Monday, March 20, 2023

Encounters of the 8-Legged Kind πŸ•·

Hello hello hello, my good buddies and pals!! This week has been a wee bit of a ride, so let's hop to it, eh?


Monday!
I kinda talked about it last week, but it was a pretty chill pday. I definitely enjoyed it. The dinner with the Stays was honestly the best part. Aside from talking to all of you, of course!

We made some calls that evening, and we got ahold of NANCY WOOT WOOT!! We're actively teaching her again, and it makes me SO HAPPY!!!

Tuesday!
We had district council as usual; this went pretty well. I didn't have the best cheerful Sis Lovell attitude in the world going in, because I knew we were pretty much the only ones in the district who seemingly (according to our numbers) appeared to have not even tried to reach our goals. (Spoiler: we were definitely trying). We had mostly zeros on our week, and it kinda peeved me.

Luckily, the discussion didn't go the way I was expecting of "well why didn't yous see more success this last week?" and instead focused on "well hey! Here's a few ideas that could help you in that area you're trying to improve on, and didn't you want to try this thing? How is that going? Maybe add this to it." And it actually made my day. I'm grateful for the Christlike love the missionaries in my district showed to me that day.

After that we went to lunch. While we were waiting for the APs to arrive beforehand, we had all decided on Chick-fil-A, which I was looking forward to, but the APs were supposed to be in charge of choosing, so they chose Panda, which we had just gone to and had realized it wasn't the best for either of our stomachs lol.

Oh well, the APs decided, and the rest the district hopped on the bandwagon pretty quick, so we were overruled.

I actually started writing this email while we were at District lunch, because the ZLs showed up, so Sis Sutherland and I were EXTRA much the only non-leadership, so we kinda faded into the background. I repositioned myself to get the full force of the sun through the window on my back (which felt excellent) and started my email.

I didn't get far, but that's okay. πŸ˜‚

After that we went home and made some calls, had some lessons cancel, went to Sister Brooks', and had dinner at home.

And then my absolute favorite part of the day, for the first time since I've been here, WE ATTENDED THE YOUNG WOMEN'S ACTIVITYYYYYYYYYY!!! IT WAS SO SO FUN!! They just played board and card games on the floor, but it was so fun to watch and be a part of. I heckin love the young women. 😍❤️

From that we actually got talking to Hannah and Savannah, and we set up a day to hang out with them on a pday when they don't have school, or after they get out of school. It's going to be a literal blast -- I'm beyond thrilled. (They're seniors, so we're completely within the rules for interactions with youth πŸ˜‰) 

Wednesday!
We went to the library Wednesday afternoon because we had absolutely nOTHING going on. It was pretty good, but all the rooms were taken, so after we finished with the computers and wanted to make some calls, we just left lol. There was nowhere to call; we walked around the whole library, at least the 2nd floor of it.

So we drove home to make some calls and eat dinner.

We had a bunch of lessons that fell through, and then we called Nancy and talked to her, and also called this other lady who was super sweet on our way to ward coord.

Ward coord was good as always!! We love Brother Jensen!! Best WML [Ward Mission Leader] ever!!!

Thursday!
Thursday was so fun!! We had studies and a call with Deb. Then we role-played with the cutiepie Brookfield Sisters on the way to Sister Hunzeker's.

Sister Hunzeker drove us to the Costco in Port's area and bought us groceries which is a major lifesaver. She's the BEST.

After Costco, she also drove us to Lake Michigan so we could take pictures. Hence the new pfp [Facebook profile picture] πŸ˜‚.

That was an EXCELLENT trip!!!

We got home and did the usual Thursday ✨️WEEKLY PLANNING!!✨️ good stuffs.

We dropped by Sister Eberhardt's to help her daughter. 

We then had dinner with the Stocktons whose kids are my favorites!! They are absolutely crazy, and I hope my kids are just like them someday. 😍

We played Telestrations with them which was absolutely chaotic and so fun!!! Did I mention I love these little chaos bringers?? Next time talk to me, ask me about them and why I love them so much.

Friday
We really didn't have much going on Friday; we had a lesson with Deb and a separate one with Karina. Good times. We talked to Karina about already being baptized, so we got THAT over with lol.

We had dinner with Sister Phillips who is absolutely darling. 

We made a million calls that night, had a lesson with Nancy, and tried to call Adriene with no avail.

Saturday
Saturday we also called a million people, had a lesson with Deb, and found a cute lady named Janice off of fb [Facebook]!!

We went to dinner with Sister Wagner who is super darling!! She reminds me eXACTLY of Sister Crider in Platteville; she has 3 cats, a late husband, cute grandkids; she sews, the whole shebang. Luckily her cats are actually nice tho and don't bite me. πŸ‘€ (cue flashbacks to devil kitty times....)

Anywho, she was darling, and we're going back next Sunday

Sunday!
Absolutely crazy! At least church was. 

Oh also this was my bday which added it's own chaos lol.

Church was ward conference which was so fun!! The talks were amazing, and I learned a lot. Don't have time to go too into detail though, so sorry.

Second hour was also excellent, but I missed having Brother Morris teach because he keeps my attention really well, and I'm not even tempted to fall asleep. ...I hope I get to attend him teaching again before I leave. πŸ₯ΊπŸ₯²πŸ˜₯

Anywho, after church we went home for lunch, and I called my mom and Daniel. 

For dinner we went to the Passey's, and let me tell you, this was an adventure. For dinner they had my absolute "favorite" dish of all time... you guessed it.... fish. πŸ˜› not a fan lol. 

The rest of the time was INSANE!! They sure know how to make me laugh. πŸ˜‚ It was the best bday present I coulda asked for from them.

They also had cake for me which was precious! They sang, and I blew out the candles!

I got to talk to my fam that night.

Today!
We had district pday which was so fun, but I'll write about it next week cause I'm WAYYYYY OUTTA TIME.


LOVE Y'ALL BYE


We can do this!
¡SΓ­ se puede! 
Peb Yeej Ua Tau!

Love
Sister Lovell

Link to the photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH8UuZNVov71FYot7

Link to the blog:
https://sisterhannahlovellwisconsin.blogspot.com/

I'll upload photos tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment