Monday, March 27, 2023

Tales Untold 🧚‍♀️📖✨️

Hey! So last week I forgot to mention the story behind my email title, so we're gunna share that now. I also forgot about a hilarious story from the week before I didn't mention, so this email is going to be a short mini/bonus chapter in the book that is my emails.


---

✨️Tales Untold #1 ✨️
Encounters of the 8 Legged Kind 🕷🕸

One day during lunch I got hit by the cleaning fairy. 

(It's an ADHD thing; don't worry about it. Basically just means I got random motivation to clean the entire stinkin' house, with not enough time to do so. Happens on occasion, usually/almost always when inconvenient.)

I had the urge to clean, and to clean SOMETHING NOW, so I decided to go ham on the closet by the front door.

I pulled everything out of the closet that was on the floor, and reorganized the coats and jackets hanging inside. 

I vacuumed the floor, and the surrounding carpet outside of the closet as well.

Anywho, suffice to say, I cleaned it out and was putting the skinny pvc pipes we have for no reason along with the mop handle without a mop on the end into the back corner of the closet.

So now I need you to imagine this part with me.

I'm in the closet holding these poles, and I move the coats a bit so I can fit the poles behind them in the back corner of the closet. As I'm doing this, I'm slightly hunched over under the rod that supports the hangers, so that I can fit to accurately place the poles exactly where I want them. (See?? The cleaning fairy.)

As I reach my hands into the corner, I look up a little bit to the underside of the shelf that is above the hanger rod.

You guessed it, there was a big fat spider RIGHT THERE. Not a foot from my face. 

As any normal person would, I promptly dropped the poles and jumped out of the closet screaming.

When I jumped out of the closet I screamed.

I looked at him again from 3-4 feet away and screamed.

I crouched down a bit and saw him AGAIN and screamed.

By this point my companion was yelling from the bathroom wondering what the heck was going on.

When she came out of the bathroom, I was holding a nerf ball gun and was shooting at him with it, in the hopes I wouldn't have to get any nearer to the sucker again.

As I did this.... you guessed it, I was screaming. 😂😂😂

"AHHHH! I MISSED!!!!"

"AHHHHHHHHH!!! HE MOVED HE MOVED!! I MISSED AGAIN!!!!"

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I HIT HIM BUT HE FELL AND IDK WHERE HE WENT!!!!!!!! 😭😭😭"

My comp walked over, grabbed her shoe, spotted him, not on the carpet, but still on the underside of the shelf, and smashed him right then and there. Walked away muttering about spiders or smthn 🤣🤣🤣. That girl don't even know how to hesitate. 😂

This was all fine and dandy; I had my little post spider party dance and got back to putting stuff in the closet, albeit a little more hesitantly this time 😂, but I got it all put back. 

...At least what I wanted in there..... the rest sat in disarray around the closet for a day or two before I put those things elsewhere 🤣. Cleaning fairy left me, man; what do you expect???

Anywho, the next morning I was chilling on the couch, and my comp tried to walk into the kitchen for breakfast, but she screamed. She had walked into a GIANT SPIDERWEB. IN. OUR. DINING ROOM. 😱😱😱😭

Needless to say, I skipped breakfast that day.

She spotted the spider on the ceiling, (another big guy) and went to grab a shoe. Problem is, she's 5'1, and the ceiling is at least 7 ft, so I told her to use the mop handle. I expected her to put her shoe on it and get him that way. Nah, she just knocked him off the ceiling and onto the floor.

To this day, we don't know where he went.

I live in constant fear.

The End.

---

✨️ Tales Untold #2 ✨️ 
Sleeping Beauties 😴💖🛏

Okay, so like 2 weeks ago now, we went to this cute CUTE member's house for lunch!! We had an excellent time, because she and her daughter are the best. The food was phenomenal, ALL the stuff. 

(Side note: the main course had mushrooms in it, and I ATE THEM!!! Yous should be proud of me. I HATEEEE mushrooms. I just chopped em up real small lol. Made it more manageable.)

Anywho, for desert they gave us some homemade cookies!! They were mega addicting and SO SO GOOD!!! Just plain ole sugar cookies, perfectly round, unfrosted. You know the deal. 

I ate like 5. 

My companion probably ate pretty close to the same amount.

We left their house and drove to our next appointment which cancelled, so instead we drove to our next one and had a video call with Deb while we were driving.

We parked just around the corner from our next appointment, and talked to Deb until we had to go.

This whole time Deb was talking though, the two of us were hardcore passing out. I fell asleep probably 4 times, and Sister Sutherland probably twice as many.

Anywho, we did our best to cut the call short, because it was clear we were unfit for teaching. (It's a good thing we were just doing a Book of Mormon read, let me tell you.) 

We had Deb say the prayer, and we both zonked while she prayed. She finished the prayer, and we managed to say goodbye before hanging up and agreeing we'd use our last 10 minutes before our next appointment to nap.

A good choice because after we had set a timer and reclined our seats, we were OUT like lights.

We woke up to the alarm and now slightly more awake, we headed to our next appointment, an SPF with the Houdeks. We told them our story about the day so far, and they thought it was hilarious.

By this point we had connected our sleepiness to the cookies, because we had each been given a to-go bag of these cookies. We had both munched on another and near immediately been hit with a wave of exhaustion.

We wondered what the heck was in the cookies. 😂😂😂 The Houdek's also shared in our curiosity.

We went the rest of the day okay until we got home. Sister Sutherland had decided to partake in another cookie right before we did some finding. Yep. She definitely passed out on the couch halfway through. I woke her and told her I knew she shouldn't have had another cookie 🤣.

I took a cookie before going to bed, and let me tell you, I slept SOUNDLY. I slept through my personal alarms. TWO OF THEM.

I haven't had another of the cookies since that night before bed, but I also slept through the two alarms the NEXT morning too!!!!

Absolutely insane. 🤣 There's definitely something in those cookies.

We've shared this with a few members who also thought it hilarious, and who cracked jokes about what could be in those cookies.

Moral of the story, don't eat spiked cookies, kids.

The End.

---

So there you have it. Two untold tales that are absolutely hilarious in my opinion. I hope you enjoyed them as much as I did; you'll have to let me know! Maybe I'll think of some more and do a part 2 before I go home.

Anywho, I LOVE YOU ALL! I hope I get my actual email out at a good time this week. We'll see, I suppose.

We can do this!
¡Sí se puede! 
Peb Yeej Ua Tau!

Love
Sister Lovell

Link to the photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hH8UuZNVov71FYot7

Link to the blog:
https://sisterhannahlovellwisconsin.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment