Monday, December 19, 2022

🎢 And a Cow on a Christmas Tree πŸ„πŸŽ„ 🎢

쒋은 μ•„μΉ¨μ΄μ—μš” !! (joh-eun achim-ieyo!!) This week has been pretty stinkin insane. A bit of a rollercoaster ngl. Let's get to it eh?


Monday!
Run of the mill transfer pday, we packed, bought Sister Olsen some vacuum seal bags, went to Target with our gift cards from Sister Curtis, I bought myself a drink from Bigby and shared with my cutie comp, packed, called family and talked to a few friends, and packed.

That was honestly about it. The other thing we did outside of pday hours was have a dinner with the Lonsdales and had Gabriel join us! That was really incredible actually, and I am very grateful we had that opportunity.

Funny story there, (oh gosh I'm such a nerd πŸ˜³πŸ™ˆ) we were about to share our message at the end of dinner, and darling President and Sister Lonsdale got a bit side tracked for a minute. They apologized, and President mentioned something to the effect of "sorry, I was distracted. Seems to happen whenever I look into my wife's eyes..." or something equally cheesy and low key flirty to his wife, and they kinda just laughed at eachother.

Meanwhile, I'm over here like... trying not to die of the cuteness because when you're a fangirl, you're used to watching and reading about other people's romance, so it was SUPER cute, and I was mildly distracted. And THEN they turn back to us to continue with the message, and Sister Olsen turns to ME of all people to get us back on track, and I'M very clearly trying not to die, so I wave my hand, signaling for her to continue. (Bad move on my part, but unfortunately it was the only move I could make at that precise moment.)

She laughed incredulously and says, "you're flustered!" Kinda quiet, but not quiet enough that everyone can't hear. So I just sit there and become a tomato, and she grins, laughs a bit, and continues with the message. 

We laughed about it later, kinda a lot actually haha, but BOY was I red. If anyone is considering being me when they grow up, they should probably reconsider... I'm kinda embarrassing πŸ˜†πŸ€£.

We also stopped by Sister Caldwell's that evening. And let me tell you... she's one I definitely miss. It's legit only been a little under a week, and here I am, missing everyone in Marshfield like I died or something.... (as a matter of fact, if I "died" ((mission lingo, translates roughly to: was already home from my mission)) I could go visit all these folks, so I suppose even that isn't a good comparison.)

Anyways, Sister Caldwell is The Coolest EverTM, and she gave us these cute cute little Christmas bags full of salty snacks ("because everyone gives out sweet snacks, you need a little variety"). We had the BEST time with her, and I miss her dearly. Got some good pictures though!!

Tuesday!
...shoot I don't have my calendar... k from memory, here we go.....

I know we went to the Curtis's for dinner, and THAT is always amazing! They gave us the cutest little presents, and honestly I adore them. Idk what Imma do without em... man. I get real attatched don't I πŸ˜†.

I think most of the rest of the day was spent reaching out to our friends and members to let them know we were leaving, as well as what was left of packing, and cleaning up the apartment best we could for my darling Sister McGary.

Man I rely on AreaBook too heavily... oh well. It was a good day, because we were in Marshfield, and let's be honest, that's all there is to it.

We had our last district call this evening! Rather sad, but it wasn't too bad. For once I was the one who wanted to be off the call asap, and Sister Olsen was enjoying the tomfoolery πŸ˜†. Flipped from the usual, but it works.

Wednesday!
Wednesday Sister Olsen's alarm went off at 4:50 AM. Getting out of bed that early was nothing short of cruel and unusual punishment, but somehow we managed. We got up and went to investigate the outdoors because it had been freezing raining, and it was supposed to snow 11 inches. Go figure the one time I get transfered out in the last 6 months it's the day with the worst possible weather lol. πŸ˜†

I slipped my snow boots on, bare feet, pj's, and all, and threw my coat on over the top of this mess, and haphazardly prepared for treaturous weather. We went out and waddled and slid on the pavement like weird pink and black penguins at 5 in the stupid morning, before going back inside to make a decision. Oh, and btw, it was freezing raining during all of this. (Stupid weather in the stupid mornings. XP)

This part was actually pretty cool, even if it was 5 am

We decided to say a kneeling prayer and ask about the plan we had. We did this several times with a few different plans, and I'm not sure I recall them, but I do remember that the answers we recieved were pretty direct.

The final answer was that if we left then, and we drove, we would not arrive safely. I had that very distinct thought. So! Back to bed we went, with the plan to call the APs in the morning to tell 'em where we were at. 

The slightly later, but still early, morning came, 6:30 am, and we got up and called the APs. They told us to stay put, and if/when we felt it was safe to drive and leave, to go ahead and do so then.

We got everything packed best we could, we were already dressed from a prior answer at 5 am, and we started loading stuff in the car. This whole time was full of so much prayer, because we wanted to be safe, and be able to get our car to Neenah so Sister McGary could arrive back to Marshfield and have somewhere to take her new daughter.

After we finished loading up, (still freezing raining) we did a quick walk through of the apartment, and then said one more prayer before heading out.

We left, got ourselves some gas and snacks for the road, and took off! I settled very nicely into my passenger seat as Sister Olsen drove, because I knew she could get us there safely, whereas I... really didn't know about me. So! She drove! :D

We arrived in Neenah and mostly just hung out for like 45 minutes waiting for everyone else to arrive. We got to talk to a bunch of departing missionaries and such, and just generally had a good time. Still in the rain lol.

I had to say goodbye to Sister Olsen here, because she went directly to Madison, whereas I went off to Milwaukee. It was a "just in case" kinda goodbye, cause I went into the building to get ready for a 2 and a half hour drive after drinking a ton of water and smoothie, and I didn't know if I'd be fast enough. 

I was not.

...

I miss her.

A lot. πŸ₯Ί

But I know for a fact she's killing it in Mad YSA, so I can't be too sad. 

Doesn't stop me all the time....

But ANYWAYS!!

I took the long journey to Milwaukee in the bomb transfer bus, and sat by cute Sister Jesperson and Sister Cluff!! I had a great time talking with them, and I passed my good ole jolly ranchers around the whole bus as the resident grandma πŸ˜†.

Once we got there, I got to see SO many missionaries, it was honestly insane. I got to see Sister McGary for a legitimate split second, long enough to tackle her in a hug before she went to the trainers meeting though!! I saw Sister Hollingsworth, Sister Skousen, Sister O'Brien, Sister Orozco, Elder Shipley, Elder Vinton, Elder Whipple, and a good bunch of others. It was rather a lot, and I was stressed because I needed to get my stuff, and I had too much in my hands and stuff, but I was able to see and hug and talk to those I wanted (no hugs for the Elders unfortunately, you know how it is). 

I also got to find Sister Goetz!! We were able to get everything taken care of that we needed to there, and have had just an all around bopping time! 

It's really weird to me though, Sister Hollingsworth is the first of my comps to go home. Sister Pearson is next transfer, Sister McGary the next, and I'm right after that. It's honestly insane. (It is really funny to tell Elders I'm headed out in 3 transfers tho... "wHAT?? No way! I remember when you were born Sister Lovell!!" "....nUH UH! YOU JUST FINISHED TRAINING" etc etc. πŸ˜†. Y'all know me, I like to get reactions outta people.)


But yep! I am now companions with Sister Goetz! She also so happens to be my Granddaughter. (Trained by my darling Sister Stewart.) We've had a great time together thus far! Honestly, not too much to report on the daily, it's mostly been me trying to remember names and learn names, and just generally try and get a grip on the area. 

Some things we did do:
- walk a mile to kwik trip and back and street contact in the snow. (More effective than originally thought to be, no finds this way yet tho!)
- Walk to the park and chill (literally) while we had a DL call
- had a couple weird nightly district calls... (ft: the APs in my district??? 😳🀯)
- Watched season 3 episode 2 of the Chosen
- went to church, and had probably The CoolestTM Sunday school lesson I've ever had in my life (ft. Malachi Jeopardy)
- Also ft. Pres and Sister Hansen in the home ward, (super epic, and kinda strange haha)
- Saying hello after church to the Parkway Elders! (Some of my favorite folks!)
- found 3 people!! (A FAMILY!! (soon to be 4, she was sleeping during this one haha))
- Had a bomb lesson with Adriene, a recent convert of legit last week, (ft. A much needed rec for The Chosen)
- Died on the floor (comp is sick, and comp unity, ya know)

That's about all folks! Been a bit of a wack week.

 ... OH I FORGOT TO MENTION THE BEST PART AND REASON FOR THE TITLE!!!

When we were driving home from Milwaukee transfer point to Lake Michigan's area and our apartment in Menomonee Falls, I may or may not have suggested a food place, to which my cute new comp readily agreed. (Aparently she didn't know it was here πŸ˜†)

We went to!!!!! πŸ€©πŸ˜ƒ

CHICK-FIL-A!!!! 

It's only ABOUT. TIME!! 

It's been a YEAR since I've gotten myself some good, proper, Chick-fil-A. 12 count nuggies, fries, frosted strawberry lemonade... the whole 9 yards. Oh glory, what a MEAL!! I was hyped.

We also took our first comp picture by the Chick-fil-A Christmas Tree in their dinning area. Yes it had a cow on it. (Picture attatched)

oKAY. nOW that's all. I hope yous all had a BLESSED week, and I hope the next is the same for you, if not better!! I love you all so much!

This pday is gunna be a lot more chill btw, so feel free to reach out. πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‰

We can do this!
¡SΓ­ se puede! 
Peb Yeej Ua Tau!

Love
Sister Lovell

Link to the photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH8UuZNVov71FYot7

Link to the blog:
https://sisterhannahlovellwisconsin.blogspot.com/

[12 Days of Christmas Photos]
12) 🎢 my 12 nugget meal 🎢 πŸ˜ƒπŸ€©❤️πŸ˜‹

11) 🎢 an 11 out of 10❤️ 🎢

10) 🎢 a10mpting guitar 🎸🎢 (they can't all be winners) ((video)) 


9) 🎢 9 pics in review!!! 🎢 (a collage)


8) 🎢 8 Silly Selfies 🎢 (πŸ˜†)

8) 🎢 8 Silly Selfies 🎢 (x2 πŸ˜†)

8) 🎢 8 Silly Selfies 🎢 (x3 πŸ˜†)

8) 🎢 8 Silly Selfies 🎢 (x4 πŸ˜†)

8) 🎢 8 Silly Selfies 🎢 (x5 πŸ˜†)

8) 🎢 8 Silly Selfies 🎢 (x6 πŸ˜†)

8) 🎢 8 Silly Selfies 🎢 (x7 πŸ˜†)

8) 🎢 8 Silly Selfies 🎢 (x8 πŸ˜†)

7) 🎢 7 πŸ‘‹πŸ»✌🏻 bye bye Marshfield πŸ₯Ί❤️ 🎢

6) 🎢 The Lonsdales and Gabriel 🎢 (there were six of 'em)

5) 🎢 The bEST ornamentttttttttt 🎢 (ba duh da duh)
((from Gabriel in Marshfield))

4) 🎢 4 you, a meme 🎢


3) 🎢 my 3rd time at Bigby 🎢

2) 🎢 2 ornaments 🎢
(handmade by me for my cute daughter Sister Olsen)

1) 🎢and A Cow in a Christmas Tree πŸ„πŸŽ„πŸŽΆ

[Photos continue]
13) handmade box for the handmade present I made for Sister Olsen

14) A new dress from Target

14) A new dress from Target x2

15) Hot cocoa from Kwik Trip ☕️

16) I love winter 🀍

17) I love my Savior ❤️

18) Don't make a mountain out of a.... landfill ☹️

19) Comp craziness πŸ˜†❤️ (ft. my darling Sister Olsen)

20) Sister Goetz and I! 😁

21) An EPIC Hank Smith quote! πŸ’ͺ🏻

22) The resident crazy cat lady

No comments:

Post a Comment