans. It was excellent, but I was not able to finish it. I thought it was hilarious though because รldste informed me that eating half was an A, and I was just going for extra credit at that point XD.
Christel's lesson that afternoon was canceled, so we decided to go to the library even though it wasn't conducive to our miles as we'd be returning after dinner at home.
While we there we got to talk to a few people; at the beginning the guy we talked to wasn't interested, but he thanked us for stopping to talk to him, as it made his day!
Then we went upstairs to study, and I got to sit in the cute cubby chair things. I hardcore passed out at one point haha. It’s just so peaceful and quiet in the library! ๐คฃ I awoke to Sister Olsen talking to Chloe Freeman [member youth] who with the other two sisters [siblings] had come to check out some books. The other sisters went off to look at books while we talked with Chloe, but it was really cool to see them!
While we were there, we received a text from the McKees who invited us over for dinner that evening! And thus our miles suddenly made sense. We headed out right then.
On our way out we talked to a couple people who were interested!! We hadn't been able to talk to them earlier because the other guy was right there, and that'd be awkward. But the one guy we didn't talk to was still there, AND had a friend!! We got both their facebooks, and "found" him the next day! It was amazing! The Spirit really is out here just telling us how to find success in the work!!
Dinner was amazing; it was actually Sister McKee's birthday, and they'd made too much food, so they figured they could ask us over haha. We had a good time with them there, and they showed us their pheasants! I have a video and some pictures that I'll try to include! :D
After that we went back to the library for our lesson with Solomon which went well! We extended the invitation to him to pray about baptism. More on that later.
Funny short story, we made some calls that night, and this one lady answered the phone while we were looking for a guy named Barry, and told us no, she wasn't him, no she didn't know him, please don't call again, it's late, and that we should be in bed. ...it was only 8:50 lol. Sure that's late for calls I suppose, but only sort of. Bed tho?? ๐ maybe if I was 7.
Wednesday
We had this guy call us at 7:00am who wanted to talk and hear about the gospel so that's cool, but he lives in Oshkosh, so we get to pass him off soon. It was also really funny because he just ranted at us for half an hour. It was nuts.
We had an inspection that morning, which was pretty cool because they said our apartment is one of the best/cleanest they've seen. Which was a drastic change from last transfer. Not because we didn't clean last time, but solely because there was a lot that needed help last transfer. It’s all fixed or mostly so now! They told us they couldn't think of anything to have us improve! (I can, but it's all detailing and stuff.) So that was a miracle haha!
We went to the Beil’s for lunch and coordination; it again drove me crazy, but I had to rein in my facial expressions this time because Sister Beil joined us. Even she got a little frustrated sometimes, though. It's a good thing Sister Olsen is good with people lol.
Lunch was really good though! Sister Beil is an AMAZING cook! She also always has homemade bread which is ALWAYS amazing. ๐
After that we had a lesson with Christel, which went well! Her mom was there; her name is Ella. She was very intrigued by our message! We shared the first half of the Restoration before we had to go. We haven't "found" Ella yet, but she is someone we have contact with which is awesome!!
Btw, for someone to be considered "found" or a "find", we need to share gospel principles, extend an invitation to act, have some way to contact them, and set up another meeting. We did all that with Ella, except for the next meeting. :) When someone is found, it just means we start actively teaching them! If they decide they are no longer interested, we mark that, and see who else there is who is interested in learning more! :D
We had dinner with the Lonsdales that evening! That was really good as well! We had quichรฉ, which I had never had before! (To my knowledge lol)
We called Carlos that evening and shared the first half of the Restoration with him! He then counted as a find as well! :D
Thursday
We had lunch with Sister Englebretson and her friends from the ward in their ministering group, and that was pretty fun! Again pretty political for some reason, but that's alright.
We headed to Christel's directly afterwards, and we taught her about tithing... which... went. We'll see how that goes as she prays about it. If yous could include her in your prayers as well that would be awesome. :)
Finished up some weekly planning that afternoon, and had a few lessons that evening. :D
Friday
We dropped off a copy of the Book of Mormon to our good buddy Carlos at the library, and then we decided to street contact in the library. That went okay haha. Most people weren't responsive, so we just spent time pretending to look busy and discussing books while we looked for people to talk to. It was fun all the same. :)
After that we had a lesson that evening cancel, so we decided to get Culver's free ice cream on the way home, (I have a LOT of free tickets) ๐. Then we decided to do some street contacting at the zoo. This also didn't work too entirely well; we did talk to one guy; he was nice but was pretty firm in his own faith.
The coolest part about this was that we ran into the Gabors who invited us to join them for dinner that evening at a local restaurant they'd never been to before. It was awesome to have dinner with them!! The funniest part about it was the restaurant only takes cash and check, but they didn't have any on them. So Sister Olsen (who'd had a thought from the Spirit that this situation would happen) pulled out cash and paid. The Gabors promised to pay her back on Sunday.
Just because sometimes I forget to resolve these, yes they did. They actually overpaid her, and when she finally noticed when we got home, she was rather upset. She has plotted to pay them back one way or another. ๐ Revenge by acts of kindness is my favorite kind.
Saturday
All except two of our appointments cancelled. We did service staining bricks with Sister Lonsdale, and we had dinner at the Freeman’s. Both were awesome!
The funniest part about the Freemans was we had texted them prior to coming over to ask if they had the game Telestrations. They said they'd check, and then messaged us later saying they "do now". Basically they bought it. That was not the point. ๐ฑ I felt so bad, but they said they're a big game playing family, so they would continue using it. Which is good. It was awesome to have for the lesson though!!
Sunday!
Church was good as usual! Brother Freeman spoke which was awesome to hear! As well as Sister Boyack, as well as one of her kids. Christel came to church too which was amazing!!!
We also hit almost all of our goals for the week which was a huge miracle!!
All in all it was a good week!!
That's all folks! I am running late for everything, so I hope yous have a great week!!
We can do this!
¡Sรญ se puede!
Peb Yeej Ua Tau!
Love
Sister Lovell
Link to the photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH8UuZNVov71FYot7
Link to the blog:
https://sisterhannahlovellwisconsin.blogspot.com/
¡Sรญ se puede!
Peb Yeej Ua Tau!
Love
Sister Lovell
Link to the photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH8UuZNVov71FYot7
Link to the blog:
https://sisterhannahlovellwisconsin.blogspot.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment